Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Mary Lou be a good leader of the opposition or?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Truthvader wrote: »
    Because stealing murder and thuggery are such a hoot.

Not entirely limited to any particular political group tbh, Weren't the Krays devoted supporters of Maggie over in the UK???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Because stealing murder and thuggery are such a hoot.

no - because SF arent out stealing murder (whatever that means) or engaging in thuggery. Talking ****e seems to be such a hoot around here.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Irish_local_elections

What rise is this?

Even SF thought they would get a hammering in general election and thats why they reduced the number of TD's to try and guarantee seats. Even Mary Lou wouldnt let anyone else run with her in Dublin Central.

eh? what rise is this? havent you noticed the number of TDs they've been steadily electing over the past 20 years??? You have those blinkers on pretty tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

maccored wrote: »
    eh? what rise is this? havent you noticed the number of TDs they've been steadily electing over the past 20 years??? You have those blinkers on pretty tight.

So you disregard the local elections when SF got a hammering?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Leos non stop attack on Sinn Fein was part of the reason SF received all the votes they did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

come off it. you know well sf's rise over the past few years has been greeted by the likes of yourself as a one off or a protest vote. Time has proved you wrong at this stage

Was there a rise in support for SF in the 2019 European and Local elections? I thought they dropped 2 seats and 78 seats respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

no - because SF arent out stealing murder (whatever that means) or engaging in thuggery. Talking ****e seems to be such a hoot around here.

Eh...so....... Why is Mary Lou out professing her deep sadness for her hero, Sinn Fein "key member" killer and all round thug Bobby Storey?

Two people died in the last couple of days; Colm Horkan and Bobby Storey. Only one was a patriot to any normal person

The other was a Sinn Fein killer, thief and organiser of kneecappings and maiming of children for 30 years. Colm Horkan did more good for this Country in the last 12 hours of his life than Bobby Storey did in his entire cruel existence.

And you still don't "get" why no-one will have anything to do with Sinn Fein or Mary Lou and the "committed Republicans" pushing her buttons

bladespin wrote: »
    Not entirely limited to any particular political group tbh, Weren't the Krays devoted supporters of Maggie over in the UK???

Don't think Maggie appointed them to the cabinet or had them as key backroom advisors - though to be fair when it comes to Maggie .........

Leos non stop attack on Sinn Fein was part of the reason SF received all the votes they did.

So what has leo got to do with SF locak election results?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Eh...so....... Why is Mary Lou out professing her deep sadness for her hero, Sinn Fein "key member" killer and all round thug Bobby Storey?

Two people died in the last couple of days; Colm Horkan and Bobby Storey. Only one was a patriot to any normal person

The other was a Sinn Fein killer, thief and organiser of kneecappings and maiming of children for 30 years. Colm Horkan did more good for this Country in the last 12 hours of his life than Bobby Storey did in his entire cruel existence.

And you still don't "get" why no-one will have anything to do with Sinn Fein or Mary Lou and the "committed Republicans" pushing her buttons

This has really bugged me.

However, there was one thing I noticed. There wasn't a single politician outside of Sinn Fein who had a good word to say about Bobby Storey.

It seems they were all following the old Irish proverb of not speaking ill of the dead, but being unable to find anything else to say about him, they said nothing. I am not bound by their convention, and he was one of the most evil men to have stalked this island, and I include the likes of Larry Murphy in that.

The tributes being made by Sinn Fein are nauseating to the victims of the IRA and are only adding to the hurt. So much for the so-called healing process.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    This has really bugged me.

However, there was one thing I noticed. There wasn't a single politician outside of Sinn Fein who had a good word to say about Bobby Storey.

It seems they were all following the old Irish proverb of not speaking ill of the dead, but being unable to find anything else to say about him, they said nothing. I am not bound by their convention, and he was one of the most evil men to have stalked this island, and I include the likes of Larry Murphy in that.

The tributes being made by Sinn Fein are nauseating to the victims of the IRA and are only adding to the hurt. So much for the so-called healing process.

Well bloke arrested out in Blancharstown for dafacing the book of condolences so there are people out there with the same skill set to replace Bobby. Although to be fair the lad in Blanch hasn't actually killed a Guard yet but I suppose they could train him up.

Interestingly the media are also being very evonomic indeed in the coverage of Bobby's sick history. Wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I see she had come out and said she will try form a government if the deal doesn't go through.

I have no words.

I see she had come out and said she will try form a government if the deal doesn't go through.

I have no words.

That is hilarious. Will she blame FF and FG again for her inevitable second failure to form a government, I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

That is hilarious. Will she blame FF and FG again for her inevitable second failure to form a government, I wonder.

If she's gunning for leader of the opposition then she would have to really, good soundbites etc.

they lost local seats in a local election - they also gained 30 something odd TDs in national elections. If thats failing to you then jaysus - says alot

so thats 'stealing murder'? what in gods name are you on about?

they lost local seats in a local election - they also gained 30 something odd TDs in national elections. If thats failing to you then jaysus - says alot

They went from 22 Dáil seats to 37 Dáil seats. A gain of 15. They didn’t gain ‘30 something odd TDs’.

so thats 'stealing murder'? what in gods name are you on about?

Well excuse me all over the place it appears I forgot a comma

"Stealing" is taking something that is not yours. "Murder" is killing someone

A good example of both would be the Bank robbery in Adare in which your heroes managed both. As regards the hero of the moment "Kevin McGuigan" is one name that comes to mind, though as the controller of Stakeknife he is responsible for so many more. The Northern Bank robbery of is another good example of stealing

But sure whatever the lads are entitled to do whatever they want and the deaths are "regrettable" or "unintended" or "unauthorised" or whatever

25% is a majority
    And now gaining 30 seats

I think you will find it was 50% of the seats you mention.

One of the few parties to be on the upward curve is the Greens over the last few elections local and national

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I see SF appealing to the permanent job-seekers today. 200 quid for a mad weekend and immune from the rise in taxes this will cost in the long run. Its almost like their preparing for another election. Its definitely an attempt to get those who cant be arsed voting to vote for them. What a better way than 200 quid for booze.

• Advertisement

piplip87 wrote: »
    I see SF appealing to the permanent job-seekers today. 200 quid for a mad weekend and immune from the rise in taxes this will cost in the long run. Its almost like their preparing for another election. Its definitely an attempt to get those who cant be arsed voting to vote for them. What a better way than 200 quid for booze.

You dont want to have a job in a SF led government......

You dont want to have a job in a SF led government......

Or spill someones pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Wagon central now on This Week on Politics on RTE News channel. Gods, could this be our next leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's the dream position for any opposition leader; a precariously positioned partisan partnership presiding over an unprecedented pandemic - pandemonium.

Thats some fine alliteration there !!!

Advertisement