Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Pension for Landlords and First Time Buyer Scheme

• 15-06-2020 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My husband and I have been saving to buy a house and we were hoping to divide it into two houses and rent it. 
    1-If our only income is property income, is the PRSI that we are paying relevant for the state pension?

2-And if we decide not to live there permanently, we won't be able to avail of the First Time buyer scheme, correct? We are interested in the non-resident status.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

maria.luis wrote: »
    1-If our only income is property income, is the PRSI that we are paying relevant for the state pension?

Assuming you are paying Class S (4%) PRSI, the answer is yes. You'll see 'State Pension (Contributory)' listed in the benefits at the link below. Minimum contribution in 2020 is €500.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/6e5b2e-prsi-class-s-rates/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maria.luis

Thanks coylemj. So, even if I move to another country, if I continue paying my PRSI, I can count on the state pension.

Do you know how does it work for couples? The house belongs to both of us so will we both get the pension?

Advertisement