Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

jos28 wrote: »
    That's a ridiculous portfolio, pity the people answering the phones in that Department
    C.A.G.S.M.T!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Timmy Dooley is being nominated by MM!! Nooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

jos28 wrote: »
    What did Stephen Donnelly do to warrant a cabinet position :confused:
    Well he's got the poisoned chalice!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Catherine Martin has some broad department. Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport, Media and Tourism. Ridiculously large portfolio.

I don't think it's that broad really, just a long name.

You could lump culture, art and media into "culture" for a start.

I'm just glad sport and tourism are out of transport now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The new cabinet wouldn't exactly strike confidence, more like incompetence.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Timmy Dooley is being nominated by MM!! Nooooooooooo

You think they're finally out and they get pulled back in...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I hope he does a better job than he did in health.

If you asked anyone in the HSE or on the frontline in January, they would say he was the worst health minister in decades. He was hated. Not sure if their opinion would have changed much since. He lost the dressing room in the dept of Health long ago. He somehow managed to hire even more management into an already bloated managemany layer and did not get rid of the useless ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

nc6000 wrote: »
    I would have thought Rural Affairs was a better fit for Agriculture than Social Protection.

Absolutely, Social Protection should be a standalone Department considering what's involved. Ridiculous to stick Rural Affairs in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

nc6000 wrote: »
    I would have thought Rural Affairs was a better fit for Agriculture than Social Protection.

Agriculture and rural affairs are kind of natural bedfellows so yeah it's a weird one. That dept that Catherine Martin is now minister of is a mess waiting to happen. Regardless of who it is nobody can devout the necessary time if they have so many areas of responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yes she did speak.

She must have whispered then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Well he's got the poisoned chalice!
    He almost had to, he's been banging on about Angola since he got into the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Floppybits wrote: »
    All she did in her previous role was stand behind either coveney on varadkar, she never said anything. Has she even spoke in the dail? FF TD's must be fuming.

If you don't know something then it's better to keep your mouth shut.

She must have whispered then.

In the dail chamber she spoke. Her predecessor dara Murphy said feck all when he was there. He didn't speak it was the full minister that spoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Delighted to see how the FF brigade now perform after years of criticising FG.

Especially be looking at Donnelly and Dara in housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Let's call a spade a spade here, dude; no combination of ministerial appointments in the universe would have pleased you.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,219 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    ....no skin off my nose but it must be awful boring sitting on a website 24 x 7 just to moan

Speaking from experience are you?

I'm sitting on a boat here having just had the first pizza from my fav restaurant since lockdown.

Nice beer and watching winners huffing and getting upset. :)

is_that_so wrote: »
    He almost had to, he's been banging on about Angola since he got into the Dail.

I couldn't remember the country the dept of health was compared to. Senior hurling now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What would private school public servant Leo know about enterprise, trade and employment?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

efanton wrote: »
    Got to love a trier

You produce a 5 year old report that is out of date, but hide the fact that a later version of that report found that a train link to Navan would be economically not viable and simply would not carry sufficient numbers of commuter to make it worth while. Instead they proposed a Bus solution using the N3 that is now a viable bus route as most of the traffic is now using the M3.

If you wanted an argument for a motorway you have just made it yourself.
    Get the through traffic that has no need to be clogging up and poluting towns and villages onto motorways and bypasses so that the local roads are now available for local bus routes and safer for local traffic and cyclists.

Not so long ago you didnt even know about the Navan train lines or the M3 parkway but argued for a week against it. Then you accuse me of been a "trier"

The current Cavan/Navan/Dublin link is conneted by a hourly bus service, where you aware of this? the service has been shown as not fit for purpose. Not because of the Cavan to Clonee section, the clonee onwards is a traffic jam when people would want to use it to get to work.

The whole of Meath/Cavan etc are talkign for years about getting the train line open to give commuters from Navan and the surround the option to get a train into Dublin. The village of Clonee and Dunboyne are booming now due to a train station in area. They cannot build house/shops/etc quick enough as people move to the area.

The M3 parkway is jammed everyday with car from Cavan/Navan etc driving up to get a train into Dublin.

Of course you are aware of all of this?

The best so far you came up with is that if we invets in train then everyone cant use a car anymore, nonscense.

Is there any government in the world that votes on cabinet decisions ? What is Eamonn Ryan on about here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

If you don't know something then it's better to keep your mouth shut.

Don't be so f***ing rude, I as a taxpayer and voted an entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that this a shocking appointment for justice in this country. The woman barely spoke and just stood around at the back of press conferences saying nothing. What are her achievements to date to warrant such an office. Arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Speaking from experience are you?

I'm sitting on a boat here having just had the first pizza from my fav restaurant since lockdown.

Nice beer and watching winners huffing and getting upset. :)

Pizza and beer, shinner staple diet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anybody else get sleepy when Eamon Ryan speaks?

Im sure Eamonn Ryan is a nice person and likeable but I'm sorry as a now minister in government I can't see how he'll do the job.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Continue on for the next 5 years moaning.....no skin off my nose but it must be awful boring sitting on a website 24 x 7 just to moan

And yet you do it anyway

Anybody else get sleepy when Eamon Ryan speaks?

Not sleepy just kind of zone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What would private school public servant Leo know about enterprise, trade and employment?

His job isn't too know all about it; it's to organise, lead and provide direction to the department. The civil servants who know the nitty gritty will implement the agreed priorities and plans.

Don't be so f***ing rude, I as a taxpayer and voted an entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that this a shocking appointment for justice in this country. The woman barely spoke and just stood around at the back of press conferences saying nothing. What are her achievements to date to warrant such an office. Arsehole

Eh, you clearly don't keep up with Brexit. Been on Sky and BBC a heap of times clearing up British assumptive nonsense.

About as much as private school educated Richard Boyd Barrett knows about the voters he tries to win over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is what I don't get.

Some here complaining about incompetence.

Yet, if Sinn Féin were leading a government, you would see incompetence, no track record and low ability up and down the cabinet on a biblical scale.

Pearse "three times college dropout 'engineer'" Doherty; Minister for Finance is literally as high as the competence would go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement