Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nearly 10k more than the m135i, between that and the 128ti VW will be under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

boc121 wrote: »
    The 62k price is probably with drift and the Akrapovic exhaust as they will be extras no??

You'll need to spec the Performance pack for drift mode and the Akrapovic is likely to be a further extra on top again. I'd expect it to be 70k+ with these options.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

hooch-85 wrote: »
    You'll need to spec the Performance pack for drift mode and the Akrapovic is likely to be a further extra on top again. I'd expect it to be 70k+ with these options.

That's crazy money:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSfzJBI1Afo

Skip forward to about 4 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

I've a mk7.5 its got more than enough power I'll admit. But I really thought they would have upped the bhp to 330 plus. At 62k I really can't see a move to the mk8 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Hmmmm,

Having nurburg and drift modes is a bit much now I see it. Thinking about the drift mode too, I presume they are still running a haldex type set up which can not send more than 50% to the rear so looks like the drift mode just puts the torque on the rear axle to the outside wheel, so not as advanced as the ford stuff by the looks of it, and the demo on the skid pan prob shows this. A fwd car can drift on a skid pan ffs. Also that video says 18inch brake discs on the performance model which is a pretty big mistake to allow into the first promo video.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Forgetting about the cost for a minute, I think it looks absolutely class. And a lot nicer than the GTI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Forgetting about the cost for a minute, I think it looks absolutely class. And a lot nicer than the GTI

Agreed, it looks class. Finally an R that looks better than the GTI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Definitely, it's class looking. I might be able to afford one around 2025 if I'm lucky but I'm happy enough with my mk7 for another few years yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

Is it just me or does that drift mode look massively underwhelming even in a skid pan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Nearly 10k more than the m135i, between that and the 128ti VW will be under pressure.

I was thinking that. That's a fair chunk of change for a car with a more logical interior (no silly sliders for climate control for example)

I could even tolerance the face of a M135 for that difference. I'd be giving serious consideration to the 128 or 135 if I was shopping

Oh, having seen a few MK8 Golfs in the flesh, the front of the MK8 is a lot worse than the MK7.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

New product guide online with 2021 pricing incl club sport.

Club sport seems the best choice

Also Dealer confirmed today the wheel upgrades etc, do increase the VRT rate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

moleyv wrote: »
    New product guide online with 2021 pricing incl club sport.

Club sport seems the best choice

Link? Can only find the old ones on the site

Below

• Registered Users Posts: 28,945 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I see they've started colour coding the part of the light that goes into the wing. Still doesn't hide how ugly it is no matter how much they try hide it.

It’s nuts how 300hp club sport is the same VRT band as 245 GTI, but the wheels puts it over into the higher band

Standard wheels ruin the look. Needs the 19” upgrade.
    Club sport will outsell the standard car hugely especially as on pcp will be practically the same I’d guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

It’s nuts how 300hp club sport is the same VRT band as 245 GTI, but the wheels puts it over into the higher band

OK, so the standard GTI (DSG) is 168. The CS is somehow 1g lower at 167.

According to the configurator, the 19's adds 3g to the standard car, putting it at 171 and therefore the higher band.

If you add the same 3g to the CS, then its 170g, which is just about still inside the lower band.

Crazy if that turns out to be the case - that a CS with the same wheels is cheaper on VRT/road tax than the lesser car.

• Advertisement

Interesting on the wheels, I incorrectly thought the next VRT band started at 170 but it is 171. I’m sending my preferred config to the dealer for a price.

Do VW ever do 0% PCP on GTIs?

Also is there potentially a better deal to be done with the dealer if they think it will be on finance?

I normally buy outright but even 1.9% is appealing to free up money.

Anyone thoughts on the GFMV amount for having a good deposit going into the next car?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭PaulRyan97

€7k between the GTE and the GTI DSG, that's a huge difference but I'm not sure how many GTI buyers would be attracted to something like the GTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

Can someone explain to me how there is no price increase for the manual GTI but the DSG is €2.5k more expensive now?

Do VW ever do 0% PCP on GTIs?

Also is there potentially a better deal to be done with the dealer if they think it will be on finance?

I normally buy outright but even 1.9% is appealing to free up money.

Anyone thoughts on the GFMV amount for having a good deposit going into the next car?

They have done 0% on and off but more typically it has been 1.9%. I’d be surprised if they do the new GTI / R at 0%. I see the GTE is at 4.9% for some reason. They might offer deposit contributions too. My Dad just ordered a new Tiguan and it’s 1k deposit contribution on that.

GFMV on VW’s is typically around 37-40%. So on a 52k Clubsport I’d say it will be around 21k. Your deposit makes no difference to the fixed GMFV figure. The more deposit you put in (up to a max of 30%), the less your monthly payment will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

SaintsYB wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how there is no price increase for the manual GTI but the DSG is €2.5k more expensive now?

I noticed that and it seems VW are out of touch completely with pricing. Aside from the GTE I think the rest of the range is massively overpriced

BMW 128TI anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Casati wrote: »

BMW 128TI anybody?

BMW are doing 1.9% on the 135i so I assume they'll do the same with the 128ti.
    I like the looks of the BMW in the flesh the pictures don't do it justice and the interior is a very nice place to be with easy controls. Nearly pulled the trigger on one late last year, was getting a good discount on the RRP.

BMW are doing 1.9% on the 135i so I assume they'll do the same with the 128ti.
    I like the looks of the BMW in the flesh the pictures don't do it justice and the interior is a very nice place to be with easy controls. Nearly pulled the trigger on one late last year, was getting a good discount on the RRP.

You’d have a 128ti on the road with a few nice options for the price of the dsg gti.
    I am surprised BMW doing 1.9 per cent. I have never seen them go that low?
    What sort of discount was achievable percentage wise? Comparable to VW?

carsfan2 wrote: »
    You’d have a 128ti on the road with a few nice options for the price of the dsg gti.
    I am surprised BMW doing 1.9 per cent. I have never seen them go that low?
    What sort of discount was achievable percentage wise? Comparable to VW?

Friend of mine was pricing a 135. Not much offered in the way of a discount. €2k maybe. I suspect VW would be similar. BMW are doing a 4 year PCP option too, which obviously helps make the monthlies more manageable. Also, the deal works out cheaper if you commit to keeping under 15k kms per year. Higher GFV for lower miles.

• Advertisement

4 year PCP is a decent option IMO..... With a small deposit it's very transparent pricing on the cost (as with all PCP really).... 4th year smooths out (false) equity hopes IMO.

Advertisement