Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck [Part 2] (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Found by accident, cops having conversations in their car..

“We are just gonna go out and start slaughtering them fu—– ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.

These are the words of a now-former Wilmington Police Department officer Kevin Piner.

He, along with two other officers have been fired from the department after dash-cam footage recorded two phone conversations — accidentally — and a supervisor conducting a routine audit of the videos found the disturbing content."

"The audio has Piner calling one of the officers ‘bad news’ and a ‘piece of ****.’

“Let’s see how his boys take care of him when **** gets rough, see if they don’t put a bullet in his head,” Piner said about a fellow officer."

“Moore began telling Piner about an arrest he had made at work the day before. During that conversation, Moore refers to the female as a ‘negro’ and a ‘ni—-‘ on multiple occasions.”

"He also referred to a magistrate judge, who is also black, as a ‘****ing negro magistrate."

"At one point, Moore states, ‘she needed a bullet in her head right then and move on. Let’s move the body out of the way and keep going.’ Piner responds, ‘That’s what I have been trying to tell you,"

"Piner tells Moore later in the conversation that he feels a civil war is coming and he is ‘ready.’ Piner advised he is going to buy a new assault rifle in the next couple of weeks."

"Officer Piner began to discuss society being close to ‘martial law’ and soon ‘we are just gonna go out and start slaughtering them ****ing ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait."

"Officer Piner then explained to Cpl. Moore that he felt society needed a civil war to ‘wipe ’em off the ****ing map. That’ll put ’em back about four or five generations."

"Each officer admitted it was their voice on the video. They did not deny saying any of the things heard on the video. Each officer pointed to the stress of today’s climate in law enforcement as a reason for their ‘venting,"

https://portcitydaily.com/local-news/2020/06/24/fired-wilmington-cop-we-are-just-going-to-go-out-and-start-slaughtering-them-f-ni-i-cant-wait-god-i-cant-wait-free-read/?fbclid=IwAR2rQ5D5Fyq6qgTRpdU6clh8a_7iOY_AUDe76SvfMAxywUnUPZVnoGzVVgM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The difference is that Bubba had nothing to do with it. Bubba didn't see nor report the noose.

The only people who are blaming Bubba are ones that are either misinformed on the facts or have an agenda.

I don't know how anyone can question why the person on the team that found this went and reported it to NASCAR. It looks horrible, especially when it was the only garage that had it.

https://twitter.com/MartySmithESPN/status/1276188868711243777?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Found by accident, cops having conversations in their car..

“We are just gonna go out and start slaughtering them fu—– ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.

These are the words of a now-former Wilmington Police Department officer Kevin Piner.

He, along with two other officers have been fired from the department after dash-cam footage recorded two phone conversations — accidentally — and a supervisor conducting a routine audit of the videos found the disturbing content."

"The audio has Piner calling one of the officers ‘bad news’ and a ‘piece of ****.’

“Let’s see how his boys take care of him when **** gets rough, see if they don’t put a bullet in his head,” Piner said about a fellow officer."

“Moore began telling Piner about an arrest he had made at work the day before. During that conversation, Moore refers to the female as a ‘negro’ and a ‘ni—-‘ on multiple occasions.”

"He also referred to a magistrate judge, who is also black, as a ‘****ing negro magistrate."

"At one point, Moore states, ‘she needed a bullet in her head right then and move on. Let’s move the body out of the way and keep going.’ Piner responds, ‘That’s what I have been trying to tell you,"

"Piner tells Moore later in the conversation that he feels a civil war is coming and he is ‘ready.’ Piner advised he is going to buy a new assault rifle in the next couple of weeks."

"Officer Piner began to discuss society being close to ‘martial law’ and soon ‘we are just gonna go out and start slaughtering them ****ing ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait."

"Officer Piner then explained to Cpl. Moore that he felt society needed a civil war to ‘wipe ’em off the ****ing map. That’ll put ’em back about four or five generations."

"Each officer admitted it was their voice on the video. They did not deny saying any of the things heard on the video. Each officer pointed to the stress of today’s climate in law enforcement as a reason for their ‘venting,"

https://portcitydaily.com/local-news/2020/06/24/fired-wilmington-cop-we-are-just-going-to-go-out-and-start-slaughtering-them-f-ni-i-cant-wait-god-i-cant-wait-free-read/?fbclid=IwAR2rQ5D5Fyq6qgTRpdU6clh8a_7iOY_AUDe76SvfMAxywUnUPZVnoGzVVgM

obviously racist scumbags.

But what seems to be glossed over amongst all the ignorance and racism, is the police feel their lives are in danger.

Putting aside all the obvious racism and the fact these officers should not be on the force, it is sad that a police force, which has all colors and races and has majority of good honest decent people doing a thankless job for what is poor pay are all getting the blame because of a minority few.

America is a gun culture country where anyone could be carrying a weapon, so yes the police have an extra tough time,

The police are underpaid, understaffed, and having to do a job most people wont do, be in contact with the worst of society who could be armed.

When I read that the police "police the blacks more" it is hardly surprising if the police would concentrate on areas where more crime is committed.

I know in Ireland the places most destroyed by crime , vandalism, anti social behaviour etc. the decent people would not complain of extra policing, in fact I would suspect they would welcome it.

To label the entire force for the actions of a minority of scumbags is wrong.

But what seems to be glossed over amongst all the ignorance and racism, is the police feel their lives are in danger.

Putting aside all the obvious racism and the fact these officers should not be on the force, it is sad that a police force, which has all colors and races and has majority of good honest decent people doing a thankless job for what is poor pay are all getting the blame because of a minority few.

America is a gun culture country where anyone could be carrying a weapon, so yes the police have an extra tough time,

The police are underpaid, understaffed, and having to do a job most people wont do, be in contact with the worst of society who could be armed.

When I read that the police "police the blacks more" it is hardly surprising if the police would concentrate on areas where more crime is committed.

I know in Ireland the places most destroyed by crime , vandalism, anti social behaviour etc. the decent people would not complain of extra policing, in fact I would suspect they would welcome it.

I disagree, there'd be uproar if Gardai started randomly stopping teenagers in housing estates and searching them without cause. Then if they found tiny quantities of weed or suspected them of a crime they would be allowed to throw them in jail without allowing bail until their trial. Then add to that start shooting kids in parks or women in their beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I never thought that I'd see the like. What next? Somebody will be murdered, and then where are we? Drive by shootings in the night, it'll be like Boys in the Hood. And then they'll have hoes selling their wares in the middle of the street and the pimps will be using crack cocaine to keep the whores under control--' [Gun shot fires in background] '--I'm going home now Father to lock meself in the basement til they catch that fella. Good-bye to ye father.

• Advertisement

I disagree, there'd be uproar if Gardai started randomly stopping teenagers in housing estates and searching them without cause. Then if they found tiny quantities of weed or suspected them of a crime they would be allowed to throw them in jail without allowing bail until their trial. Then add to that start shooting kids in parks or women in their beds.

Stopping people on the street is not the extra policing I am referring to. Extra policing could encompass multiple things, in could be in reduced times to response, removing groups of kids loitering outside peoples homes,

In the real rougher areas, be working with the rspca or whatever in dealing with stray dogs, the wandering horses, little sh1ts on quad bikes etc

And if those are stopped and are in possession of illegal substances, then tough sh1t on them for breaking the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Attacking their own now.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/504269-wisconsin-state-senator-kicked-in-the-head-during-protests

A Democratic state senator in Wisconsin said he was assaulted by protesters and “kicked in the head” on Tuesday night when he filmed a contentious demonstration outside the state Capitol.

"I don't know what happened ... all I did was stop and take a picture ... and the next thing I'm getting five-six punches, getting kicked in the head," Carpenter told a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporter.

https://twitter.com/TimCarpenterMKE/status/1275716467007328258

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I don't know how anyone can question why the person on the team that found this went and reported it to NASCAR. It looks horrible, especially when it was the only garage that had it.

https://twitter.com/MartySmithESPN/status/1276188868711243777?s=20

Perceptive, 101 dishonest journalism, the angle of the dangle and all that

https://twitter.com/Lukewearechange/status/1276284075863617536

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Stopping people on the street is not the extra policing I am referring to. Extra policing could encompass multiple things, in could be in reduced times to response, removing groups of kids loitering outside peoples homes,

In the real rougher areas, be working with the rspca or whatever in dealing with stray dogs, the wandering horses, little sh1ts on quad bikes etc

And if those are stopped and are in possession of illegal substances, then tough sh1t on them for breaking the law.

Glad you're in agreement that the treatment of minority communities in the US is wrong

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    Perceptive, 101 dishonest journalism, the angle of the dangle and all that

https://twitter.com/Lukewearechange/status/1276284075863617536

The only place in any location they race that was tied like a noose.

https://twitter.com/MartySmithESPN/status/1276194402302640129?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I said it a few times in the first thread that beause we are seeing such disparity in groups the only way to 'fix' these would be with segregation laws. Here's some more evidence that is what they are pushing for.

Californians will get the chance on November 3rd to vote out proposition 209.
    A "yes" vote supports this constitutional amendment to repeal Proposition 209 (1996), which prohibited the state from discriminating against or granting preferential treatment to persons on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in public employment, public education, and public contracting.

Another victory for the protesters. Long way still to go.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1276353516269953024?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The police feel their lives are in danger? That's how black people in many areas have been saying they feel about interactions with the police for decades. This is why things are now as they are.

How is it a thankless job, again, for decades, police in communities were viewed with respect. What has changed? Stories of abuse, patrolling via cop car, qualified immunity etc has brought us to this situation where they are no longer viewed as members of their communities.

America is a gun culture society? I bet the majority of those protesting now have been calling for gun control for years but those against the protests now (right up to the President, have been screaming about protecting their 2A)

Communities everywhere, including Ireland would welcome extra policing? What happened to the stories about estates in and around Dublin where Gardai are supposedly unwelcome?

The police are underpaid and understaffed? How do they compare to teachers who have to buy crayons with their own money while taking on second jobs to make ends meet? Or nurses who have to wear inferior PPE while also doing contract work to earn a sufficient income.

As for your last sentence, you've some balls to write that after you've spent weeks here saying vigorously that all protesters are looters and rioters because of the actions of a few.

The police feel their lives are in danger? That's how black people in many areas have been saying they feel about interactions with the police for decades. This is why things are now as they are.

How is it a thankless job, again, for decades, police in communities were viewed with respect. What has changed? Stories of abuse, patrolling via cop car, qualified immunity etc has brought us to this situation where they are no longer viewed as members of their communities.

America is a gun culture society? I bet the majority of those protesting now have been calling for gun control for years but those against the protests now (right up to the President, have been screaming about protecting their 2A)

Communities everywhere, including Ireland would welcome extra policing? What happened to the stories about estates in and around Dublin where Gardai are supposedly unwelcome?

The police are underpaid and understaffed? How do they compare to teachers who have to buy crayons with their own money while taking on second jobs to make ends meet? Or nurses who have to wear inferior PPE while also doing contract work to earn a sufficient income.

As for your last sentence, you've some balls to write that after you've spent weeks here saying vigorously that all protesters are looters and rioters because of the actions of a few.

you do know the us police shoot more white people than black right ?

and that the majority of black people shot are shot by black or hispanic officers...right ?

Why are you mentioning just black people ?
    Do you feel the same for the white people shot by police ?
    or is caring about your life if you are white now racist as well ?

can you show me where I have said this.

Somehow I bet you will not be able to back up this lie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

In the end, the death of George Floyd will probably have been in vain. What we've seen is massive protests and campaigning to address racism, but there has been a lot of overreach in this, too, typified by such things as the 'I Take Responsibility' video and the revelation that certain celebrities did blackface 20 or 30 years ago. It puts every public figure in the potential crosshair for ever having done or said something in their whole professional life which could be construed as racist. The pushback on this is already gathering steam, and the man's barely cold in the ground.

People talk about 'woke' culture all the time as if it's a new thing. It's not a new thing at all. There's already a term for it called, 'right-on'. Rik from the Young Ones parodied the stance,

"Neil!!! Are these lentils South African???."

"Well, uh...."

"You b**tard!!! You complete and utter b**tard!!!! Why don't you just go out and become a policeman?? Become a pig? There's no difference, you know! I suppose you hate gay people, too!!"

People like Rik caused a lot of eye-rolling in the 80s, as they do today, and 'right-on' culture in the 80s and its overreach led directly to 'new lad' culture of the 90s, where anything went. I think the same thing will happen today.

There'll be no audio or video of the pretrial hearings even though the 4 defendants wanted the audiovisual. Seems the 4 are feeling hard done by by other cops and the state.

"Minnesota District Court Judge Peter A. Cahill on Friday afternoon denied requests, including those filed by the Law&Crime Network, to broadcast hearings leading up to the trials of four former Minneapolis police officers accused of murdering or playing a role in the murder of George Floyd. Cahill did not rule on whether cameras would be allowed in the actual trials; those decisions will be made at a later date, he said."

Attorneys for all four of the ex-officers, Derek Chauvin, Tou Thao, Thomas Kiernan Lane, and J. Alexander Kueng, consented to audiovisual coverage of the case. The defense attorneys even went so far as to say that any objection by the state to such coverage would violate the defendants’ constitutional rights. The defendants collectively said they wanted the public to see their side of the case after weeks of leaks and statements against their interests them by state actors such as the police, the mayor, and the governor."

https://lawandcrime.com/george-floyd-death/judge-denies-requests-to-broadcast-court-hearings-in-alleged-murder-of-george-floyd/?utm_source=mostpopular

In the words of a previous post "attacking their own".

I'm not to bothered by names, but addresses? What is the goal she was looking at with this..

"St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson is facing massive backlash–including a rising chorus of calls for her resignation–after she read aloud the names and addresses of citizens who had advocated for defunding the city’s police department.

The names and addresses were read during a Facebook Live briefing held by the Democratic Party mayor on Friday evening. Black Lives Matter protesters previously submitted their suggestions for potential city budgets with various social services bolstered by decreased police department spending."

https://lawandcrime.com/george-floyd-death/calls-for-st-louis-mayors-resignation-intensify-after-she-doxxed-black-lives-matter-protesters-on-facebook-live/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Overheal wrote: »
    Jon Stewart popped back in from the wilderness:

It's much easier to get an understanding of what he's saying from 1.5hours of conversation than those printed questions/answers in that article!

Here's a clip of that discussion in relation to the death of George Floyd.
    • We're still at the symbolic stage; lacking leadership.
    • We shouldn't just change the window dressing and the guilding, this has to be foundational that will create something lasting.
    • What is underlying this is not just racial inequalities
    • What needs to change is this idea that we build our society from top down.
    • The lockdown has proven that the most valuable people to society are most often the least rewarded.(Health care workers, shop assistants etc..)
    • Since the 80's the investor class has gotten a break and the working class has been minimized. We've overvalued investment and undervalued actual work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

There'll be no audio or video of the pretrial hearings even though the 4 defendants wanted the audiovisual. Seems the 4 are feeling hard done by by other cops and the state.

"Minnesota District Court Judge Peter A. Cahill on Friday afternoon denied requests, including those filed by the Law&Crime Network, to broadcast hearings leading up to the trials of four former Minneapolis police officers accused of murdering or playing a role in the murder of George Floyd. Cahill did not rule on whether cameras would be allowed in the actual trials; those decisions will be made at a later date, he said."

Attorneys for all four of the ex-officers, Derek Chauvin, Tou Thao, Thomas Kiernan Lane, and J. Alexander Kueng, consented to audiovisual coverage of the case. The defense attorneys even went so far as to say that any objection by the state to such coverage would violate the defendants’ constitutional rights. The defendants collectively said they wanted the public to see their side of the case after weeks of leaks and statements against their interests them by state actors such as the police, the mayor, and the governor."

https://lawandcrime.com/george-floyd-death/judge-denies-requests-to-broadcast-court-hearings-in-alleged-murder-of-george-floyd/?utm_source=mostpopular
    And there is an alt right rally (no doubt while heavily armed) taking place in St. Louis tomorrow who now have the addresses of people to terrorize for having the audacity to give her letters with their ideas and proposals for government.

What. A. Coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So, in essence - abolish the police but replace with private security?
    Sound 100% American.

Minneapolis council members declare intent to ‘abolish’ embattled agency and replace with alternative model in wake of George Floyd’s killing
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/07/minneapolis-city-council-defund-police-george-floyd

Minneapolis council members spend $63,000 on private security details
    The security details reportedly cost the city $4,500 a day in taxpayer dollars.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-city-council-members-private-security-detail-death-threats

Not to mention how the gun sales have gone up 500% in Dems controlled Chicago.
    A 38-year-old man from Dixon — who didn’t want his name used, citing employment reasons —
    described himself as “a very liberal Democrat” who for decades has been “for most forms of gun control politically.”
    But since March, he’s been waiting for his first gun permit to arrive so he can keep his family safe, he said.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-chicago-illinois-foid-gun-ammo-sales-uncertainty-20200625-pkve27352jagnp4y5dbaubkyoy-story.html

How the left plans to defund the police.
    https://twitter.com/0_politics2/status/1276817506548748289

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

briany wrote: »
    In the end, the death of George Floyd will probably have been in vain. What we've seen is massive protests and campaigning to address racism, but there has been a lot of overreach in this, too, typified by such things as the 'I Take Responsibility' video and the revelation that certain celebrities did blackface 20 or 30 years ago. It puts every public figure in the potential crosshair for ever having done or said something in their whole professional life which could be construed as racist. The pushback on this is already gathering steam, and the man's barely cold in the ground.

People talk about 'woke' culture all the time as if it's a new thing. It's not a new thing at all. There's already a term for it called, 'right-on'. Rik from the Young Ones parodied the stance,

"Neil!!! Are these lentils South African???."

"Well, uh...."

"You b**tard!!! You complete and utter b**tard!!!! Why don't you just go out and become a policeman?? Become a pig? There's no difference, you know! I suppose you hate gay people, too!!"

People like Rik caused a lot of eye-rolling in the 80s, as they do today, and 'right-on' culture in the 80s and its overreach led directly to 'new lad' culture of the 90s, where anything went. I think the same thing will happen today.

Culture and counter culture movements, it does always seem to proceed that way. From an optimists point of view you would call it a macro level conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

Culture and counter culture movements, it does always seem to proceed that way. From an optimists point of view you would call it a macro level conversation.

Agreed. And I think the ebb and flow seems to follow economic performance, broadly speaking. Boom = more liberal/permissive attitudes becoming the normal. Bust = more conservative attitudes rising to the fore.

Still, even with that, the window has been tending more liberal since the last world war. A self-described Conservative these days is probably only conservative on a narrow spectrum of issues, i.e. they wouldn't be against sex before marriage or a child out of wedlock in principle. They wouldn't even necessarily be religious, or be averse to individualism, just so long as that individualism doesn't involve wearing a wig and a blouse and calling oneself a woman, or dressing up as a furry animal as a lifestyle choice.

But for the issue specifically at hand, the idea that racism can be ended after the death of George Floyd is a bit naive, imo. Even the idea that a huge raft of progress can be made shortly after is quite a stretch. It'll be a waypoint in the saga. Headway will likely be made, but the most radical of those pushing for progress would be wise not to push too hard lest the pushback keeps their cause at a standstill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53218197

Is this not a form of blackface tho ?
    seriously, it's getting so nuts I don't know what is considered offensive or not ...

Cops decide to storm a peaceful violin vigil.

Cops decides to push over protester who is doing nothing wrong.

Protests haven't stopped, cops haven't stopped embarrassing themselves.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1277273696365879296?s=20

https://twitter.com/glorioso4ny/status/1277421331269791752?s=20

• Advertisement

Protesters keep racking up wins though

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1277380763596570626?s=20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement