Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meanwhile in Dijon, France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Police sources said the unrest was sparked by an attack on a 16-year-old member of the Chechen community on June 10.

Members of the Chechen diaspora then set out on so-called punishment raids seeking to avenge the assault, they said.
    https://www.france24.com/en/20200616-french-city-of-dijon-rocked-by-unrest-blamed-on-chechens-seeking-revenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Multi-culturalism is going well I see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Nothing to see here, just a few lads out for a Sunday stroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

didn't know Airsoft was so popular in france

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Population: 155,114

Diversity is great isnt it,so they keep telling us in media atleast

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

France is a bomb waiting to explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Are they calling out "5.h1te in the bucket" ?

Not only France,Sweden as well and probably Germany.
    All it takes is one person,as we have seen in the US lately,and now in France, to cause havoc and riots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Come one, come all and we'll worry about the consequences when they arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Has been for 20-30 years now

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

RTE chose today to cover this story about a 16 year old in France instead...
    https://www.rte.ie/amp/1147662/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

One thing I can't get my head around is this...

Even if you are the most liberal 'person of the world' no borders type of individual you must see the trouble immigration is causing around the world.

You must see it only gets worse, not better.

You must see that what we are doing is never going to work.

I saw a video yesterday of African origin youths in Tallaght running amok in a huge crowd. It's worrying and it's not the Ireland I know or want. It's completely alien to the country I know.

Why are we importing this? What do we gain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

inforfun wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/themetskipper/status/1272809895683854336

North-African drug dealers beat up 16 year old Chechen a couple of days ago.
    Chechens aren't really well known for turning the other cheek.

Here the result.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/dijon?src=hashtag_click

Ahhh, lovely multiculturalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

RTE chose today to cover this story about a 16 year old in France instead...
    https://www.rte.ie/amp/1147662/

It's somewhat relevant, she represents France... both have recklessly endangered themselves by voluntarily introducing risk into their own existence.
    Such hubristic thinking has been the downfall of many before...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Even if you are the most liberal 'person of the world' no borders type of individual you must see the trouble immigration is causing around the world.

I saw a video yesterday of African origin youths in Tallaght running amok in a huge crowd. It's worrying and it's not the Ireland I know or want. It's completely alien to the country I know.

Cheap labour and consumers to keep the old wheels of capitalism moving.

Ahhh, lovely multiculturalism.

Always wondered what would happen if native europeans had reacted in the same way,ah thats right, you become a nazi.

I saw a video yesterday of African origin youths in Tallaght running amok in a huge.

Racist. They are more Irish than you or me.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

Not only France,Sweden as well and probably Germany.
    All it takes is one person,as we have seen in the US lately,and now in France, to cause havoc and riots.
    I have never been to Sweden yet I have lived in both France and Germany. Most races, cultures, identities are intertwined in Germany. The native Germans have a distaste for certain immigrants, most notable the Turkish but they live and work side by side without any outward issues.

In France the native white French are quite racist towards any immigration and especially to anyone with black skin. You can integrate better as a non French speaking white person than as a fluent black person. It's insane since there are entire regions in France with nothing but French speaking born and raised black population. Racism is everywhere it's disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NotMOL

Why has no major news outlet talked about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Multi-culturalism doesn't really cut the mustard anymore on the mainland European condiment.
    [Yes, you DID just read that. High five.]

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Send those North Africans to Brazil they will survive for few months.

NotMOL wrote: »

They would be boycotted and end up out of business.

NotMOL wrote: »

France24 has it near top of their main page. Dunno if they are reporting on their tv news channel.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200616-french-city-of-dijon-rocked-by-unrest-blamed-on-chechens-seeking-revenge

I couldn’t see it on euronews though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

They would be boycotted and end up out of business.

It's on the BBC news app

I have never been to Sweden yet I have lived in both France and Germany. Most races, cultures, identities are intertwined in Germany. The native Germans have a distaste for certain immigrants, most notable the Turkish but they live and work side by side without any outward issues.

In France the native white French are quite racist towards any immigration and especially to anyone with black skin. You can integrate better as a non French speaking white person than as a fluent black person. It's insane since there are entire regions in France with nothing but French speaking born and raised black population. Racism is everywhere it's disgusting.

The problem though with France is that it's mutual. Black French are just as likely to be racist against black Africans, or against white French. And the African migrants are racist towards everyone, along with a growth in violence/crime especially in the South. I used to spend a lot of time in Montpelier (Provence), and I wouldn't go back anymore because it's no longer a particularly safe destination anymore, with the black gangs. I have a little holiday house in the countryside, and I avoid the population centers because it's simply not safe in the evenings... While the white french would contribute to that feeling of danger, the truth is that it's the groups of black people, and the approaches by two Black guys together pushing for change, smokes, etc that are truly intimidating.

With Germany it really depends on where you are. I lived near Frankfurt for a while, and the Turkish community is cut off. By their own choice. A complete change of language, fashions, and customs once you enter their community, and white people are only tolerated at the fringes. Go any deeper, and you'll be forcibly guided out. I found most Germans to be more tolerant rather than accepting of other races, with the exception of Asians, who are accepted pretty much everywhere.

Integration is only possible when there is the intention by all parties. Many Black people have zero interest in integrating and/or getting employment. France, with it's tax system and dislike of renters, is a hard place to get set up for anything longer than a few months... that in itself isn't about racism, but economics, but it's going to make life very difficult for those who arrive with little, and lacking in education/language (not all Africans speak french well enough to work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

This country is fcuked, I remember years ago meeting an English fella at a bar in Cambodia were he was living, I asked him what made him move there... "I seen the way the UK was going"

It's only now I'm starting to understand what he was on about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Brownie points from the EU - and maybe that longed-for seat on the UN Security Council.

Loads of moolah for human rights lawyers.

Other than that, absolutely nothing.

Advertisement