Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck [Part 2] (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Giruilla wrote: »
    What a pathetic understanding of statistics

Why don't you explain what indicates that Overheal misunderstood the statistics because I also understand that on a, say deaths per hundred thousand of race, the numbers of Black who die at the hands of the police is much greater than the numbers of White.

While as a proportion of total population, the whites greatly outnumber blacks.

Maybe you have statistics that refutes this argument rather than just a vague put down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Feelings don't care about you facts. Or was it the other way round? I forget now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Overheal wrote: »
    How so? Do explain.

If race is not a factor in the killings whites will be killed more often than blacks as a result of the demographics. That’s not encouraging the killing of anybody to point out.

Mayhap there is some other factor involved that leads to black people having greater negative interactions with police. Would you say that the murder and violent crime rate in black communities might have something to do with that?

biko wrote: »
    .[IMG]https:://i.postimg.cc/d38R2Qb1/image.jpg[/IMG]

He was acting strangely and not following instructions presumably because he was high on Fentanyl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He was acting strangely and not following instructions presumably because he was high on Fentanyl.

Forensic pathologists have already rejected the idea he was on a fentanyl high at the time

Forensic pathologists have already rejected the idea he was on a fentanyl high at the time

What do you think was wrong with him? He was barely lucid and not following simple instructions - he had fentanyl, methamphetamine and THC in his system at the time of his death.

What do you think was wrong with him? He was barely lucid and not following simple instructions - he had fentanyl, methamphetamine and THC in his system at the time of his death.

I’d say having a gun pointed to my head would shake me up a bit too. Especially if I’m a black man in America where cops kill you 2.5x more often per capita

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Donald gonna love this.

I’d say having a gun pointed to my head would shake me up a bit too. Especially if I’m a black man in America where cops kill you 2.5x more often per capita

Laughable yet expected response, he was high as a kite.

• Advertisement

Laughable yet expected response, he was high as a kite.

You’re a forensic pathologist now are you?

You’re a forensic pathologist now are you?

So the meth, Fentanyl and THC just magically ended up in his system did it. He also magically must have acted that he was high in the video. You are one of the worst confirmation bias offenders I have ever seen. I haven't said he died because of drugs nor disagreed with the notion he died because he was knelt on.

The new video evidence will show the police acted extremely cordial with him for several minutes but he was incoherence and had no ability to follow basic instructions. He resisted arrest - they asked him nicely to sit in their car several times and he refused. When it comes to intent in a trial these things will matter.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-floyd-death-autopsies-homicide-axphyxiation-details/

"The Hennepin County medical examiner's office, however, said Floyd experienced cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by the officer. The county autopsy said Floyd had "other significant conditions" including "arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease; fentanyl intoxication; [and] recent methamphetamine use." The office had not previously released the findings pending toxicology reports."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

What the cop did was wrong, but the truth is the world has one less ex con, , and I wont miss the scumbag ex con, thief and drug user, regardless of what color, gender or whatever.

since when did the truth and facts matter to people with an agenda ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

if he really wanted to be scared of a statistical death rate he should never have let those other black people in his car, they were 50x more likely to shoot him than police if we want to use those stats.

What the cop did was wrong, but the truth is the world has one less ex con, , and I wont miss the scumbag ex con, thief and drug user, regardless of what color, gender or whatever.

The ex in ex con should be operative here. Are people less than human after they've served all terms of their sentence?

So the meth, Fentanyl and THC just magically ended up in his system did it.

Which can be detected in the body not just hours but days after the high. Weeks, even months in the case of THC (Or more accurately THC-COOH, which is actually what marijuana tests look for, not THC).

Fentanyl will usually show up on a urine test between 24-72 hours after last use. Hair tests can detect the drug for up to 3 months, and blood tests can detect it between 5 and 48 hours after use depending on the dose.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/fentanyl-treatment/how-long-in-system

if he really wanted to be scared of a statistical death rate he should never have let those other black people in his car, they were 50x more likely to shoot him than police if we want to use those stats.

Not employing much critical thinking there are you Eric.

Which can be detected in the body not just hours but days after the high. Weeks, even months in the case of THC (Or more accurately THC-COOH, which is actually what marijuana tests look for, not THC).

Fentanyl will usually show up on a urine test between 24-72 hours after last use. Hair tests can detect the drug for up to 3 months, and blood tests can detect it between 5 and 48 hours after use depending on the dose.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/fentanyl-treatment/how-long-in-system

You know when drugs would also be found in your system? After recent use. I'll bank on the latter given his mannerisms and strange non lucid behaviour which are strong indicators of drug use/being high.

The ex in ex con should be operative here. Are people less than human after they've served all terms of their sentence?

just because you serve some of the sentence does not mean the crime disappears.

If some person murdered your mother and served their sentence, would you say that person was no longer a murderer because they served their time ?

People like you who deflect, ignore facts, and do what ever you can you cherry pick what suits your agenda are all that is wrong with people today.

You would bend over backwards to defend criminals but go out of your way to attack the police who have a thankless job.

• Advertisement

You know when drugs would also be found in your system? After recent use. I'll bank on the latter given his mannerisms and strange non lucid behaviour which are strong indicators of drug use/being high.

So at best you have a circular argument.

Forensic pathologists have said he wasn't high during the arrest. Drugs were in his body, which can be detected hours, days, weeks, even months after use depending on the test. That is what we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Maybe black people do more crime ? Blacks in the states are only 13 % of the population but commit 50% of the murders , that might explain why they get shot more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So at best you have a circular argument.

Forensic pathologists have said he wasn't high during the arrest. Drugs were in his body, which can be detected hours, days, weeks, even months after use depending on the test. That is what we know.

One set of pathologists, hired by the family, have said that. Dr. Baden, who is something of a celebrity pathologist at that.

just because you serve some of the sentence does not mean the crime disappears.

If some person murdered your mother and served their sentence, would you say that person was no longer a murderer because they served their time ?

People like you who deflect, ignore facts, and do what ever you can you cherry pick what suits your agenda are all that is wrong with people today.

You would bend over backwards to defend criminals but go out of your way to attack the police who have a thankless job.

You have real conniptions with taking things personal. Don't be so dramatic. Agenda this and that. Perhaps you accuse me of an agenda because you have one yourself. I have no problem with simultaneously respecting the role of police in society while holding them to a high standard that doesn't include killing suspects.

He didn't murder anybody, and he served out the complete term of his prior convictions, yes? So he had the same rights and privileges as anyone else, including innocence until guilt is proven in the case of a fake $20 note that doesn't deserve death.

where did I say he deserved to die.

please show me where I said that,

You are deliberately ignoring what is actually being said and responding to what you think is being said.

Maybe black people do more crime ? Blacks in the states are only 13 % of the population but commit 50% of the murders , that might explain why they get shot more

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114222261&postcount=382

One set of pathologists, hired by the family, have said that. Dr. Baden, who is something of a celebrity pathologist at that.

Argumentum ad Hominem, despite the forensic pathologist being a forensic pathologist.

where did I say he deserved to die.

please show me where I said that,

You are deliberately ignoring what is actually being said and responding to what you think is being said.

Oh I just assume that's your agenda. You've assumed mine, so I get to play this stupid game too. :rolleyes: /s

(Nevermind that I never actually accused you of saying that I just simply stated he didn't deserve to die)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

It’s true that around 13 per cent of Americans are black, according to the latest estimates from the US Census Bureau.

And yes, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008. Only 45 per cent of the offenders were white. Homicide is a broader category than “murder” but let’s not split hairs.

27_bjs_use
    Blacks were disproportionately likely to commit homicide and to be the victims. In 2008 the offending rate for blacks was seven times higher than for whites and the victimisation rate was six times higher.

• Advertisement

are you illiterate ?

I clearly say I wont miss him. That is not the same as saying he deserve to die ?

How old are you ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement