Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Bins in Apartments

Options
  • 15-06-2020 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

I live in a small apartment building and we a bin bag collection to dispose of refuse. I only found out recently that homes in Dublin are meant to use brown bins to dispose of their waste. I've never seen that option offered to us.

Do other apartment dwellers use brown bins?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I heard this is a problem in some apartment complexes and it ends up with people throwing brown waste in with their recycling, the recycling then gets contaminated and cant be recycled, instead it then has to be sent to landfill anyway.

You'll have to contact the directors of the owners management company to get it changed so people can recycle properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

We buy bags for regular waste and recycling, with no option for brown waste. We keep our kitchen waste in a container in the freezer, and take it to a friend’s brown bin every few weeks. There is no storage for any waste in our building, we drop our bag out the morning of collection. I think this is the case for a lot of smaller apartment buildings, particularly in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

I would never keep a brown bin in an apartment.

They attract mice like flies to ****.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

My apartment block got them in last year.
    2 brown bins in each set of bin stores.
    We're with Greenstar.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement