If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 75"

Options
  • 15-06-2020 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

I'm looking at ordering this model and I wanted to ask if it's in stock firstly and if you would recommend it over it's LG and Samsung counterparts. I like the Dolby Vision and Ambilight functions but I have an edge lit 65" LG 6500 series at the moment and the white bars or ghosting (whatever its called) are terrible. So I'm looking to avoid that as much as possible.

I have an OLED I got from you elsewhere so this is just a sitting room jobbie, I'm looking at around the €1000 mark.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Xithus wrote: »
    Hey all.

I'm looking at ordering this model and I wanted to ask if it's in stock firstly and if you would recommend it over it's LG and Samsung counterparts. I like the Dolby Vision and Ambilight functions but I have an edge lit 65" LG 6500 series at the moment and the white bars or ghosting (whatever its called) are terrible. So I'm looking to avoid that as much as possible.

I have an OLED I got from you elsewhere so this is just a sitting room jobbie, I'm looking at around the €1000 mark.
    Hi Xithus.

Thanks for the post.

The 75PUS6754 at 999 Euro is a lot of TV for the money :D

It will be really hard to compare any TV to your current OLED for picture quality.

You could also check out the LG 75UM7050 coming in at 969 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204661-lg-75um7050pla-75-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Or maybe even the Samsung 75TU7000T retasiling at 941 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204560-samsung-ue75tu7000-new-t-series-75-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I think I’ll stick with the Philips, I suspect the difference between them is minimal so I’ll be happy with the Dolby Vision at least. What’s the price best you can do for me on that and the compatible wall mount for it, with delivery to Cavan? Thanks ðŸ™

I think I’ll stick with the Philips, I suspect the difference between them is minimal so I’ll be happy with the Dolby Vision at least. What’s the price best you can do for me on that and the compatible wall mount for it, with delivery to Cavan? Thanks ðŸ™
    Hi Xithus.

The best price on the 75PUS6754 would be the web listed 999 Euro.
    As it really is a lot of TV for the money.

For Flat mount the is the Sanus VLL5 I could offer at 50 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12678-sanus-vll5-slim-flat-bracket-42-90-inch-fixed-tv-bracket.aspx

For a full motion there is the Sanus BLF213 which I could offer at 130 Euro.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202745-sanus-blf213-b1-cantilever-40-84-inch-cantilever-tv-bracket.aspx

If you are happy to proceed drop me over your contact number in a PM and I can give you a shout for details.

Kenny.

PM Sent, thanks.

(Edit) The €50 one will suffice, ðŸ‘

PM Sent, thanks.

(Edit) The €50 one will suffice, ðŸ‘
    Cheers Xithus.

I will revert back ASAP.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

TV arrived and all setup. The picture quality is fantastic considering the price and it has none of the banding the LG 6500 series had, very pleased. Thanks. If anyone else reads this and is considering the model, the smart OS is woeful, so get an Apple TV or Shield. But the sound and picture quality is excellent.

TV arrived and all setup. The picture quality is fantastic considering the price and it has none of the banding the LG 6500 series had, very pleased. Thanks. If anyone else reads this and is considering the model, the smart OS is woeful, so get an Apple TV or Shield. But the sound and picture quality is excellent.
    Hey Xithus.

Thanks for letting us know and that you are enjoying your new purchase.

The Philips Smart OS is a bit basic but as you say the picture and price do more than make up for this.

Again thanks for the business :)

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.