Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Mary Lou be a good leader of the opposition or?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Truthvader wrote: »
    Disagree. I can find some policy to agree with in every party and can find policies and individuals of staggering stupidity in every party. In only one party do I find a willingness to excuse subhuman behaviour - and often the actual glorification of this behaviour. That finishes them for me. If you review the threads here you will see the only actual policy mentioned is the abolition of the Special Criminal Court . The same court that convicted "the lad with the pipe with a hole in it" and...... er Jonathan Dowdall. What other party would need the Special Criminal Court to convict their members. They simply do not share the same sense of decency as normal people

Oh I would never vote for SF, as far as I am concerned they are bottom of the barrle. The whole party.

This is the sort of people they are: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8408259/Fury-Sinn-Fein-blocks-payments-victims-IRA-bombings.html

Plus in middle of article they want it funded by Westminster, then next min they are talking about a Unified Ireland.

Mary Lou and the whole lot of them dont actually know what side of her mouth she is talking out it. Everything is just lies.....

If this was any other party you would have all the little SF bunnies on here plastering this all over the forum. Not a whisper.

SF will NEVER change. The sooner people see that the better, let just hope they see it before we have to see them in government for a term because they damage will be incredible. I doubt Ireland would recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

wealthiest PP in ireland with there fifty odd house part funded by a big bank robbery direct by criminals around the border and belfast lead by a failed politician who wont know the truth from her elbow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Oh I would never vote for SF, as far as I am concerned they are bottom of the barrle. The whole party.

This is the sort of people they are: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8408259/Fury-Sinn-Fein-blocks-payments-victims-IRA-bombings.html

Plus in middle of article they want it funded by Westminster, then next min they are talking about a Unified Ireland.

Mary Lou and the whole lot of them dont actually know what side of her mouth she is talking out it. Everything is just lies.....

If this was any other party you would have all the little SF bunnies on here plastering this all over the forum. Not a whisper.

SF will NEVER change. The sooner people see that the better, let just hope they see it before we have to see them in government for a term because they damage will be incredible. I doubt Ireland would recover.

Must have squandered the money they stole from the Northern Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    How is she any less 'capable' than SH was when he took the reins? At least she has a degree.. and a master's for that matter. I would welcome her as MoH.
    I'm sure you would. I don't find her in any way capable. Harris came to attention very early and wanted Health. His record is mixed but he has been decent during this. He has ability, maybe not quite as much as he imagines but he'll do well in politics long term.
    Don't be seduced by I have a Master's. It doesn't necessarily make you any better. Some are worthwhile even practical, a lot are personal whims. It's what degrees used to be before people concluding that hanging out in college for longer and writing even longer pointless documents made them more employable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Must have squandered the money they stole from the Northern Bank

SF done the bank robbery? Not the RUC who had 50 grand of it in one of their leisure centres?

Theres proof of one and none of the other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

"what side of her mouth she is talking out of"

Are you sure its her mouth?

Edgware wrote: »
    "what side of her mouth she is talking out of"

Are you sure its her mouth?

I wouldn’t lower myself to the level of SF to say the exact orifice she is talking out of

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A senior member of SF’s backroom leadership team has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

She won't be effectual at all because what the two main parties are doing is out-lefting Sinn Fein.
    Migration, LGBT, Refugees, Hate Speech laws, you name it and the duopoly are happy to go further to the left on those issues than SF.

Its actually very amusing in that SF have placed all their eggs in the Progressive basket when FF/FG are quite happy to go down that road, leaving SF with almost nothing ideologically/policy wise that separates them from the big two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

maccored wrote: »
    SF done the bank robbery? Not the RUC who had 50 grand of it in one of their leisure centres?

Theres proof of one and none of the other

The RUC didn’t exist in 2004. I’ll call BS on this one.

• Advertisement

A senior member of SF’s backroom leadership team has died.

Yep the multiple murderer Bobby Storey. Mary Lou bigging him up now. No doubt we will hear what a champion of the peace process this grim thug was over the next couple of days because he agreed to stop murdering eventually.

Yep the multiple murderer Bobby Storey. Mary Lou bigging him up now. No doubt we will hear what a champion of the peace process this grim thug was over the next couple of days because he agreed to stop murdering eventually.

Another one who protected Freddie Scappaticci and his torture gang

Another one who protected Freddie Scappaticci and his torture gang

Now now. We know the routine by now. Francie will be along any minute to lead the choir.

"We all suffered in the conflict and while violence is unfortunate etc etc

Chorus

Whatabout whatabot whatabout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

In 2015 SF couldn't agree a budget as they knew cuts had to be made to welfare. They asked Westminster to take the reigns and handed power back to Westminster....

2018- SF launched a campaign about Tory Welfare cuts...

They call themselves a republican party after handing power back to Westminster.

I seen some prominent SF members taking part in extending sympathy to that Garda Shot in Castlerea while only 10 years ago were celebrating the release of Garda Killers.. They even ran the ex wife of one of these as a candidate and shamefully my Constituency elected her. She got started the relationship with him after he got sent down.

They are not fit to govern. I'm sure in opposition they will winge winge winge, after all they "won" the election.

I'd expect any changes to education will be opposed as their supporters think 24% is a majority, don't understand PRSTV or understand vote management.

piplip87 wrote: »
    In 2015 SF couldn't agree a budget as they knew cuts had to be made to welfare. They asked Westminster to take the reigns and handed power back to Westminster....

2018- SF launched a campaign about Tory Welfare cuts...

They call themselves a republican party after handing power back to Westminster.

I seen some prominent SF members taking part in extending sympathy to that Garda Shot in Castlerea while only 10 years ago were celebrating the release of Garda Killers.. They even ran the ex wife of one of these as a candidate and shamefully my Constituency elected her. She got started the relationship with him after he got sent down.

They are not fit to govern. I'm sure in opposition they will winge winge winge, after all they "won" the election.

I'd expect any changes to education will be opposed as their supporters think 24% is a majority, don't understand PRSTV or understand vote management.
    But but but , change change change

But but but , change change change

Yeah, whoever voted for them didnt really get much change did they?

Same bulls**t new day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

piplip87 wrote: »

This really bothers me, as it's as if the public don't know or don't care what happened just a few years ago....

If SF members celebrated the release of Garda Killers from jail "so what"? If SF supported IRA killers being released from jail "who cares"?

All Change seems to have a grip over at least one third of our population. So much so that no matter how corrupt or suspect SF really are, "we'll vote for them anyway" because they have promised "All Change" :(

This really bothers me, as it's as if the public don't know or don't care what happened just a few years ago....

If SF members celebrated the release of Garda Killers from jail "so what"? If SF supported IRA killers being released from jail "who cares"?

All Change seems to have a grip over at least one third of our population. So much so that no matter how corrupt or suspect SF really are, "we'll vote for them anyway" because they have promised "All Change" :(

oh dear. 'SF arent behaving like my incredibly one tracked, sterotyped mind insists they should!!'

oh dear. 'SF arent behaving like my incredibly one tracked, sterotyped mind insists they should!!'

You have the core SF voters who have no problem with the sort of people SF are.....

Then you have the new people who just seemed to vote to pi** off the rest of the parties, will they ignore s**t like the below going forward will be interesting to see,. One this is for sure, SF are behaving exactly like they always have done. That's why a huge percentage of the country wants nothing to do with them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8408259/Fury-Sinn-Fein-blocks-payments-victims-IRA-bombings.html

https://extra.ie/2020/04/16/news/politics/violet-anne-wynne-facebook-comments

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-s-david-cullinane-defends-shouting-up-the-ra-after-election-1.4168791

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51407812

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

You have the core SF voters who have no problem with the sort of people SF are.....

Then you have the new people who just seemed to vote to pi** off the rest of the parties, will they ignore s**t like the below going forward will be interesting to see,. One this is for sure, SF are behaving exactly like they always have done. That's why a huge percentage of the country wants nothing to do with them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8408259/Fury-Sinn-Fein-blocks-payments-victims-IRA-bombings.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-s-david-cullinane-defends-shouting-up-the-ra-after-election-1.4168791

More people wanted them than Fine Gael, That must hurt

• Advertisement

I dont support FG....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I dont support FG....

More people want SF than all parties apart from 1.

But of course you saying a large proportion do not want them. You can say that about them all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The increased SF support at the GE was just a protest vote and certainly doesn't mean that SF would retain that. Otherwise SF would have seen the gains coming and run enough candidates. Otherwise it's difficult to see how they can get candidates like violet Ann reelected now that voters know what she is like.

If there was another election now then FG would make huge gains based on performance over the last few months. Those fleeting SF votes will be now be more concerned with the economy and jobs, so who will entrust that to a party that is only focused on promising free money rather than parties that have a record.

More people want SF than all parties apart from 1.

But of course you saying a large proportion do not want them. You can say that about them all

The general election was a revolt vote. It was said at the time and hasn't changed today

If another election does come around will people do the same thing? who knows! They didnt get very far with the revolt did they? not much "change" delivered

Maybe this time the revolt will mean they just pick whatever independent candidate in their area. In that situation lets see what SF results are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

when SF got their 24% we were flying high, the boom was back etc

Its a very different landscape now and I'd say Mary Lou is content to remain a hurler on the ditch for now.

when SF got their 24% we were flying high, the boom was back etc

Its a very different landscape now and I'd say Mary Lou is content to remain a hurler on the ditch for now.

Another election and the likes of Violet Anne I would be surprised if she got back in. But you never know. Slagging off people on facebook was all good when she was sitting on a nice government job for 5 years, what would she say when told that pay cheque is gone and she needs to go back around the people she was slagging off on facebook? :P

The increased SF support at the GE was just a protest vote and certainly doesn't mean that SF would retain that. Otherwise SF would have seen the gains coming and run enough candidates. Otherwise it's difficult to see how they can get candidates like violet Ann reelected now that voters know what she is like.

If there was another election now then FG would make huge gains based on performance over the last few months. Those fleeting SF votes will be now be more concerned with the economy and jobs, so who will entrust that to a party that is only focused on promising free money rather than parties that have a record.

come off it. you know well sf's rise over the past few years has been greeted by the likes of yourself as a one off or a protest vote. Time has proved you wrong at this stage

more butthurt - thats all your showing me there

come off it. you know well sf's rise over the past few years has been greeted by the likes of yourself as a one off or a protest vote. Time has proved you wrong at this stage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Irish_local_elections

What rise is this?

Even SF thought they would get a hammering in general election and thats why they reduced the number of TD's to try and guarantee seats. Even Mary Lou wouldnt let anyone else run with her in Dublin Central.

• Advertisement

more butthurt - thats all your showing me there

Because stealing murder and thuggery are such a hoot.

Advertisement