Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meanwhile in Dijon, France

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Meanwhile in Dijon.
    This American commentator has his money on the Chechen's to win in Dijon.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/more-from-dijon-the-revolution-will-be-tik-tokked/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Gradius wrote: »
    Well that's lively.

An honest, rhetorical question for everyone to ask themselves, left, right, up, down, whatever...

Observing the real world around you, do you think things are going to get better in terms of the acceptance of immigration? That more and more immigration into countries will calm things down? If so, why?

Even consider the online discourse, forget everything else. Has this been a welcome development? Is it not the very harbinger of pure division in society? Forget immigrants, what about the fact, right here, that Irish people are at complete loggerheads with each other over very serious issues. Divisions that quite clearly translate into real life.

The seeds of division are already here, just look how quick and controversial videos like the one of that young lad getting stabbed in Cork got around, it's all downhill from here. In a few years we'll look back and think we had a chance , we could have looked at other countries and seen the problems but no "diversity is our strength" or insert some other oul nonsense saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

That’s what we want you to think.

What hospital is this? Our Lady of the Aryan Brotherhood?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Would love to see the numbers for this, a ‘ton’ is a bit ambiguous when counting people.

One thing i regularly notice is the sheer amount of foreign often African so called doctors who are taken to the medical council for fraud or malpractice/complete incompetence. It’s scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

One thing i regularly notice is the sheer amount of foreign often African so called doctors who are taken to the medical council for fraud or malpractice/complete incompetence. It’s scary.

Misunderstandings.

• Advertisement

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    What hospital is this? Our Lady of the Aryan Brotherhood?

Did you get that off stormfront?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Misunderstandings.

I sometimes wonder do the hse employ ppl as doctors with immediate full pay once they can fax in some shoddy forged qualifications to Bridie at head office

Surgical operations now, basic CV checks later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

You know what lads? Some of the **** being posted here wouldn't look out of place on the stormfront forum.

Is that a forum to talk about the weather ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

biko wrote: »
    Look at UK. Whatever happens there now will be here in 5/10 years.
    Look at Rotherham, Luton, Rochdale etc where 1000s of children have been abused and tortured by immigrants for many years.
    Why do people want this for our children?

For all we know grooming gangs could already be here. The UK police kept it a secret for years, what's not to say the Garda will too?

Now that we have got rid of the paedophiles priests do people want to invite more paedophiles?

The warnings are there, and to me every abused child is not of my doing but the person who invited the abusers.

This is like a sketch from Brass Eye. I don't know how you get out bed in the morning worrying about all the immigrants waiting to abuse you and your family. You need to get out and get some fresh air.

Meanwhile in Dijon.
    This American commentator has his money on the Chechen's to win in Dijon.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/more-from-dijon-the-revolution-will-be-tik-tokked/

They're a fairly tough group of people , they fought the Russians in two brutal wars not so long ago, I remember reading that the Russian mafia give the chechans a wide berth in Moscow because they're so violent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

They're a fairly tough group of people , they fought the Russians in two brutal wars not so long ago, I remember reading that the Russian mafia give the chechans a wide berth in Moscow because they're so violent

Mad for the generalisations, sure aren't we all drunks :pac:

The lads here are certainly on strong stuff the ****e they're talking

Truthfully I don't drink , when I was in America they were gobsmacked meeting an Irishman that didn't drink.

It's terrible to have a different opinion than someone

Truthfully I don't drink , when I was in America they were gobsmacked meeting an Irishman that didn't drink.

I know, me either. Kinda annoying that one would be prejudged like that isn't it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Just read a report. 10 people injured.

Doesn’t sound like much of a war. Terrible to see violence and all.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I asked earlier why someone thinks immigration is going to turn it's fortunes around in terms of acceptance. Some answered that it won't and why they think it won't.

You seem to be in favourable toward immigration. Would you like to answer the question too? Just for balance.

Based on realistic observation, not desired expectation.

I know, me either. Kinda annoying that one would be prejudged like that isn't it.

I know you're trying to throw a dig in there but honestly it didnt bother me what they though, sticks and stones ....

Gradius wrote: »
    I asked earlier why someone thinks immigration is going to turn it's fortunes around in terms of acceptance. Some answered that it won't and why they think it won't.

You seem to be in favourable toward immigration. Would you like to answer the question too? Just for balance.

Based on realistic observation, not desired expectation.

Well I think the majority of people are pro immigration. People should remember once upon a time the Irish went abroad in the 60's-90's when the country was on its arse. That generation was branded by some in the UK, USA etc as thieves, criminals, drunks layabouts and terrorists in the extreme cases. We have short memories as a nation.

I know you're trying to throw a dig in there but honestly it didnt bother me what they though, sticks and stones ....

Maybe it doesn't bother you, but it bothered me being asked what did I drink for breakfast today - every day. This is also a great point you make, there are many people of different races who don't pay any mind to slurs or general racism - and there are many who it upsets a lot.

Overall, it's unacceptable and shouldn't be what people experience based on nothing but where they come from or look like.

No dig, just trying to add another perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭OMD

Really?
    How many?
    Enlighten us

Maybe it doesn't bother you, but it bothered me being asked what did I drink for breakfast today - every day. This is also a great point you make, there are many people of different races who don't pay any mind to slurs or general racism - and there are many who it upsets a lot.

Overall, it's unacceptable and shouldn't be what people experience based on nothing but where they come from or look like.

No dig, just trying to add another perspective.

Exactly if English people were tarring the Irish like this these lads would be going ballistic

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Okay, going down the colour route is a cheap shot and narrow minded to put it lightly

Let's have an informed debate about the European project!

They tell us immigration is good but clearly the way France, German, Italy have gone it's not the case...

I personally think the EU project was to allow cheap labour for multi nationals to grow

What also bugs me about debates here is if you mention one thing people label you immediately - that's bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

OMD wrote: »
    Really?
    How many?
    Enlighten us

I don't know about Ireland, but in the UK it's like this:

Foreign-trained doctors are responsible for 60 per cent of sex assaults on patients - despite making up a third of NHS medics.

https://nationalfile.com/uk-foreign-doctors-behind-60-of-nhs-sexual-assaults-in-last-3-years/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Well I think the majority of people are pro immigration. People should remember once upon a time the Irish went abroad in the 60's-90's when the country was on its arse. That generation was branded by some in the UK, USA etc as thieves, criminals, drunks layabouts and terrorists in the extreme cases. We have short memories as a nation.

Why do you believe most people are in favour it? I observe countries which large amounts of immigration and I see social division, observed via the likes of the UK and USA.

Are these not the same countries that have a vehement anti-immigration movement? Do you see countries with next to no immigration protesting the fact?

What do you think is going to change this observable retaliation against immigration? More immigration? Less immigration? Do you believe there is any limit? I'm curious how you think.

Comparing immigration pre-2000 anywhere by anyone isn't really comparable to present day when populations can have 10/20/30% extra people within a decade or two. It has never been like this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭enricoh

Jesus, good luck to the French cops. I'd be ordering in airstrikes to help out!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

I think the UK tightened up its immigration in the last decade as it knew it had a big problem integrating whole communities of immigrants

Is Ireland ready to have an informed debate on controlling immigration?

antgal23 wrote: »
    I think the UK tightened up its immigration in the last decade as it knew it had a big problem integrating whole communities of immigrants

Is Ireland ready to have an informed debate on controlling immigration?

No, not when any discussion is immediately shutdown with accusations of racism, that is the strategy to avoid debate, and it is working. Look at the child minister and her bearded children from Calais, no one willing to call her out as a gullible fool for being hoodwinked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nesta2018

Do you mean the effects of multiculturalism on white protestant Americans or what? It has always been a mish mash of cultures over there.

You see, that just sounds like wilful misunderstanding and assumption that Prof Puttnam has some kind of agenda. He has said himself that the results of his findings made him very uncomfortable and were in conflict with his own beliefs. And it hasn't "always been a mish mash of cultures over there", America's model has not been multiculturalism but assimilation into a dominant culture, whatever you think of that culture.

Anecdotally I've lived in different places and I do find multicultural neighbourhoods unfriendly and fragmented. People stick to their own in general. This is definitely becoming the case in Ireland and I know people who have left neighbourhoods for that reason. The unfriendliness to outsiders is not limited to Irish people so it's hard to hear this scolding narrative that we are hostile and racist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

enricoh wrote: »
    Jesus, good luck to the French cops. I'd be ordering in airstrikes to help out!
    One photo of one (of many) division sent in makes the LAPDSWAT look like choirboys:
    MpRKm2G.png

Advertisement