Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MK7 golf mirror mounting

Options
  • 16-06-2020 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So after a knock from a ball, my drivers wing mirror is hanging off. All cover/plastic and glass are fine, the damage is internal - hinge/bracket for mounting mirror is broken.
    Does anyone know of anyplace that would sell the hinge thing or remount my own mirror as opposed to replacing the whole thing? Its one of those mirrors that folds in when car is locked with little light on the bottom.
    Have tried some breakers yards with no luck.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That's the main part of the mirror housing itself it only comes as one with the outer plastic. The only bits available separately are the glass, the painted cap and the indicator lens. The rest only comes as one item.

Be careful you get one from a high spec Golf too to make sure it has the motors for power fold and the puddle light. They are expensive but not clinically insane from VW, around €180 iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Full wing mirror for my Outlander is 300 or thereabouts, so 180 isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shellmc

Got a price from VW for the frame (excludes glass and back cover) €209+ vat to buy without them fitting it

Advertisement