Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Bull Coconut Edition - is this available to buy anywhere in Ireland?

• 15-06-2020 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, unusual request here!

Last summer, Red Bull held one of their regular seaside events in Dun Laoghaire (either Cliff Diving or a Flugtag, they have them here frequently so I get them confused!) and part of the promotional handout involved copious free cans of a new (at that time) flavour - "Coconut Berry Edition". I've attached a photo of the can below.

I stocked up at that event and this weekend for the first time used it as a mixer, and I can safely say that if I can get my hands on more of it I won't be switching back to the regular Red Bull any time soon :D The problem is, I've tried a few shops and there's no sign of it. Tesco came closest, having the "orange edition" alongside the regular flavour, but no coconut - while SuperValu does have it listed as a page on their website, but out of stock and no indication of either how long it's been since they decided to stock it, or how long it might be until they re-stock. I discovered this through a Google Search, but it didn't come up in a search of the site itself which makes me feel that it's been removed altogether as a product.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/drinks-sports-energy-red-bull-coconut-berry-sugar-free-edition-250-millilitre-/p-1615934002

Anyone come across this recently and know where, if anywhere, I'd be able to pick it up?

b7dacfb1cf8b9429d15df103d7c88c8c_large.png&width=256&type=webp&quality=40

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,571 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Fresh supermarkets have definitely had them recently

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've seen it in a centra and a daybreak near me (galway) so maybe bigger stores no longer stock it..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 536 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Pallas foods have it if you are near a click and collect depot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Found it in Spar of Sandycove/Glasthule of all places. Guess ye're right, strangely the bigger shops don't have it but the convenience store sized places do. Pity they sell it at such a premium but beggars and choosers etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Saw it in Circle K, Killester yesterday.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,571 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

antodeco wrote: »
    Fresh supermarkets have definitely had them recently

Confirming I spotted them today also (grand canal branch)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GorgeMonstaa

Hey, does anyone know if they still sell this flavour anywhere in Ireland?

Seem to have it everywhere in UK and Europe but can't find it anywhere here.

Advertisement