Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I get that but why would you change from miles to kms for pictures, just doesn't make sense.

I seen that car in Cork actually, reg snubs won't be keen on a Louth reg 😂

I've always liked Nardo grey in the Audi range but it seems a bit flat on the VWs, nice car but not for me.

This in VW Western Galway?

Because if it isn't I seen a very, very, very similar one during the week when I was up in Galway on my holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yes Western. It only arrived into them yesterday though.

Seen the back arse of what I thought was a CS on the way over to Mourne abbey on Wednesday and I seen on VW Western page that night they had an edition or CS in stock on their website so I put two/two together and thought it was on the road already. 🙃

I'm down in Killarney on Thursday and one of the VW garages down along has a 70k R, might drop in for a look of that too.

Getting withdrawals waiting for the CS. 😂

• Advertisement

status on mine is unchanged in 3 weeks now. Hopefully the ships get moving again soon.

Ya the two pinged earlier, the Parana/Patara are still nowhere near Emden.

I'm expecting, rather hoping, it's the middle of September at the latest.

Car arrived, dealer just rang which is great timing as I'm on the way to sell mine as I type. 😂

Will call to the dealer tomorrow or later and get pics and post them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Happy days!

Sneak peak, I was too excited asking a million questions so herself took a picture or two.

I'll get proper pictures up once I take delivery of it, it's only just off the boat and down from Dublin.

Quick note and one thing they're rectifying, the factory fitted a CS door with decals on the driver side and a standard GTi door on the passenger side, hence no CS decals on one side so new decals are on the way and will be fitted before final delivery.

Really excited now for it.

• Advertisement

Wow, VW’s production really isn’t filling me with confidence. How could they miss the door sticker?!!

Its not a case of fitting the wrong door Gav. The doors are identical on all the Mk8 Golfs. They just “forgot” to fit the sticker to it.

I'll be making sure to go over with a fine tooth comb once it's ready, especially for the extras to make sure nothing wasnt added and other things like scratches and marks.

I told them not to wash or detail it as I'll go to D n D detailing in Cork to get it done properly myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Looks good Gav!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MoJoCaine

Eventually got these fitted. Did like the Adelaide's but with these roads it's nearly impossible

to keep wheels in mint condition. Now stored safely in the garage. Wanted a set that looked

half decent and also highlight the overall "black" look. Veemann VC520 gloss black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

I’m on the lookout for an early MK7 Golf GTI and thought here might be a good place to look. Must be dsg and preferably a 5 dr. I know prices are nuts at the moment so I’m probably not going to find any value but just can’t really justify buying a MK6 GTI. Anyone looking to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭carsfan2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Test drove a Mk7 GTD today and was shocked at how well it drove compared to my 320d. Going to look at at another one tomorrow and maybe also an ST Focus diesel and A4 190hp.

Is there anything I need to look out for on these ? My mate who works for Skoda says very little goes wrong with the engines but looking to see what people here think.

Also wondering what makes the gtd/vrs engine different to the 2.0 150hp. Is is just a map or different turbo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Might be worth adding the Leon FR to the list, they had a 184hp engine. Also worth looking at a remap for these diesels as apparently it really transforms them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭carsfan2

That’s a pity.

Seat Leon cupra might also be worth a look?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I've a feeling the one I drove today was remapped. Though not 100% sure. It pulled great through all gears and handled well. Was just a little rough looking outside for €20k

I think the Leons are a bit bland inside, same reason why I struck the vRS off my list.

Going to look at another one tomorrow and maybe an ST on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Had to cancel my order a few weeks back. Will have to start avoiding this thread!

Not the end of the world but they said they won’t give back the deposit till the car is sold. I thought this was a bit odd since I never received the build date or any communications other than messing with the numbers which put me off a bit (not the main reason I cancelled). Thought that before a build date is confirmed you could get the deposit back?

You should definitely be getting that deposit back.

This is from the contract I signed when I put the deposit down on mine.

Note, Clause 9

No, I wouldn’t be happy with that. It’s not the first time I’ve heard of this happening in recent times either. Sure, it was a bespoke order but it was very early on, there’s no chance it was allocated a build week so they could have cancelled it or reallocated it.

If you paid it with a credit card, look into applying for a “charge back”.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nice example of a late Mk7.5 GTi Performance for sale here:

https://www.carsireland.ie/2921333

Nearly 200kms on the car since picking up this morning at 10.30.

Hard to describe it but it's even better than I could have imagined.

It's mad when you want it to be and it's relaxing and comfortable for 95% of the time you'll actually use it.

I'll probably put another 200+ Kms on it tomorrow take it down west Cork/Kerry direction, no point not enjoying it.

Hey, so that’s where my car is 😄

looks cracking Gav, well wear, you’re obviously delighted with it!

Couldn't be happier TBH Joe. 😁

Big stupid grin when pushing it a bit and a nice little stroll down dual carriage way too.

Had 2 adult passengers in the back too and their only real complaint was the front seats are so massive you can't see much from the rear and after getting in myself to see if it was that bad I can confirm there's not much to see out the front as a rear passenger.

It maybe an issue if you've got young kids in baby/kids seats, theyed be hard to reach but the space in the back is good.

Yeah those seats are bulky alright with the integrated headrests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭eggy81

Thats a beautiful car gav. Well wear. What economy was it giving on the motorway roughly.

Advertisement