Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Mary Lou be a good leader of the opposition or?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

KevRossi wrote: »
    To quote herself.. " the demographics will sort it out".

Classic..

"So, Mary Lou, there is a pension timebomb ticking away, how do we address it?"

"The demographics will sort themselves out"
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SF are economically illiterate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

markodaly wrote: »
    Classic..

"So, Mary Lou, there is a pension timebomb ticking away, how do we address it?"

"The demographics will sort themselves out"
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SF are economically illiterate.

I preferred the

What investment in electric car chargers will there be?

'Massive'

What figures are we talking?

Massive investment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Patser wrote: »
    I preferred the

'Massive'

Massive investment

Electric cars aren’t good for diesel. If you catch my drift.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Patser wrote: »
    I preferred the

'Massive'

Massive investment

It along the lines of

Mary Lou how many houses will SF build?
    Loads

How will you fix the HSE?
    Give them loads of money

Where will the money come from?
    Rich people

What will you do with social welfare?
    Give them more Money

Where will the money come from?
    Rich people

What will you do about the environment?
    The what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Mary Lou McDonaldtrump.

Her failure to help the authorities and name IRA rapists leave a very large Achilles Heel exposed.

She cannot be held seriously on the matters of Women's and Childrens rights until she helps to lock up those filthy IRA child molesters and rapists.

Why is she silent on this?
    An objective view could be that she is beholden to dangerous men behind closed doors.

Sold her soul to the devil early on. Now just a meat puppet on a stick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She is an abale politician, no doubt about that.

Should have stayed in FF, would probably have a few Minsterial portfolios under her belt by now and would have been in line for another one this time round.

She is leading a party with a few capable TDs but most of them are idiots, too much baggage from the past links with the RA as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

She is an abale politician, no doubt about that.

Should have stayed in FF, would probably have a few Minsterial portfolios under her belt by now and would have been in line for another one this time round.

She is leading a party with a few capable TDs but most of them are idiots, too much baggage from the past links with the RA as well.

You think the FF TDs are more capable than the SF TDs? Have you seen the FF front bench? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    You think the FF TDs are more capable than the SF TDs? Have you seen the FF front bench? Lol

Can’t be many FF TDs worse than anti-vaxxer scrounger Violet Anne Wynne and racist anti-Semite Riada Cronin.

Can’t be many FF TDs worse than anti-vaxxer scrounger Violet Anne Wynne and racist anti-Semite Riada Cronin.

I agree with you completely. The SF front bench is far superior to its FF counterpart though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Never said anything about the capabilities of FF, but seeing as you brought it up quite a few of them would be.

Apart from ML herself, Pearse Doherty and on a good day Brian Stanley the rest of them are off the wall.

• Advertisement

I agree with you completely. The SF front bench is far superior to its FF counterpart though.

If Mary Lou was Taoiseach tomorrow, name out her team of ministers....

Shefwedfan wrote: »

EOB - Housing
    Pearse Doherty - Finance
    Louise O'R - Health
    Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire - Education
    Martin Kenny - Agriculture

Matt Carthy, Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire, Chris Andrews, Brian Stanely are all very capable also. Rose Conway Walsh was great in the Seanad, she has plenty of potential.

What about your team of FF spoofers? Anne Rabbitte? Willie O'Dea? D'OB & Thomas Byrne? Yikes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i think its great to see all the absf people on here getting so agitated by MLMcD

EOB - Housing
    Pearse Doherty - Finance
    Louise O'R - Health

Matt Carthy, Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire, Chris Andrews, Brian Stanely are all very capable also. Rose Conway Walsh was great in the Seanad, she has plenty of potential.

What about your team of FF spoofers? Anne Rabbitte? Willie O'Dea? D'OB & Thomas Byrne? Yikes.....

Did I ask about FF?

Yikes is right. If the country is been run by that shower of idiots really it will be time to pack up and head for the hills.

Doherty in finance is best

Tell the truth now, how would you put any of them into those position with a straight face?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Answers on a post card please to S.F. H.Q. Falls rd Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

EOB - Housing
    Pearse Doherty - Finance
    Louise O'R - Health

Not sure capable is a word I would use anywhere near Louise O'Reilly. I shudder to imagine her as our MoH during this. She has been quite dreadful even as a spokesperson.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not sure capable is a word I would use anywhere near Louise O'Reilly. I shudder to imagine her as our MoH during this. She has been quite dreadful even as a spokesperson.

How is she any less 'capable' than SH was when he took the reins? At least she has a degree.. and a master's for that matter. I would welcome her as MoH.

How is she any less 'capable' than SH was when he took the reins? At least she has a degree.. and a master's for that matter. I would welcome her as MoH.

Fair bit of ould snobbery there.....degrees nor masters arent be all and end all

Fair bit of ould snobbery there.....degrees nor masters arent be all and end all

How is it snobbery? We're talking about a person's capacity to do a job, why wouldn't her education be relevant? Nobody said it was the be-all and end-all, it's merely an indicator.

Was Leo's MD relevant when he was the MoH? Is Paschal Donohoe's degree in Economics & Politics relevant to his position as MOF? I would believe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Using that logic would rule Pearse Doherty out of a finance ministry. Think the dude dropped out of a certificate in civil engineering from Letterkenny Institute of Technology.

• Advertisement

Yes who needs edumacation.....

At the end of the day it is useless :P

Looks like a Master in Equality. Not really much use for Minister for health?

TO be honest at this stage the HSE need someone with a Masters in business to try to reorganize the whole budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

How is it snobbery? We're talking about a person's capacity to do a job, why wouldn't her education be relevant? Nobody said it was the be-all and end-all, it's merely an indicator.

Was Leo's MD relevant when he was the MoH? Is Paschal Donohoe's degree in Economics & Politics relevant to his position as MOF? I would believe so.

What subject is her degree and masters in?

Seanie fitzpatrick has a degree in commerce from UCD(along with some acedemia work) and managed to bankrupt state,without ever getting near dept of finance

The country is full of people with mickey mouse buiness degrees,who sell weed without ever making money,a degree isnt a barometer nor indicator of sucess,from what i see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Its important to distinguish between education and intelligence.
    Stanley, Kenny, Carty are good operators regardless of their level of education.
    O Laoire is another bright spark as is Boylan. O Broin believes his own c.v. a bit too much

Seanie fitzpatrick has a degree in commerce from UCD(along with some acedemia work) and managed to bankrupt state,without ever getting near dept of finance

The country is full of people with mickey mouse buiness degrees,who sell weed without ever making money,a degree isnt a barometer nor indicator of sucess,from what i see

Country is also full of useless pr**ks who have barely a leaving cert and then spend their entire lives cry and complaining because they never got a “chance”.....

So what do you use to see a person potential for success?

Edgware wrote: »
    Its important to distinguish between education and intelligence.
    Stanley, Kenny, Carty are good operators regardless of their level of education.
    O Laoire is another bright spark as is Boylan. O Broin believes his own c.v. a bit too much

Good operators of what?

EOB - Housing
    Pearse Doherty - Finance
    Louise O'R - Health

And every one of them chose to join a party steeped in murder and thuggery. Pity you couldn't have included Jonathan Dowdall but of course he is in prison - in fairness for quite a mild round of torture by the usual Sinn Fein IRA standards.

Truthvader wrote: »
    And every one of them chose to join a party steeped in murder and thuggery. Pity you couldn't have included Jonathan Dowdall but of course he is in prison - in fairness for quite a mild round of torture by the usual Sinn Fein IRA standards.

Yes joining the party is something else

Apart from that they are absolutely useless. Thats a bigger issue. Even Mary Lou is aware of this and thats why they are hiding from government

• Advertisement

Yes joining the party is something else

Apart from that they are absolutely useless. Thats a bigger issue. Even Mary Lou is aware of this and thats why they are hiding from government

Disagree. I can find some policy to agree with in every party and can find policies and individuals of staggering stupidity in every party. In only one party do I find a willingness to excuse subhuman behaviour - and often the actual glorification of this behaviour. That finishes them for me. If you review the threads here you will see the only actual policy mentioned is the abolition of the Special Criminal Court . The same court that convicted "the lad with the pipe with a hole in it" and...... er Jonathan Dowdall. What other party would need the Special Criminal Court to convict their members. They simply do not share the same sense of decency as normal people

Advertisement