Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,219 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Floppybits wrote: »
    Don't be so f***ing rude, I as a taxpayer and voted an entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that this a shocking appointment for justice in this country. The woman barely spoke and just stood around at the back of press conferences saying nothing. What are her achievements to date to warrant such an office. Arsehole

I tend to agree. She strikes me as a lightweight, and I have seen her badly caught out on Brexit.

More a quota post than anything. She'll be found out pretty quickly in Justice if she isnt up to it.
    My bet would be she will be the first head to roll if it isnt Donnelly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Even with the covid gold star how does Harris get another ministerial position. Way out of his depth

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Im sure Eamonn Ryan is a nice person and likeable but I'm sorry as a now minister in government I can't see how he'll do the job.

You know he was Minister for Communications (etc) in the 2007-2011 FF-led government.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

About as much as private school educated Richard Boyd Barrett knows about the voters he tries to win over.

What's this about Barrett, why are you mentioning him?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

What would private school public servant Leo know about enterprise, trade and employment?

Not a big Leo fan but that's a strange question...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

You know he was Minister for Communications (etc) in the 2007-2011 FF-led government.

I do but he wasn't memorable to me anyway but just listening to him speak he isn't striking me with confidence early doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

rob316 wrote: »
    Even with the covid gold star how does Harris get another ministerial position. Way out of his depth

Hes too young to retire. Stick him in a corner with a few colouring pencils

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I tend to agree. She strikes me as a lightweight, and I have seen her badly caught out on Brexit.

When?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mary Lou banging on about a United Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

What would private school public servant Leo know about enterprise, trade and employment?

I've never voted FG.

FG took over in 2011 when the economy was on its knees, and brought it back to a place of strength. So I'm glad to see them hold on to that position; they have a proven track record.

Also, fair play to Leo. He could have easily opted for something qualitative like Foreign Affairs, but he chosen something where it will be easily measured if he's done a good job or not. That takes moxy. And at a time where everything's on fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Helen is there to get ratio up, nothing more. She's completely out of her depth.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What's this about Barrett, why are you mentioning him?

You mentioned about Leo varadker as not knowing about his new portfolio and you may be right but my point is that where a person goes to school has no bearing on whether a person in this case a TD can connect with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

All she did in her previous role was stand behind either coveney on varadkar, she never said anything. Has she even spoke in the dail? FF TD's must be fuming.

i'm not mad keen on f.g. But must admit, that that Helen McEntee seems very stalwart to me. When her poor father passed away, [so sadly], she courageously shouldered control of the reins in his Meath? constituency.

Have heard her speak only a very few times, but was most impressed, [though not too much in agreement].

could be Taoiseach?

More a quota post than anything. She'll be found out pretty quickly in Justice if she isnt up to it.
    My bet would be she will be the first head to roll if it isnt Donnelly

when was that ? I don't remember her being badly caught out on brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hes too young to retire. Stick him in a corner with a few colouring pencils

At least he's away from a major post anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Mary Lou banging on about a United Ireland.

Jesus she is painful none of them (sinn fein) could be gracious like the rest can for more then a few seconds. Painful. She will hope that people will forget her admiration for the IRA and no problems to take up arms if she could

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Don't be so f***ing rude, I as a taxpayer and voted an entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that this a shocking appointment for justice in this country. The woman barely spoke and just stood around at the back of press conferences saying nothing. What are her achievements to date to warrant such an office. Arsehole

Calm down, my friend. McEntee was very highly regarded in Europe, spoke extremely well in the Dáil on many occasions, and was very much on top of her portfolio. She's extremely competent, hard working, and dedicated.

Excellent example of how competent she is. Running rings around John Humphrys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrtlNLg1lqQ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No senior cabinet minister from Connacht by the looks of things or did I miss someone. Thanks.

alan Kelly getting the digs in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Speaking from experience are you?

I'm sitting on a boat here having just had the first pizza from my fav restaurant since lockdown.

Nice beer and watching winners huffing and getting upset. :)

Your sitting on a boat in a beautiful setting and instead of talking, having fun with family and friends. Your posting on a forum with strangers about politics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

alan Kelly getting the digs in.

What's his deal? Is he not meant to be in opposition?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    What's his deal? Is he not meant to be in opposition?

Stockholm Syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

How tf was Alan Kelly appointed leader instead of Aodhán??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

McEntee in Justice is exciting, I must say. It should have been Jim O'C though. (My last J'OC post, I promise)

Jimbo couldn't afford the loss of income from his 'real' job in the Four Courts.

For him, his TD's salary plus expenses is pin money.

How tf was Alan Kelly appointed leader instead of Aodhán??

Ask the Labour Party members that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

is_that_so wrote: »
    Humphries gets it as well.

Her father was a long time FF TD before he got caught up in the Ansbacher affair and became an independent. Norma, apart from being a woman, has the two important characteristics of being a school teacher and the child of a former TD. Teachers in the Min for Ed job are often not the best; unless that the type who “kicks against the pricks”, they are most likely to view it only from the teachers’ perspective.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    How the limerick to cork train line?

I like a lot of what you post, but please don't post sh1te about things you evidently haven't got a clue about.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,219 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

when was that ? I don't remember her being badly caught out on brexit.

Can't check now as I am on a phone. It was when FG were looking watery on WA

Darragh O'Brien - housing.

That should help him to tackle his alarming weight increase.

When I was one of his constituents he probably weighed 60% of what he weighs today.

• Advertisement

Well why didn't the SD get together with the 57 % then and form a government then deputy shorthall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement