Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on a new pension from Zurich

• 15-06-2020 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭

Hi all, our company has recently announced that they are setting up a pension scheme with a contribution. I have a few questions regarding contributions and the possible funds involved.

Our employer is making a contribution and we must at least match that. I'm allowed a 20% AVC for my age bracket. So in the section of the application form I've attached would my employee and employer value be equal? What's the maximum I can fill in for the employee value? Does the AVC % need to remove the employee %? I'm unsure of the difference between the employee and the AVC value.

Regarding the funds I'm not new to investing in ETFs, stocks etc. but would like some info when it comes to funds. I would like to keep my costs as low as possible so was looking for some passive funds within the Zurich fund guide (located HERE) however I'm afraid of some hidden costs I'm not aware of. I asked the financial advisors that are handling our scheme but was not sure if they were recommending a fund for reasons other than altruistic. Some of the funds I was looking at were "Indexed Global Equity" or the "Dividend Growth Fund" mainly due to the the additional AMC being 0.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

p to the e wrote: »
    Hi all, our company has recently announced that they are setting up a pension scheme with a contribution. I have a few questions regarding contributions and the possible funds involved.

Our employer is making a contribution and we must at least match that. I'm allowed a 20% AVC for my age bracket. So in the section of the application form I've attached would my employee and employer value be equal? What's the maximum I can fill in for the employee value? Does the AVC % need to remove the employee %? I'm unsure of the difference between the employee and the AVC value.

Regarding the funds I'm not new to investing in ETFs, stocks etc. but would like some info when it comes to funds. I would like to keep my costs as low as possible so was looking for some passive funds within the Zurich fund guide (located HERE) however I'm afraid of some hidden costs I'm not aware of. I asked the financial advisors that are handling our scheme but was not sure if they were recommending a fund for reasons other than altruistic. Some of the funds I was looking at were "Indexed Global Equity" or the "Dividend Growth Fund" mainly due to the the additional AMC being 0.

Thanks for any help.

Your Broker/Advisor is getting paid for queries such as this. You'd be best advised to ask them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

Your Broker/Advisor is getting paid for queries such as this. You'd be best advised to ask them.

Thanks. I asked the advisor but was just being paranoid about impartiality.

Advertisement