Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck [Part 2] (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

eggy81 wrote: »
    vindicate kneeling on the blokes windpipe until he croaks. Not sure about that.

if you watch it it shows he was complaining of difficulty long before and one of the officers even suggested an oxygen mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

vindicate kneeling on the blokes windpipe until he croaks. Not sure about that.

I’m guessing you never studied anatomy. Your windpipe is at the front of your neck, directly under your chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭eggy81

I’m guessing you never studied anatomy. Your windpipe is at the front of your neck, directly under your chin.

Your wind pipe can be pressured and restricted from any side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭eggy81

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Shocked that he resisted arrest and was having breathing problems while high on meth and fentanyl!

• Advertisement

How anyone could watch that and conclude that,what police done is ok is beyond me

Pulled chap over at gun point and escalted the situation at every chance.....if it was a family member of mine killed like that,id find it near impossible to condemn attacks on police officers in responce

Quite liked the part,where he begged police,not to shoot him,before being tore out of car and upon being hamdcuffed,police officer,whos camera this was,went off and picked a fight with innocent passers by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

“vindicate kneeling on the blokes windpipe until he croaks.”

No one kneeled on his windpipe was my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

He was just out for a jog.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You think the facts matter a damn? It's all about narrative. And when the narrative doesnt hold up to scrutiny in court, you just claim that the system is rigged and that to the narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Shocked that he resisted arrest and was having breathing problems while high on meth and fentanyl!

Doesnt excuse what that officer did though. The whole neck thing over 8minutes while people watched and pleaded for them to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He was having a breathing problems because he had a knee on his neck,

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSwqp5fdIw

the video clearly shows him resisting arrest multiple times, clearly acting erratically due to drugs and that his complaints about not being able to breath were even before he was on the ground.

I'm no medical expert but this could possibly vindicate the police.

Vindicated my hole.
    He was on the ground with his hands cuffed behind his back with 3 of them on him, one with his knee on his neck for 9 minutes till he died.

School shooters don't get treated like that for actually killing multiple people.

There is no justification, no matter how much you fools try your best to .

Weird how certain people try their best to justify the killings of black people for weeks and months, clutching at anything to try, same in the Ahmaud Arbery thread till it got closed...............

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

How anyone could watch that and conclude that,what police done is ok is beyond me

You must be unfamiliar with the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

People on here desperate to vindicate Chauvin and blame Floyd for his own death

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He seems to be completely demented from the very first interaction he has with the police

You must be unfamiliar with the op.

Tbh i watched this video,and didnt see any resisting arrest

They literally had your man in handcuffs and could hear police saying,stop resisting arrest??

This deosnt vindicate anyone,and whoever taught releasing this was going to help the polices case,has made an horrendous error in judgement

Was it confirmed he was on meth and fentanyl?

Not justifying what happened but genuinely it’s an eye opener to see how demented and out of touch with reality this Floyd guy was

Some are saying he was on meth and fentalyn- was that confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

It's not about one man, it's about a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not justifying what happened but genuinely it’s an eye opener to see how demented and out of touch with reality this Floyd guy was

They show up on his autopsy report but experts broadly do not agree that they played a significant role in his death, the primary factor was being choked out.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-two-autopsies-of-george-floyd-arent-as-different-as-they-seem/

"All the experts I spoke to see no evidence of excited delirium in Floyd’s case. In the video of his death, Melinek pointed out, you can clearly see that he is not sweating excessively, nor is he dressed inappropriately. He communicates clearly with officers and bystanders and is coherent even as he is pleading for his life. But the fact that one of the officers at the scene suggested this diagnosis, and that legal scholars believe it will come up in Chauvin’s defense, demonstrates how medical analysis can be used in cases like this. And how disagreement among forensic pathologists about how to describe the evidence in a case can muddy the legal waters."

• Advertisement

Speaking personally I had no idea how out of touch with reality and I suppose for want of a better word...deranged he was when I first heard of this Floyd case

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭gailforecast

I read he was high at the time which was part of the reason the cashier called the cops initially.

I’m in no way shape or form defending the cops actions, but Mr Floyd wasn’t the nicest man on the planet.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Same ‘concerned citizens’ blaming the black guy for a police officer kneeling on his neck to the point which he died, I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Kneeled on his neck with hands in pockets. Even if Floyd had been lying about breathing prior to that he was killed by that cop. The only debate is was it manslaughter or murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If someone claims they are claustrophobic are they supposed to be treated differently when arrested?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If someone claims they are claustrophobic are they supposed to be treated differently when arrested?

Useless strawman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I think once you kill them its irrelevant.

I read he was high at the time which was part of the reason the cashier called the cops initially.

I’m in no way shape or form defending the cops actions, but Mr Floyd wasn’t the nicest man on the planet.

Bit of an understatement. This is the same guy who had a history of robbing pregnant women at gunpoint.

It's not about one man, it's about a system.

Imagine wanting to base your entire revolution on this guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Can you even imagine the clusterfuck that would go down if he was deemed not guilty?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement