Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meanwhile in Dijon, France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

antgal23 wrote: »
    I did. Lived there for 7 years

They hate blacks, Indians, the Chinese and gays

They barely tolerate women

But they love Western Europeans and the Yanks
    Was it Saudi Arabia?

The desire to work. So much so, that they are willing to risk their lives, give up all their possessions and existing network, to better their situation.

Whatever about refugee and asylum seekers, to be against immigration entirely does not make sense to me.

At the high end, highly skilled individuals perform work and generate income that is taxed by the government.

So you are saying immigrants have a higher desire to work than the irish?
    Love to see some facts backing your claim there.
    And what do you think unemployed irish would say about it?

s
    antgal23 wrote: »
    I did. Lived there for 7 years

They hate blacks, Indians, the Chinese and gays

They barely tolerate women

But they love Western Europeans and the Yanks

Strange it wasnt like that when i was there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Anyone that grew up in communism had to work, I worked with a Romanian and was talking to him about communism. He said he preferred it because everyone was working , if the police seen you hanging around doing nothing they'd pick you up and find something for you to do .

The work ethic in communist countries is generally bad. There is no incentive to push yourself because there is nothing to achieve. There is/was a lot of ‘looking busy’ however. Chinese people didn’t come here with a sense of entitlement and an out of date rule book for goat herders, that’s the difference, they are a fairly proud people who want to use their own initiative to better their lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Nobody died in your immigrant drug war story (yet)... Yeah, it makes great gains on social media, who doesn't want to see Chechnian men in bad tracksuits walk around with their arms half a metre from their bodies brandishing various weapons so we can all wring our hands about the kebab shop up the road.

Have you forgotten this upstanding refugee already?

amid%20Sanambar%20pic%201.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Or we implement a proper system which expels those immigrants who don't contribute from the country.

It's really easy to do. You track them down and you say "you are a guest to this country, you haven't paid taxes in x amount of time", you give them a deadline to find legitimate work and if they don't you deport them.

And that is how it should be for every nationality whether British immigrants, Asian or African.

Are you talking about British immigrants to Ireland or to France?
    And you talk about giving deadlines to find legitimate work. What would your deadline be?
    And if they've knocked on every door and applied for every job and nobody has hired them then what? You deport them? And if they fled a country where they were persecuted do you send them back even if their life is in danger?

You say it's really easy to do. Is it? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    If I know little you know even less. The health service certainly doesn't operate on a taking care of mates first basis.

You are deluded if you think that certain people have not high levels of access into our health service.
    Well I think the majority of people are pro immigration.

From your above post it is quite obvious what you think is not necessarily what is happening in reality.
    But carry on.
    People should remember once upon a time the Irish went abroad in the 60's-90's when the country was on its arse. That generation was branded by some in the UK, USA etc as thieves, criminals, drunks layabouts and terrorists in the extreme cases. We have short memories as a nation.

Ah yes lets group all immigrants in together to hide the inconvenient truth about the very dodgy ones.
    Ehh sunshine Irish emigrants to US in 60-90 were not branded as thieves or criminals.
    In case you are forgetting Irish emigrants were so well established in the US by then the offspring of one had even become president.
    Now the UK was different due in no small part to some being tramps on the streets or the troubles.
    From talking to people I know most people support immigration. Several people in my company are immigrants and they bring so much to the workplace. Also it's fairly explanatory why countries without immigration don't have problems with immigration because they don't have enough immigrants. I honestly believe the pros of immigration outweigh the few cons.

There you go again with the auld generalisations.
    Now if one of us were to say something like that your buddies would be crawling all over it.

BTW you mentioned one very important word in that post.
    It is WORKPLACE.
    The vast vast majority of immigrants you deal with didn't rock up one day claiming asylum with some spoof story.
    Yeah it helps reverse aging demographics, revitalizes neighbourhoods and areas that are depopulated. They bring culinary and ethnic diversity to the native culture. They open up businesses that provide employment.

What another load of horseshyte.

What fooking use is reversing aging demographics when they contribute nothing?
    Ah the load paying pensions hogwash.
    You can't help [pay for pensions much when you are on the dole yourself.

And as for revitalising neighbourhoods would that be like closing pubs, building mosques, driving out women that don't conform to wear a bag over their head ?

I am not allowed discuss …

Only the ones that cant integrate into our society and follow our laws.
    Shouldnt really be that hard ,and its shouldnt be to much to ask for ,since i am allready a foreginer living in Ireland ,and had no problems with it.

I hear this "integrate" sh1t time and time again.
    What the actual fcuk do you mean by it?

So if Kumar and Fatima arrive from Mumbai do they have to forget all about samosas, and lentil dhal and pakoras and start eating beans on toast and bacon and cabbage? How are you going to police that? Are you going to have the potato police conducting SWAT raids on peoples' houses to make sure they're not clandestinely eating rice or noodles instead of spuds?
    Does Fatima have to burn all her saris and start wearing tracksuits, hoodies, etc? Will they be forced to go to the pub every Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
    Will they be forced to follow a GAA team?

What the hell do you mean by integrate and why is it so important to you to control other people's lives?

If Kumar and Fatima were a pair of recluses who stayed home most of the time and worked from home, say she was an author and he was a programmer. They cooked Indian food, listened to Indian music, skyped with their friends back in Inida, watched 20/20 cricket and went to the Indian centre once a week...they're not exactly "integrating" are they?
    Would you have a problem with that? Because I sure as fcuk wouldn't. Leave them be, I say.

Surely the children of doctors, rocket scientists and brain surgeons wouldn't be involved in such carry on..

What did the parents of those bastards who beat the guy to death outside Annabel's nightclub do for a living?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

So if Kumar and Fatima arrive from Mumbai do they have to forget all about samosas, and lentil dhal and pakoras and start eating beans on toast and bacon and cabbage? How are you going to police that? Are you going to have the potato police conducting SWAT raids on peoples' houses to make sure they're not clandestinely eating rice or noodles instead of spuds?
    Does Fatima have to burn all her saris and start wearing tracksuits, hoodies, etc? Will they be forced to go to the pub every Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

What the hell do you mean by integrate and why is it so important to you to control other people's lives?

If Kumar and Fatima were a pair of recluses who stayed home most of the time and worked from home, say she was an author and he was a programmer. They cooked Indian food, listened to Indian music, skyped with their friends back in Inida, watched 20/20 cricket and went to the Indian centre once a week...they're not exactly "integrating" are they?
    Would you have a problem with that? Because I sure as fcuk wouldn't. Leave them be, I say.

I agree with this. Integration of different races is not practical unless we resort to the use of extreme measures like cultural re-education camps, and nobody really wants that.

That's why immigration of peoples who are ethnically dissimilar from the host population will only lead to strife and division.

• Advertisement

Surely the children of doctors, rocket scientists and brain surgeons wouldn't be involved in such carry on..

And what exactly is your point?

Multiculturalism is great, its easy to remember it's goals.
    Diversity
    Inclusion
    Equity

OR DIE is acceptable.

Did you make that up all by yourself or did you plagiarise it from some BNP website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

We want immigrants to integrate into society, but most Irish went to the Kilburn high road or the Irish centre in Birmingham, Leeds or wherever else they were. You can live or work wherever you want, but I wouldn't like this country to turn into a little England, that's not a racist comment, I just don't think we should take anything from England and copy it for Ireland, because England shouldn't be an example for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Multi-culturalism is going well I see...

They are victims of the Rissian regime! France has saved them from a cruel Russian authorities, giving them refugee status.

Integrating means speaking our language,being involved in our community,pay taxes like anyone else and following the law like anyone else.
    Not living in a ghetto,speak their own language and making their own laws and live of the state.
    You notice the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

sabat wrote: »
    Have you forgotten this upstanding refugee already?

amid%20Sanambar%20pic%201.jpg

Thats one refugee that arrived here and got himself involved in a home grown Irish drugs gang feud. Did you think he was part of a foreign refugee drug gang operating in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Just on "people generally being supportive of immigration", IMO most people in Ireland do not care very much about the issue. They may believe some immigrants are gaming the system and should be sent packing, but they are not going to campaign or vote on the basis that it is a major issue affecting them day to day.

In that sense IMO this forum (rather than whole site) can take on an alt rightish/racist tone, as some posters charged earlier.

Going by the threads that get posted day in and day out, black/muslim immigrants ruining Ireland (or ruining Ireland in future perhaps) is definitely a major, major "hobby horse" here + always good for a new thread, along with a few others (travellers, welfare & dole recipients wasting taxpayers money, public sector pay and conditions, the evils of Sinn Fein, anti-EU rhetoric, and load of threads about [sometimes obscure] happenings in the US or UK).

Gradius wrote: »
    Why do you believe most people are in favour it? I observe countries which large amounts of immigration and I see social division, observed via the likes of the UK and USA.

Are these not the same countries that have a vehement anti-immigration movement? Do you see countries with next to no immigration protesting the fact?

What do you think is going to change this observable retaliation against immigration? More immigration? Less immigration? Do you believe there is any limit? I'm curious how you think.

Comparing immigration pre-2000 anywhere by anyone isn't really comparable to present day when populations can have 10/20/30% extra people within a decade or two. It has never been like this before.

What social division are you talking about in the USA?

I think many can see the difference between Irish people who emigrated work and contribute, versus many people who came here and never contributed a thing, living off the Irish tax payer for the rest of their lives.

Like who?

You don't qualify for the dole unless you've got stamps which you can't get unless you've worked. An EU citizen can't just arrived and go to the dole office and sign on.

So where do you get your information from? What are your figures for foreigners living off the Irish taxpayer for the rest of their lives?

If i was you i would have moved where your wife is from,cause it wont be pretty in western europe in years to come,and eastern european countries seems like the only countries that still have some politicians with common sense left.

Didn't that fool Enoch Powell predict "rivers of blood" in England and that was over 50 years ago.

Are you making the same prediction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Like who?

You don't qualify for the dole unless you've got stamps which you can't get unless you've worked. An EU citizen can't just arrived and go to the dole office and sign on.

So where do you get your information from? What are your figures for foreigners living off the Irish taxpayer for the rest of their lives?

Well how are roma gypsies getting houses then

• Registered Users Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We want immigrants to integrate into society, but most Irish went to the Kilburn high road or the Irish centre in Birmingham, Leeds or wherever else they were. You can live or work wherever you want, but I wouldn't like this country to turn into a little England, that's not a racist comment, I just don't think we should take anything from England and copy it for Ireland, because England shouldn't be an example for anyone.

Thing is, for the most part and I’m using my family as an example, three different families, they went to London & Leeds

Family 1 :

London, my uncle working as an aircraft mechanic in Heathrow for BA. my Aunt for a company who made biscuits, McVities. Socialized in local pubs, bingo, went to the theatre, cinema, mass, wherever. Enjoyed London, tons of English friends, lived in the peaceful suburb of Osterley, went to the Irish clubs. 100% integrated though , friends with their neighbors, work colleagues etc.

Family 2 :

London, my Aunt was originally an in demand well known singer and entertainer, my uncle an Englishman had been a Policeman but both retired early, bought a pub, made good money, worked damn hard and had a great time. Friendly with and friends across the entertainment / sports spectrum and people of regular day to day life...

Never a hand out, only a shoulder to the wheel, of business, hard work, orf adventure, of kindness...

Family 3 : Nottingham.. like the others Q’d for work, groceries and opportunity, worked, no favors or favoritism expected or received. Made a life, contributed to life, took their turn, expected nothing in return, aside from fair days pay, for a fair days work.

It’s a good and decent blueprint.

Uncle said it was great when he first moved there, good community etc, the only time he ever got hassle was after the bombings . But over time more and more Pakistani moved in and all his neighbours moved out, the local pub closed down as they don't drink , all the local shops got bought up and turned into Pakistani shops , mosques etc women going around in full length burkhas , he said women used to get hassled if they walked by mosques wearing skirts . Do you agree with that type of multiculturalism??

So they took over the neighbourhood. But they didn't take it by force of arms, did they?
    As for hassling women in skirts, yeah that's rude and ignorant but it's hardly illegal unless they are making threats.

The demographics of the neighbourhood changed. Agreed but was such a changed effected by nefarious means?
    As for the pub shutting down....in another thread you'd be extolling the virtues of the great capitalist free market and how it separates the winners from the losers. Well I guess the pub owner eventually lost.
    If I open a bar next to a railway station and my bread and butter clientele are a few locals but mostly people getting off the train between say 5pm and 8pm and coming in for a few, especially Friday and then on weekends people taking the train to go shopping, to a match, concert, whatever and then over time the rail services start to be scaled back. More trains pass through than stop at the station. Weekend service becomes practically non-existant and you have to go to the much larger next town over to take the train into the city. My bar will go tits up pretty soon as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Hold on - is that not what the Irish people have been told the last 20 years?

That all these people would work and integrate?

If there is 'bad' ones to use your analogy - we should absolutely not be accepting them.

It's sad that such common sense has to be spelled out to some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If I know little you know even less. The health service certainly doesn't operate on a taking care of mates first basis.

The innocence.

Hell of a lot of assumptions there champ...

No more so than the plethora of assumptions on here that immigrants just want to sponge, they wreck the local economy, they mistreat their own and native women.

People are even assuming that the Arabs in Dijon are immigrants.

They're already here.
    Have a look outside the kebab shops and chippies they set up, any given evening. Young girls hanging around outside and inside eating chips and burgers. It'd be foolish not to think the same opportunities that existed in the UK won't be exploited here too.

Oh FFS, are you for real?

Young girls hang around EVERYWHERE with there mates and meet boys. Ice cream parlours, St Stephen's Green, McDonalds......maybe Ronald McDonald is the emperor of the global paedophile cartel.

Didn't that fool Enoch Powell predict "rivers of blood" in England and that was over 50 years ago.

Are you making the same prediction?

No i am just seeing a pattern
    How many riots was in Europe before mass immigration started?
    You are able to see the bigger picture?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

biko wrote: »
    Population: 155,114

People or weapons?

Advertisement