Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meanwhile in Dijon, France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, all those nasty brown people - most of them are likely paedos.

We don't need that sort of thing in Ireland.

Meanwhile...........

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0615/1147525-75-year-old-man-jailed-for-20-years-for-repeated-rape-a/

Yes, he should be locked away forever.
    What is your point? That countries have rapists even without grooming gangs?
    Isn't it enough that we already have monsters like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

People to pay for your pension.

Do you honestly think that Nigerians are gonna pay for our pension ... I'd say they've cost the state hundreds of millions, to look after since they came here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

The place has gone to hell. It's now a complete ****hole infested with racists. The site was dying on it's arse pre-covid so I can only assume that the powers that be have decided to tolerate the alt-right invasion in order to keep the lights on. In fairness the fascists do post a lot. Unfortunately it's usually about how terrible foreigners are.

It's not 'infested with racists' anymore than it's infested with extreme leftism. If you can't handle opposing opinion and robust discussions go over to after hours and discuss the etiquette of taking a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Do you honestly think that Nigerians are gonna pay for our pension ... I'd say they've cost the state hundreds of millions, to look after since they came here.

I'm sure you would say it, probably down the pub after a few pints and maybe a few of your slack-jawed mates would nod along with you and hope you shut up soon.

anyway, there's a nasty bang of racism off the thread. I'll leave you guys to trigger each other.

• Advertisement

Nothing to see here, just a few lads out for a Sunday stroll.

Just like the coronavirus, bullets from an AK-47 have no effect if you are from the correct diverse background.

Meanwhile...........

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0615/1147525-75-year-old-man-jailed-for-20-years-for-repeated-rape-a/

I dont think this incident will cover for the girls raped by Asian men of pakistani origin that uses religion as an excuse to be allowed to rape innocent girls and then being hidden by media in fear of political correctness.
    It could be as many as 73 towns in the UK these gangs operate.

In the tragic cases of child sexual abuse by Roman Catholics or Anglicans, there is no inhibition about identifying these faith traditions, yet there appears to be a degree of censorship when it comes to identifying abusers who call themselves Muslim, or who use warped interpretations of Islam to justify their abhorrent acts. This kind of political correctness is a source of profound frustration and hurt for those, such as Sarah, who have been abducted, raped and trafficked by grooming gangs. Presumably, it is fear of accusations of racism or Islamophobia that has resulted in the religious identity of these abusers being hidden. However, it is important to recognise reality, because this characteristic often affects the nature of the abuse and suffering inflicted.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Lords/2019-05-14/debates/349FA275-CB65-45C0-87C7-EE16D1FD1B0A/GroomingGangs

It just shows how absurd the society have become and how much power the media have.
    The media have actually helped to hide these rapists because of islamophopia excuses and political correctness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Meanwhile...........

I think you'll also find Irish teenagers commit absolutely no crime as well. No vandalism, antisocial behaviour, drug dealing, assaults, nothing. It's all a new development brought on by those foreign sorts. Everything knows pre immigration Ireland was like the shire from Lord of the rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

anyway, there's a nasty bang of racism off the thread. I'll leave you guys to trigger each other.

Maybe it’s just sense. That’s becoming more common

xtal191 wrote: »

Is that first Instagram video the car that we see in the last (NSFW) twitter link?

• Advertisement

I'm sure you would say it, probably down the pub after a few pints and maybe a few of your slack-jawed mates would nod along with you and hope you shut up soon.

Am I wrong though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭afatbollix

biko wrote: »
    Look at UK. Whatever happens there now will be here in 5/10 years.
    Look at Rotherham, Luton, Rochdale etc where 1000s of children have been abused and tortured by immigrants for many years.
    Why do people want this for our children?

For all we know grooming gangs could already be here. The UK police kept it a secret for years, what's not to say the Garda will too?

Now that we have got rid of the paedophiles priests do people want to invite more paedophiles?

The warnings are there, and to me every abused child is not of my doing but the person who invited the abusers.

I atually don't think it will effect Ireland that much as Ireland had the church which was full of pedos and Irish people are now very aware of what happened.

Would I leave a kid with a priest or someone in power now? No yet it was the done thing only 15 years ago.

They didn't have many pedo scandals in the UK until recently, No one was wise that it happens right under your nose which people in Ireland have learned from.

TLDR, Ban priests, and football coaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    I think you'll also find Irish teenagers commit absolutely no crime as well. No vandalism, antisocial behaviour, drug dealing, assaults, nothing. It's all a new development brought on by those foreign sorts. Everything knows pre immigration Ireland was like the shire from Lord of the rings.

Literally no one makes this argument. When you constantly have to misrepresent people, it means you're likely wrong.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

We in Ireland have always in a society now where the law and what is openly talked about doesn't apply equally to everyone.

In the past, in Ireland if you had the right connections, you could bypass all the hoops others had to jump through. In some parts of society, this is still very much true.

However, there is a new form of inequality - that of identical actions getting radically different coverage in the media, and treatment under the law.

Contrast the treatment of the Debenhams workers for breaching lockdown with the treatment of the BLM protests.

If something happens where the identity of the perpetrator(s) is carefully hidden in the reports, you can be sure it is either a traveller or an immigrant. If it is plastered all over the papers, it will be a white straight Irish male. Look at the Syl Fox case. An old man wrongly accused, yet his life was destroyed.

Either identify everyone or no one. You can't have it both ways.

There is clearly racism in Ireland. I believe in fairness and equality, but this type of utter social justice nonsense is encouraging widespread racist attitudes rather than healing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Am I wrong though ?

you are, I have many tax paying nigerian born friends - probably paying for you to post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I wouldn't mind but there was videos on YouTube years ago predicting all this...large mobs with guns involved in a race war... They were labelled conspiracy theorists

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

The UK has a serious issue with 2nd and 3rd generation immigrant children which is perhaps the most worrying aspect of all of this.

They have not integrated and have no intention of integrating. I'm not sure the prevalence among Afican origin of this problem but it's a huge issue with the sub-continent immigrants.

Ask anyone from the northern cities in England in particular and they'll tell you right away the problems that are mounting and they are scared. They are scared for their cities, their towns and what the future holds.

People react to that then and you get things like Brexit and further down the line who knows what.

I've spent enough time in the English north and midlands and agree entirely with this. I don't need right wing twitter or forums to tell me what has been plain to see from my own eyes. Despite the big efforts from charities and local authorities, these issues are mounting.

I have said elsewhere all this propelled many to vote for Brexit and in the UK we even saw in December how many traditional Labour voters in northern towns deserted Labour and did something they never thought they would ever do and vote Tory.

Planned and modest immigration, good. Too much, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanthePirate

biko wrote: »
    Thank you for registering to add to the discussion.
    Should you take offence to posts made on boards you can use the report button provided next to each post.

Maybe I appear far-right to you because you are far-left?
    How about we meet in the middle and discuss what you think is wrong with my post?

Do you think grooming gang won't happen here in Ireland?
    Do you think people shouldn't be able to posts comments expressing worry that it will happen here too?

You are right. I am a mod in many forums, but my worries about child grooming doesn't affect my ability to be a good and fair mod. Those things are separate from each other.

I think that if you are going to go down that route then you must think countries like Australia and America must dread the mass immigration by Irish considering how our government knowingly allowed and covered up the abuse of hundreds of thousands of Irish boys and girls over a period spanning decades. Not to mention what Irish priests did on missionaries in some of the most vulnerable places in the world.

How many countries can make that claim? Only Ireland to the best of my knowledge. Oh and Irish-Americans in Boston too.

Of course despite the amount of paedophile scandals coming out of Ireland and carried out by Irish I don't think Irish immigration to countries means grooming gangs are coming because I am Irish and the actions of a minority don't represent me or my country. I am also not a ****ing idiot.

So no, I don't think having a certain religious belief makes you more likely to be a paedophile and I wouldn't be as small brained as to tar a dispora of over a billion people as likely to be paedophiles.

On a final note it is users like you that turned this site into a ghost town filled only with right wing posters who have questionable grammar. The fact that the admins have no issue with you being mod and spouting this crap reflects terribly on boards.ie and any advertisers that they still have (or have advertisers pulled out of this rustbucket already?)

I wouldn't mind but there was videos on YouTube years ago predicting all this...large mobs with guns involved in a race war... They were labelled conspiracy theorists

Very true. I think about the Lois Theroux documentary years ago with the KKK in the USA and they seemed like kooky bigots with their heads in the clouds. They predicted a race war in the states for years and it does seem to be heading that way.

There is not a single example of a multicultural country in global history that hasn't been without serious ethnic or racial tension.

It's funny how detached from reality the left has become. They used to be the sane ones or so I thought.

you are, I have many tax paying nigerian born friends - probably paying for you to post here.

He'll probably then start bitching about them taking Irish jobs next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Thats strange,cause in Sweden it seems to be the opposite of what you are saying.
    Most of the shooters and victims are unemployed young men with immigrant backgrounds, under 30 years of age, living in disadvantaged neighbourhoods and often without a high school diploma.
    https://www.thelocal.se/20190704/in-depth-whats-behind-the-rise-in-gang-violence-across-sweden

They stopped recording the ethnicity of sex crime perpetrators. Wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanthePirate

It's not 'infested with racists' anymore than it's infested with extreme leftism. If you can't handle opposing opinion and robust discussions go over to after hours and discuss the etiquette of taking a ****.

It's a full on alt right Neo Nazi site these days. Just look at some of the comments.

Other Irish forums are nowhere like this because the overwhelming consensus in Ireland is support of multiculturalism and tolerance.

Boards.ie seems to be getting progressively worse with racist views, I imagine many of the advertisers currently keeping the lights on will reconsider advertising on this site if this trend continues. It's already pretty brutal.

This site used to be so busy, some great topics and really good atmosphere but slowly the race topics started flooding in, racist users joined and started saying nasty things, most of them could barely spell so the quality of the posts went down and then we had these never ending circular talking points about why other races are bad. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows that someone being from a different country, or skin colour or religion doesn't automatically make them bad so the smart people got tired of boards.ie and left in absolute droves. It was like a brain drain and in its place came all the alt right users we see today.

They stopped recording the ethnicity of sex crime perpetrators. Wonder why.

Probably to stop the constant dogwhistling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Very true. I think about the Lois Theroux documentary years ago with the KKK in the USA and they seemed like kooky bigots with their heads in the clouds. They predicted a race war in the states for years and it does seem to be heading that way.

There is not a single example of a multicultural country in global history that hasn't been without serious ethnic or racial tension.

It's funny how detached from reality the left has become. They used to be the sane ones or so I thought.

Hence why I'm not a leftie anymore... I grew up

He'll probably then start bitching about them taking Irish jobs next.

Doubt it, I've worked in construction for 20 years and never seen one working on a building site .

Doubt it, I've worked in construction for 20 years and never seen one working on a building site .

One what?

The UK has a serious issue with 2nd and 3rd generation immigrant children which is perhaps the most worrying aspect of all of this.

They have not integrated and have no intention of integrating. I'm not sure the prevalence among Afican origin of this problem but it's a huge issue with the sub-continent immigrants.

Ask anyone from the northern cities in England in particular and they'll tell you right away the problems that are mounting and they are scared. They are scared for their cities, their towns and what the future holds.

People react to that then and you get things like Brexit and further down the line who knows what.

You'd almost swear you disagree with Brexit based on that statement :pac:

On a final note it is users like you that turned this site into a ghost town filled only with right wing posters who have questionable grammar. The fact that the admins have no issue with you being mod and spouting this crap reflects terribly on boards.ie and any advertisers that they still have (or have advertisers pulled out of this rustbucket already?)

Oddly enough, I believe that it's posters like yourself who seek to shutdown discussion that have driven so many posters away from boards. It no longer matters whether someone presents a logical/reasoned argument, someone will come along to cry "racist!". It gets tiresome having to deal with those who won't post in good faith, and won't stand behind their reputations (established logins) when crying "Racist!". It's hard to have an opinion that doesn't conform with the wave of intolerant woke posters who need to show their outrage.

So, if you really cared about the site, you'd be engaging with the post rather than showing your outrage. Discuss with him, and oppose his post with a logical and reasoned argument... rather than seeking to "shame" him.

Cool, we have 2 Nigerian installers on our books, our tech guy is also African, but he's from Togo - I'd imagine they're all the same to you though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Probably to stop the constant dogwhistling

Yes, that was it, I’m sure. Better to prevent collection of any evidence of a problem and risk it being called out, than address any underlying problem itself. Smart, can’t see any downside to that.

Advertisement