Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotunda - father to be

Options
  • 15-06-2020 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Wife is due a C section late July and wondering if I’ll be able to attend at all? I think I’ve seen fathers are allowed in for c-section and then have to leave.

If she is going to be in there for maybe 4 days I was hoping to at worst bring some snacks and bits of comfort things, is that possible? Will a porter take stuff at the entrance bring up for her?

Do you reckon any chance restrictions will be eased slightly in 6 weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Obv we don’t know how they’re going to reconfigure phases three and four of the roadmap for lifting restrictions, but originally normal hospital visiting was to resume in phase 5, theres no phase 5 now, so I would think there will be some level of hospital visiting allowed by phase 4, which is I think July 20th?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

We had a baby in the Rotunda 3 weeks ago - not by C section. I was allowed in for the birth and a few hours afterwards, that was it. No further visiting was allowed.

As mentioned above, theres a good chance these will be eased by then.

Advertisement