Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Nest 3rd Gen and Hot Water control

Options
  • 16-06-2020 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had an install of the 3rd gen Nest last week, happy with it so far and the installer dude was a pleasure to deal with.

However one point I'm not clear on - installer indicated that although my boiler has separate zones for Hot Water and Radiator control, he was unable to wire the Nest to control the HW zone because that would require a Registered Gas Installer to open the boiler.

Can you confirm if this is the case - i.e. are Electric Ireland requiring customers to hire a separate RGI to complete the Nest install, at customer's own expense, despite the fact that both my electicity and gas are supplied by EI? Somewhat surprising, since I would assume that EI employs many RGIs?

Thanks,

Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Darragh,

Thanks for choosing the Electric Ireland Nest offer.

We just need to advise that while we can give some general information about the Nest thermostat here in Electric Ireland Social Media, a query like yours above is one that needs to be put to the dedicated Home Energy Services team directly.

Their contact details are towards the end of this page (the quickest way to speak with them is through phone or chat).

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement