Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is an online King's College University MSc in Marketing worth it?

• 15-06-2020 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I received an offer from this well-respected UK university. I have great interest in the realm of marketing, coupled with an interest in electronic medical records (EMRs), and using public health's principles to market. I am a nurse that's been itching for career diversification for a while now. I also have had experience in volunteering as a public relation officer, though I know they are not synonymous by any means.

I worry that a marketing degree will be in vain, considering how fast it evolves, especially in the digital world. I wonder then is it wiser to build up my experience and portfolio, as opposed to draining my finances on a possibly impractical degree. On the flip side, connections made in this university could prove helpful -- though how helpful a distance-learning programme is remains to be seen.

I have already talked to the university's admissions team, various family-friends with marketing experience as well as reading articles around this issue. I would really appreciate your help too!

Advertisement