Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuji bicycles

Options
  • 15-06-2020 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a hybrid. Don't have a bicycle now, not sure about waiting another 5 or 6 weeks for new 2021 range. Summer will be gone!

I know bicycles are quite scarce at the moment. I've read on this forum the reasons for it.

I found a Fuji Traverse 1.5 hybrid. Never heard of Fuji bikes before today.

Can't really find any reviews for it, maybe that's telling?

2 questions if you could help:

1. Is a 21" frame ok for 5ft 10"?
    2. Thoughts on the bike or manufacturer?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,994 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

More Music wrote: »
    ... Never heard of Fuji bikes before today....
    Fuji are a very large bicycle manufacturer and very popular in the US. I had a Fuji carbon road bike and put up 63,000kms on it. Couldn't really fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭secman

Is your Fuji gone WA ?

Just had a quick look at the 2020 model. You could do better for the money tbh assuming you are paying around 600?

Nothing wrong with Fuji as a brand far from it, but that model has front suspension which you likely don't need and will add weight to the bike and mechanical discs. You could get hydraulic discs in some models in that price range for example one of the boardmans in halfords comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,994 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

secman wrote: »
    Is your Fuji gone WA ?
    Yes - since last year. I left it into my LBS for something routine and the mechanic spotted a hairline crack running under the top bar. He said it could 'go' any minute!

I stripped the components and gave the frame to a clubmate who wished to 'experiment' on it. In fairness, it owed me nothing and I did some of my biggest rides on it. (Ironically, I bought it as a temporary bike after writing off previous bike).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭secman

Yes - since last year. I left it into my LBS for something routine and the mechanic spotted a hairline crack running under the top bar. He said it could 'go' any minute!

I stripped the components and gave the frame to a clubmate who wished to 'experiment' on it. In fairness, it owed me nothing and I did some of my biggest rides on it. (Ironically, I bought it as a temporary bike after writing off previous bike).

Never dawns on me to inspect the carbon bikes :( , im sure you had mixed feelings, lucky it was spotted but sad to see it go, owed you nothing though !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Nimil

Got a Fuji Mountain bike back around 2012. Can't remember the model now, but it was a grand bike. Very few problems with maintenance, mostly decent spec for the price. 8 Years is a lot of time for a business to change, but fwiw they have my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Al Wright

Link to attached thread on CTC website provides information on the modern Fuji brand:
    https://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=138256&p=1493861&hilit=fuji#p1493861

Opinion there is that the quality of brand is fine and value for money.

Advertisement