Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Duffy, International Man of Misery, sez Farewell to Fungus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will Friday be a pre-recorded show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is FF and FG going in to government up there with Celtic and Rangers merging?
    Cel-Gers FC ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

He doesn't even care when Fungus is retiring.

"I'm over 60 at the moment Joe"
    You're a young man, caller ;)

Fungus’ last day Friday. Sure if today were his last we’d be hearing loadsa recordings of de music so to speak, and tons of clips of him doing dis an dat, and all de RTÉ luvvies phoning in. It would take up de entire show. No way would he be slipping out quietly. He’s just prepping us for Froightful Froyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

bigroad wrote: »
    He doesn't even care when Fungus is retiring.

That's just Joe setting the scene.

M

D'Arcy going to McDonalds, the world has gone mad.

No caller, it will be a celebration of Fungus’ wurkin loife, but there will indeed by a generous amount of pre-recordings. Could be some Gold in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭golondrinas

furiousox wrote: »
    Sunny Lane was

I have a niece named Tara Lane. Jaysus we gave her some hardship growing up. Is that wrasist now like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Red Fred

D'Arcy going to McDonalds, the world has gone mad.

Probably to preach about the evils of fast food and to hand out free porridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

A box of Krispy Krem donuts and a few bottles of Lidl Bucks Fizz in the office after work like the rest of us when a colleague retires.

If there's a dedicated on air show to a member of staff when leaving....is it any wonder this country is in the state it is.

Spending money like buttons.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    A box of Krispy Krem donuts and a few bottles of Lidl Bucks Fizz in the office after work like the rest of us when a colleague retires.

If there's a dedicated on air show to a member of staff when leaving....is it any wonder this country is in the state it is.

Spending money like buttons.

There won’t be much social distancing in McCoy’s.

NK would normally be hosting a big party too-remember all the “stars” who got Covid at it early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

BPKS wrote: »
    This fella is over 70 and lonely I reckon.

He's probably used to spending his days telling stories to anybody who will listen (in the pub, in the shop, in the café, in the GAA club). Since the lockdown he hasn't had a chance to do it and decided to ring Joe.

He would fit right in with most of the frequent posters to this thread.

Shouldn't be a problem once people hear that Duffy will be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a problem once people hear that Duffy will be there.

Or Brian Scan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Brian Scan wrote: »

The bleedin' cheek-a-ya ;-)....I'll have you know, frequent poster or nay, I'm the right side of 70, and not a wrinkle in sight !

Brian Scan wrote: »

Joe would be very disappointed at you generalising like that, as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Joe would be very disappointed at you generalising like that, as they say.

That would make me very happy.

• Advertisement
    M

De olden days so to speak, The Birthday Roller at 2 minutes seems to go on forever and a 2nd helping at 33 minutes, keeps the chisslers watching, a simpler time :D ...

Caught a 2nd dose of pregnancy that was going around at the time.
    Did they ever discover what was causing all the pregnancies?
    Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Tripped over it, so to speak.

Worse than any virus.

Incredible story Sharden !!

A popular name in Roscommon in the 60s
    2smiggy wrote: »
    Joe may as well jump in the jag now, and let her ramble away till 3pm

I had the pleasure of being at the starting of a Jaguar in Tipperary at the weekend. Blow out the cobwebs and all that. E Type 4.2 litre straight 6. The roar took me back to my Honda CB X days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Del.Monte wrote: »
    We get a government, keep the Shinners out and Fianna Fail are finished - it's win, win from where I'm sitting. :D

Leo will be delighted to get your backing.

And yet there are still people who think FG are a backward lickspittle Brit party? 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I had the pleasure of being at the starting of a Jaguar in Tipperary at the weekend. Blow out the cobwebs and all that. E Type 4.2 litre straight 6. The roar took me back to my Honda CB X days

But for a slight accident of no money and space to keep it, I'd have had one in 1975, when big cars were being virtually given away. If things had been different, I'd have taken it and kept it until now, if I could.
    Same in 1978, had to turn down an Interceptor for peanuts.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

But for a slight accident of no money and space to keep it, I'd have had one in 1975, when big cars were being virtually given away. If things had been different, I'd have taken it and kept it until now, if I could.
    Same in 1978, had to turn down an Interceptor for peanuts.
    On the other end of the scale. I know a lad who built himself a big hanger (( during the mad boom) then went and bought himself a helicopter to put in it. Was taking lessons but like any kid with a toy couldn't resist fiddling with it . Anyways he rotated the blades too much and up she went and hopped off the ceiling. When he went to get it repaired the accident investigation crowd were down on him like a ton of bricks. Several hundred grand down the swanney.

• Advertisement

Get this snottery auld fool off the air, he's fecking disgusting.
    On the other end of the scale. I know a lad who built himself a big hanger (( during the mad boom) then went and bought himself a helicopter to put in it. Was taking lessons but like any kid with a toy couldn't resist fiddling with it . Anyways he rotated the blades too much and up she went and hopped off the ceiling. When he went to get it repaired the accident investigation crowd were down on him like a ton of bricks. Several hundred grand down the swanney.

Wat colour was de helicopter?

Beige metallic.

I was so aghast at the wanton waste I forgot to ask.!! Me driving around in a lovely car that no-one would give a second glance to. Den wos the times --.mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Get that tiger lad on de radio now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

1) The Big Fella, death
    2) Gerry the Vanny, death, died from been hank marvin
    3) sixth class back - teachers cannot be arsed going back

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

"When the good times come again", or as they call it in RTE "Yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever after".

POSSIBLY (but unlikely to be) on twodaze show:

From Ronan Collins to Michael Collins....smooth. His death has been dominating the debate since de coalition was announced. I personally haven't discussed anything else.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is it de end of de Civil War? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Clip from Gerry De Vanny from yesterday.

6th class pupils should come back so de childers can see de teachers who day love. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As a teenager always wanted an E-Type!

Anudder painting done, so to speak. Rosapenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Are we going to get an Aonghus tribute show before Friday?

PS - Was the bauld Aonghus one of Bosco's minnions back in the day?

It will be this Froightful Froyday, de whole show.
    Wasn’t paying attention back in de day, but Aonghus did work on kiddies TV. No doubt Bosco encountered him.

Don't remember him on Bosco, but he fronted "Anything Goes" for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

So this year so far there will have been 3 topics broadcast on national media purely because of the hosts relationship with the people in question: Syl Fox, Ivor Callaly and soon a retiring producer. I'm not going to include Gleeson or the american one as I think they were just incidental. I couldnt count the people who let slip that their family are connected to ballyfermot or Joe's own family in some oblique way.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    So this year so far there will have been 3 topics broadcast on national media purely because of the hosts relationship with the people in question: Syl Fox, Ivor Callaly and soon a retiring producer. I'm not going to include Gleeson or the american one as I think they were just incidental. I couldnt count the people who let slip that their family are connected to ballyfermot or Joe's own family in some oblique way.

Even when Joe was starting out as a minion to Gaybo, he was at that. He did an outside broadcast outside a house where a relative was being evicted, telling de wurrld how unjust it was.

Don't remember him on Bosco, but he fronted "Anything Goes" for a while.

Even when Joe was starting out as a minion to Gaybo, he was at that. He did an outside broadcast outside a house where a relative was being evicted, telling de wurrld how unjust it was.

No conflict of interest there at all at all so to speak as they say.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Aonghus left bosco after been caught peeing in a plant in his office.

Or maybe I’m mixing him up with a different producer.

I took a couple of chopper lessons, they are tricky and require extreme finesse in handling. Could have hacked it with the right amount of money and of course with the correct eyesight & medical requirements. During the atifer far too many people bought and wrecked helicopters, commonly hitting the boom by trying to manoeuvre in spaces far too tight. And even then very many people couldn’t afford to run anything bigger than a Robinson 22, the most tricky little chopper to fly in the world. Choppers are really really good fun to fly if you are suited to it, and very many people simply do not have the care and finesse required to operate them. They are all about what you don’t do, and how you respond to temain master of the controls. You literally fly them with your fingertips and your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Dr Ebun headin for the Seanad mark my words.. I wouldn't put it past them

As a teenager always wanted an E-Type!

I'm on my 50s and I want one.

Oh FFS. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

O'Riordan makes me sick. If having people of different races was such a big deal for him why didn't he step aside at the last election and let somebody else from a minority group run for his part? in fact how is he happy to sit in the place if looking around at all those white men gives him such a problem. Surely he is part of the problem then?

Suggesting putting a few different faces in the Seanad is the ideal solution for him - he gets to virtue signal to everybody and give a pious speech in front of the nation, and it's no skin off his nose as it doesnt affect him or his wages at all.

A health warning as we call it in the broadcasting world.

Retired guard.

BINGO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Oho!.......durty talk to start with?

• Advertisement

A health warning as we call it in the broadcasting world.

He threw in a "so to speak" at the end too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement