Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's football club insurance cover

• 15-06-2020 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My 9 year old is a member of a local football club. We pay monthly membership fee €90.
    At some point at the end of the last year we were approached to pay extra amount to cover children's insurance.
    When asked about details of the insurance the club's management gave some vague answer and promised to email us the details of what are we paying for.
    However six months later we still weren't given that info, and now when asking about that I was told that this is clubs private data and it won't be disclosed to just anyone.
    So my son has been training there the last 2 years, I am paying in extent of 1k per year and I am refused basic information on the clubs insurance policy?
    And to top it all they have been travelling abroad with the group of minors, yet no insurance details to be disclosed?
    Are they allowed to do that? Is there a way to check that at all? Should I report it somewhere?
    Thank you for all suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

There is no obligation on the club to disclose to anyone the details of their insurance policy. If you don't like it or think they are ripping you off then don't pay it and let your child play at a different club.

Public liability insurance is massively expensive when it comes to sporting activities and kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dara_Hazer

Thank you, we are working on moving to different club, as there was more - lets call it unpleasant - circumstances.
    I am trying to get refund for training that club failed to provide, and at the same time I would like to see any proof that money paid for insurance were actually spent as declared, or else I would like that returned as well.
    So far club ignores emails sent to their official mail box and refuses to reply as a management - but I have received private message from one of the club staff telling me they are not going to give me any info as that is club's private documentation and they do not disclose it to just anyone.
    So basically I am asked to pay up and do not ask questions.
    I don't know if its just me being touchy or something's not right here?
    Is there something under consumer rights I could call upon?
    And again can I ask any relevant body for intervention?

Advertisement