Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party betrayal?

Options
  • 15-06-2020 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Are the Greens betraying their climate conscious voters by propping up a Fine Fail government.

Is power more important to the Eamon Ryan & co than the climate?

Discuss!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A party not in power is a talking shop. The Greens should be in government if they have the opportunity to be so.

Would you prefer to be in opposition voting against policies or in power framing them?

Sell out talk is for students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Springy Turf

OP, Have you seen the programme for government?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Stewball wrote: »
    Are the Greens betraying their climate conscious voters by propping up a Fine Fail government.

Is power more important to the Eamon Ryan & co than the climate?

Discuss!

Never mind the Green Party what about Meehole Martin and FF's betrayal? That guy would sell his granny for power. the clips of him stating categorically that there will be no grand coalition during the election campaign and then doing a complete 360 is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

If you want to effect change you need to be in government. The Greens have no other way to be in government except to prop up a FF or FG government.

They could of course just be pretend politicians like PBP and sit on the sidelines and throw muck in the knowledge that they'll never actually have to make a proper decision in their whole pretend political life.

I'm not overly fond of the Greens but at least they're willing to put themselves ito the firing line

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Never mind the Green Party what about Meehole Martin and FF's betrayal? That guy would sell his granny for power. the clips of him stating categorically that there will be no grand coalition during the election campaign and then doing a complete 360 is embarrassing.

Half a 360 actually, a complete 180, if he did a 360 he'd be right back where he started looking in the same direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

A party not in power is a talking shop. The Greens should be in government if they have the opportunity to be so.

Although they don't put it in so many words, that's effectively what they tell voters. They've never expressed regret for going in with FF before, even though it led to their wipeout at the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Well PBP, Soc Dems, SF etc didnt "sell" out so they have five years talking ****e about make believe policies that no one will pay any attention to

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stewball wrote: »
    Discuss!
    I won't do what you tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

"a complete 360" means he is going in the same direction as he was during the election campaign..

I suppose you mean he has done a complete 180.

If anyone believe anything a politician says, you (and the majority of the population deserve what they get) which is being taxed into the grave.

It's a complete F-you to the people who voted.

I sincerely hope the recession is so bad that the parties in power are decimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Stewball

biko wrote: »
    I won't do what you tell me.

Rage Against The Machine fan?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'll never understand the fetish some Irish people/parties have for not being in power. Helps them maintain their ideological purity I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Betrayal?

More like a Green Party wet dream because they got just about everything they were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I'll never understand the fetish some Irish people/parties have for not being in power. Helps them maintain their ideological purity I guess.

Maybe politicians should just make less grandstanding statements.

Maybe some honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Podge_irl wrote: »

Thet get to feed from the trough without the responsibility of filling it.

Advertisement