Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally..... the long-awaited new BOI mobile app is here

• 15-06-2020 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭

If you’re trying it on a tablet, have your mobile phone close by as they send a code via SMS to verify you.

No major new features that I can see.

First bug discovered... I can’t exit using the ‘back’ button.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

coylemj wrote: »
    If you’re trying it on a tablet, have your mobile phone close by as they send a code via SMS to verify you.

No major new features that I can see.

First bug discovered... I can’t exit using the ‘back’ button.

No sign of it here for me. iOS tablet or Android phone.

Not expecting much either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

Great. I literally just installed it yesterday out of necessity after years of avoiding the garbage fires that were the previous versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

adox wrote: »
    No sign of it here for me. iOS tablet or Android phone.

Can’t see any update in the iTunes App Store and no sign of a new version for Android tablet either.

Incredibly, the iTunes app ‘Bank of Ireland Tablet Banking’ was last updated three years ago.

On my Android phone, I have to go into ‘Profile’ and tap ‘log out’ in order to exit the app using the ‘back’ button.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

New app appeated today.

Asked me to re register but they are having a problem sending me the code by text - despite never having a problem the last 20 years :(

Off to call the migration team tomorrow when they re open at 9am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

The new app is awful. Sure it has a few more features but looks awful, has no fingerprint option and of course no Apple/Google Pay support.

They are so far behind the competition and don’t look like catching up anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I'm very disappointed with it. It was made out to be a huge step forward for them with 50% more functionality. All I can see is that you can set Up a standing order on it now....
    Direct debit cancellations etc just send a message through to a human to action so it's no real time cancellation.....hardly cutting edge of fintech.
    And no fingerprint? What were they thinking when they designed it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭touts

It's slow and buggy. takes about 4-5 times longer to load each screen and a few times it just crashed on me.

It looks like something from 2015 which may be a 10 year advancement on the old one but is still outdated. Have yet to find any new features even though they say there are some.

And no Google Pay or Apple pay so still behind the tech most other banks rolled out 3 years ago.

It's at best a sidewise move and given the performance issues it is more backward. This is a very worrying sign as this is the app they probably expect us to put up with for the next 5+ years.

I've avoided moving banks because the hassle of updating all the direct debits etc (I know it's supposed to be straightforward but I've heard some horror stories from friends). But it is feeling more and more like BOI just want to get rid of as many customers as possible.

Advertisement