Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

That should help him to tackle his alarming weight increase.

When I was one of his constituents he probably weighed 60% of what he weighs today.

The MLM diet I think its called

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭scooby77

Fann Linn wrote: »
    No senior cabinet minister from Connacht by the looks of things or did I miss someone. Thanks.

Or Donegal it seems- North-west hasn't done well!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,220 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Your sitting on a boat in a beautiful setting and instead of talking, having fun with family and friends. Your posting on a forum with strangers about politics?

I'm reading them your posts. They are loving it...better than the comedy on telly last night.
    You were only bettered by Eoghan Harris on the radio there a few minutes ago.
    Better up your game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,499 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Floppybits wrote: »
    All she did in her previous role was stand behind either coveney on varadkar, she never said anything. Has she even spoke in the dail? FF TD's must be fuming.

This is just not true.

I've heard her interviewed many times on radio about the Brexit issue and I was very impressed.

She really knew her brief and was able to answer questions succinctly and knowledgeably.
    Of course when she's at an EU conference and a more senior politician is there then they'll dominate the media.

I think she'll be a good minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I tend to agree. She strikes me as a lightweight, and I have seen her badly caught out on Brexit.

More a quota post than anything. She'll be found out pretty quickly in Justice if she isnt up to it.
    My bet would be she will be the first head to roll if it isnt Donnelly

What do you mean by quota, Francis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The 18 other Corona viruses

The 19 refers to 2019!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

She's a woman. Ticks all the boxes!

And everyone (apart from me) has forgotten that her daddy was an Ansbacher tax cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I'm reading them your posts. They are loving it...better than the comedy on telly last night.
    You were only bettered by Eoghan Harris on the radio there a few minutes ago.
    Better up your game. :)

That is the saddest thing I have heard in my life....

Are people not able to communicate anymore that they sit around reading an Internet forum?

What do you mean by quota, Francis?

Gender quota

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

No senior cabinet minister from Connacht by the looks of things or did I miss someone. Thanks.

None from Donegal down to Limerick, including all of Connacht.

That's kinda pissed me off.

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    That is the saddest thing I have heard in my life....

Youve been here all day fighting on a few fronts...despite claiming you couldnt watch Michael because you had a job.

Harris wins btw...he loves Michael...no doubt about that.

And everyone (apart from me) has forgotten that her daddy was an Ansbacher tax cheat.

Read back a few posts!

Marcusm wrote: »
    Read back a few posts!

Yep - saw it subsequently. It's you and me against the youngsters so.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Truthvader wrote: »
    With Dublin City Coucil run by Keegan and the Greens in it will be compulsory. Pity all victims of the Green fantasy come Winter. Sure thats politics for you

Yes, compulsory lycra too and mandatory wheatgrass smoothies for all.

Vee haf ways of making you healthy.

statesaver wrote: »
    None from Donegal down to Limerick, including all of Connacht.

That's kinda pissed me off.

On the bright side, at least Willie O'Dee isn't there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 trisha e

Is Trade going from Foreign Affairs and being replaced by Defence or is Coveney getting this Dept as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Eoghan Harris on Newstalk there now
    Sf let on they like being the main opposition but they know they don't like it at all
    Micheál martin has beaten them
    He saved more lives with the smoking ban than the IRA took in the troubles
    He has the stoicism to take any abuse and this government will get the job done while Sinn Féin wither on the vine
    They know this and know he's beaten them ,that's why they're so angry

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

trisha e wrote: »
    Is Trade going from Foreign Affairs and being replaced by Defence or is Coveney getting this Dept as well?

Yes trade is moving over to Leo in the jobs department. Defence moving from justice to FA.

Youve been here all day fighting on a few fronts...despite claiming you couldnt watch Michael because you had a job.

Harris wins btw...he loves Michael...no doubt about that.

Personally my idea of fun is not sitting with friends reading off a forum, better things to discuss

Maybe I’m crazy but that’s me

Yep - saw it subsequently. It's you and me against the youngsters so.

Feck off; I’m only 24 (in my head).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    About as much as private school educated Richard Boyd Barrett knows about the voters he tries to win over.

Or Mary Lou Mcdonald.

Or Eoin O Brioin.

All privelged private schooled.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Sf let on they like being the main opposition but they know they don't like it at all
    He has the stoicism to take any abuse and this government will get the job done while Sinn Féin wither on the vine

Pearse rabbiting on earlier on rte, after the 3rd “change” I turned off.....talk about doing something to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

jos28 wrote: »
    What did Stephen Donnelly do to warrant a cabinet position :confused:

He did a deal with MM when he joined FF obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Billcarson

This new Gov surely knows if it does not perform well that sf will be waiting in the wings. Perhaps knowing that will spur them on. Ff and fg may have won the battle against sf by teaming up together but it's a phyrric victory imo, the war has only really just begun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

He did a deal with MM when he joined FF obviously

A deal he may live to regret

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Billcarson wrote: »
    This new Gov surely knows if it does not perform well that sf will be waiting in the wings. Perhaps knowing that will spur them on. Ff and fg may have won the battle against sf by teaming up together but it's a phyrric victory imo, the war has only really just begun.

The war is over.

So we're told.

Marcusm wrote: »
    Feck off; I’m only 24 (in my head).

:D

Billcarson wrote: »

Based on today performance Labour are the ones to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 16,591 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I reckon SF are delighted to be sitting nice and comfy in opposition for the next few years while the new Government has to make unpopular decisions.

Back in Feb they probably were interested in a shot at running the country but then corona hit and the economy took a nosedive, its win win for them to sit it out for the next few years and then mop up the votes when the electorate slaughter the 3 parties in power.

FF/FG will take a hit but their core vote is fiercely loyal, the Greens won't be so lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Or Mary Lou Mcdonald.

Or Eoin O Brioin.

All privelged private schooled.

The self-loathing Paul Murphy too.
    (Thats the only opinion of Paul's we can all agree on)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement