Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck [Part 2] (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

Overheal wrote: »
    So he's the guy who pointed the gun at a pregnant woman and on previously unreported PCP?

You're on a roll for disinformation today.

I didn't say he was on pcp. I said it's obvious why he was restrained.

If you're going to call someone out, read the post properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I didn't say he was on pcp. I said it's obvious why he was restrained.

If you're going to call someone out, read the post properly.

You're playing stupid games with disinformation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PonchoMcHoncho

Objectively in those sections of video we see the camera shoved up against his back and people saying 'stop resisting' - we don't see ****. The most resistance was him not wanting to get inside the SUV. In legalese that is resistance enough, but it blows my mind that from that point they dragged him back out of the vehicle and choked him out on the ground, which is the type of thing you'd more likely associate with a suspect trying to flee from custody.

You can clearly see what happened the same as the rest of us. Cop on, admit you've been talking out your arse for months and stop lying about what happened.

You can clearly see what happened the same as the rest of us. Cop on, admit you've been talking out your arse for months and stop lying about what happened.

Sorry what did I lie about "for months?"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSwqp5fdIw

the video clearly shows him resisting arrest multiple times, clearly acting erratically due to drugs and that his complaints about not being able to breath were even before he was on the ground.

I'm no medical expert but this could possibly vindicate the police.

That video shows once again that standard operating procedures for the police in the US are way out of line.

FFS, goes from a cop suggesting an oxygen mask to him chauvin kneeling on his neck until he died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

That video shows once again that standard operating procedures for the police in the US are way out of line.

FFS, goes from a cop suggesting an oxygen mask to him chauvin kneeling on his neck until he died.

What do you think they should have done with him?

A violent criminal out of his face on a cocktail of drugs behaving the way the bodycam proves.

And seriously, why do BLM not find anyone to start a riot over than someone like Floyd and the other crims that came before him?

Lots of black criminals got taken out in the 50s and 60s. Martin Luther King didn't create icons out of them. Nor did Malcolm and he had been in prison himself.

If one of the Kinahan minions was killed by the cops during an arrest would there be riots and looting over them? And would that get major political support from one of the main parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Gotta get Trump out lads

7/4 the Donald.

Fill your boots and make the pinkos and reds cry again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Sorry what did I lie about "for months?"

Hey, would you like to meet up for a coffee?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Bonniedog wrote: »

Not killed him.

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Gotta get Trump out lads
    7/4 the Donald.

Fill your boots and make the pinkos and reds cry again :-)

I reckon the Donald has backed himself to lose the way he is carrying on the last few months.

I reckon the Donald has backed himself to lose the way he is carrying on the last few months.

I think he intends to play the victim so his “silent majority” will get out the vote.

A violent criminal out of his face on a cocktail of drugs behaving the way the bodycam proves.

And seriously, why do BLM not find anyone to start a riot over than someone like Floyd and the other crims that came before him?

Lots of black criminals got taken out in the 50s and 60s. Martin Luther King didn't create icons out of them. Nor did Malcolm and he had been in prison himself.

If one of the Kinahan minions was killed by the cops during an arrest would there be riots and looting over them? And would that get major political support from one of the main parties?

Which do you think it is, all the protests are over a single event, or that that event is yet another in a long line in which excessive force and poor decision making has been used by the cops and has resulted in the deaths of black people?

Or are you ignoring the fact that Breonna Taylors name is the one being referenced the most in a lot of the protests going on.

Which do you think it is, all the protests are over a single event, or that that event is yet another in a long line in which excessive force and poor decision making has been used by the cops and has resulted in the deaths of black people?

Or are you ignoring the fact that Breonna Taylors name is the one being referenced the most in a lot of the protests going on.

80% of those killed by cops are armed threats. Floyd is no loss to anyone.

Do you think cops just randomly kill large numbers of black people just for being black on their way to school or work or for a stroll? As opposed to being armed and on way to or from a mugging/burglary/rape/murder?

Numbers pale into insignificance compared to black people killing other black people. Over 200,000 since 1976. Averaging four a day in June in Chicago.

As for Trump, he has survived an attempted coup based on lies about Russia and when the virus comes under control, the majority of people who are appalled by the BLM/antifa mayhem encouraged by the DNC will get him over the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I was one of the people that said what happened before the video didn't matter. I still think Chauvin acted excessively; but the other cops getting charged for this incident is just the most ridiculous thing to ever happen.

Defunding the police wouldn't have helped Floyd's situation any, if anything the rookie cop that initially approached Floyd could have done with more training.

Do you think cops just randomly kill large numbers of black people just for being black on their way to school or work or for a stroll? As opposed to being armed and on way to or from a mugging/burglary/rape/murder?

Numbers pale into insignificance compared to black people killing other black people. Over 200,000 since 1976. Averaging four a day in June in Chicago.

As for Trump, he has survived an attempted coup based on lies about Russia and when the virus comes under control, the majority of people who are appalled by the BLM/antifa mayhem encouraged by the DNC will get him over the line.

George Floyd's family would beg to differ. And a 20% rate for unarmed deaths doesn't even come close to explaining how unjustifiable the approach has been by many police officers.

You don't seem to have sat down for even ten minutes to try to understand the root cause of the complaints, when they started, how they have evolved or what it is that they want to see changed.

You don't even seem to know what a coup is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

reading this thread you would think police just shot black people only.

yet the fact the us police have shot more whites than blacks is completely ignored as it does not suit the narrative.
    Another thing that is conveniently omitted is that the majority of those black people that are shot by the police are actually shot by black or hispanic officers.

but why let things like the truth get in the way of portraying every black person is somehow the innocent victim of some "racist police force".

Also there is no proof the ex con and thief and drug user with multiple convictions was killed because of racism, since he and the vile cop knew each other and it is as likely it was personal not racist.

But again I am sure some person will compelled to run some other elaborate theory

yet the fact the us police have shot more whites than blacks is completely ignored as it does not suit the narrative.

Then maybe you missed part 1 of the thread where someone mentioned this every other day.

Cops should be killing more whites than blacks if race is not a factor, because whites are 76% of the population. Blacks are 13%. If you look at the shootings on a per capita basis blacks are killed 2.5x more often than whites.

edit: in fact, I see you were a prolific poster on the part 1 and you even yourself already mentioned this. Incredibly dishonest of you to act as though it has been "completely ignored" in this thread and that it hasn't been mentioned or you aren't aware of the issue with not factoring in demographics with your favorite talking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

As long as the truth gets to the public, I used to be shocked how Trump got in and viewed him negatively because of what I heard from the news and John Oliver/Trevor Noah until I started to see the lies unravel and him constantly getting misquoted. I could see the whole thing was not about the greater good but just tribalistic BS and right now the other side has the presidency so anything goes to try and disrupt that.

There are so many new concepts popping up from the far left and one of them we see with BLM is Victim-hood, It has become a commodity and it needs to end and this quasi-revolution is just causing misery to so many and it is simply not worth it.

Then maybe you missed part 1 of the thread where someone mentioned this every other day.

Cops should be killing more whites than blacks if race is not a factor, because whites are 76% of the population. Blacks are 13%. If you look at the shootings on a per capita basis blacks are killed 2.5x more often than whites.

I think cops are sexist as they arrest more men than women...oh wait is that because more men commit crimes, same argument can be applied to African Americans. There are more criminals in the Black community than others and also more likely to resist arrest equals more deaths. Blacks in America are not systematically oppressed.

• Advertisement

I think cops are sexist as they arrest more men than women...oh wait is that because more men commit crimes, same argument can be applied to African Americans. There are more criminals in the Black community than others and also more likely to resist arrest equals more deaths. Blacks in America are not systematically oppressed.

Cops continue to overpolice black neighborhoods, of course they encounter more black crime. Even though, for instance, whites and blacks use marijuana at the same rate and whites make up much more of the population, blacks are arrested, tried, and convicted for using the drug more often - arrests alone are 4x more often. It's not as simple as saying 'oh, blacks must be committing way more criminal acts than whites.'

GOJ2YFSEXQ7K3MRFLUZEMY7XZE.png&w=916

AICUQFGDZYZH7EPXQEX2566IQI.png&w=916

SGHNPWXKAE5Y7HVA4TWRGQ7VYM.png&w=916

UHBKFMT6IQ3MVEEOYI5PO3CVZM.png&w=916

UAUICGZN2I52DANGNDUMBQC5SU.png&w=916

VQDXH2R4Q467BIEVYI4N6DY7GY.png&w=916

AT45FHCRKU445EBU665DMUANEM.png&w=916

YZ6CNEF7KYYPDMNDEQDHNN6PDU.png&w=916

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/06/04/the-blackwhite-marijuana-arrest-gap-in-nine-charts/

It's not as simple as saying 'oh, blacks must be committing way more criminal acts than whites.'

But it is the simple.
    The alternative would be that all the police which are a multi ethnic force in the united states are all racist? Does that sound realistic to you?

Another thing that is conveniently omitted is that the majority of those black people that are shot by the police are actually shot by black or hispanic officers.

but why let things like the truth get in the way of portraying every black person is somehow the innocent victim of some "racist police force".

Also there is no proof the ex con and thief and drug user with multiple convictions was killed because of racism, since he and the vile cop knew each other and it is as likely it was personal not racist.

But again I am sure some person will compelled to run some other elaborate theory

Maybe people should call for action to change the police force if it has gotten to the point where one of the lines being used to defend them is that they kill even more white people than blacks. I don't know, maybe people should suggest putting money in to other types of activities to prevent crime rather than just killing the accused. But what would that look like, I would you argue for such a thing, what phrase could you use, I wonder, it really is conundrum. Maybe, 'reduce the police budget and allocate the funds to support workers and mental health professionals and education' might work. It's too long you say? Ok, how about 'De-fund the police'.............

But it is the simple.
    The alternative would be that all the police which are a multi ethnic force in the united states are all racist? Does that sound realistic to you?

It really isn't that simple. And it is possible for multi-ethnic forces to still over-police blacks and use more forceful tactics against them. The data supports this. You can be a minority and still be biased against minorities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Cops should be killing more whites than blacks
    if race is not a factor, because whites are 76% of the population. Blacks are 13%. If you look at the shootings on a per capita basis blacks are killed 2.5x more often than whites.

That is the difference between us, I think cops should not be killing any unarmed person.

Maybe you missed the part in my post where I said the majority of blacks are shot by black officers....or did you choose to ignore that as well ?

Your so called stats might actually apply if all the cops were white, but as pointed out to you multiple times, the blacks are being killed mostly by blacks and hispanics.....those that are a minority on the force.

It would seem then that black officers since being a minority are more likely to shoot people dead than white people percentage wise using your stats.
    But I am sure you will find some excuse or twisted reason to try spin that too.

I remember now why I had you on ignore for weeks.

Cops continue to overpolice black neighborhoods, of course they encounter more black crimel]

:D

So there are over 1,000 murders a year in parts of Montana but we never to hear about them like in Chicago because there are no cops about?

You are the Bishop Berkeley of crime stats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It really isn't that simple. And it is possible for multi-ethnic forces to still over-police blacks and use more forceful tactics against them. The data supports this. You can be a minority and still be biased against minorities.

Lol

It's not funny in practice though as Middle and upper class ideologues like yourself are now affecting policing there, with the inevitable significant upswing in crime and murders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

What a pathetic understanding of statistics

That is the difference between us, I think cops should not be killing any unarmed person.

Maybe you missed the part in my post where I said the majority of blacks are shot by black officers....or did you choose to ignore that as well ?

Your so called stats might actually apply if all the cops were white, but as pointed out to you multiple times, the blacks are being killed mostly by blacks and hispanics.....those that are a minority on the force.

It would seem then that black officers since being a minority are more likely to shoot people dead than white people percentage wise using your stats.
    But I am sure you will find some excuse or twisted reason to try spin that too.

I remember now why I had you on ignore for weeks.

Oh yes very clever remark but you knew what I meant. Cop on.

As I said to another user above implicit bias against minorities is not the sole remit of whites.

I don’t care who you have on ignore and am not impressed, leave it out.

• Advertisement

Giruilla wrote: »
    What a pathetic understanding of statistics

How so? Do explain.

If race is not a factor in the killings whites will be killed more often than blacks as a result of the demographics. That’s not encouraging the killing of anybody to point out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement