Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

It's 100% a tci surely? It has the correct seats, gear lever, steering wheel etc. Who'd actually go the the trouble of retrofitting all those?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

That's a bit odd alright but it's definitely a TCR. It has all the TCR gubbins (diffuser, wheels, seats, steering wheel, etc). You might as well have bought a TCR in the first place if you retrofitted those.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

It’s a TCR alright but the mis-placed badging would have me checking for signs of accident damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

JoeA3 wrote: »
    It’s a TCR alright but the mis-placed badging would have me checking for signs of accident damage.

That's how I would read it. Keep an eye out for any damage and get a report to make sure it's not got any CAT ratings.

I've seen a pic online (this thread maybe?) of a GTD with the GTD badge on the wrong side on the boot.

You could delete the large chequered decals higher up on the doors but not the "TCR" badging. There's probably an innocent explanation for it, but one to check over if you were looking all the same.

I don't think the black paintwork does the car any favours anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is it possible that the TCR sticker didn't come out of the factory on the car, and it was part of the PDI that somebody done wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

JoeA3 wrote: »

I don't think the black paintwork does the car any favours anyway.

Was there 2 blacks, a standard and pearl effect? Hard to tell from the photos.

I really like the mk7 in black...my old mk4 had a metallic black and looked very well polished up..

Was there 2 blacks, a standard and pearl effect? Hard to tell from the photos.

I really like the mk7 in black...my old mk4 had a metallic black and looked very well polished up..

No, just one black. They used to do a flat (non metallic) black but not since the MK4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Morning all, trying to source a set of these rubber mats for my GTI. Can only find LHD sets online though. Would anyone have a recommendation of where to possibly source RHD versions?

2020-12-01-10-12-27-NEW-GENUINE-VW-Golf-VII-GTI-Variant-Alltrack-rubber-mats-floor-mats-4-pieces-E.png

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

eljono wrote: »
    Morning all, trying to source a set of these rubber mats for my GTI. Can only find LHD sets online though. Would anyone have a recommendation of where to possibly source RHD versions?

2020-12-01-10-12-27-NEW-GENUINE-VW-Golf-VII-GTI-Variant-Alltrack-rubber-mats-floor-mats-4-pieces-E.png

They don't make a RHD version as far as I can find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

if you turn them upside down they'll fit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I saw these on Amazon.co.uk Not sure they're the same shape as the ones you have illustrated but they may be of interest.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WFLOV-Floor-Right-Drive-Volkswagen/dp/B08H1R1MD7/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=golf+gti+rubber+mats&qid=1606864609&quartzVehicle=121-1628&replacementKeywords=gti+rubber+mats&sr=8-19

61dFYrtpiIL._AC_SL1005_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those to me look like something that a young lad would buy for his 1.4 Golf. The red border makes them look cheap and tacky imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Sorry Bazz26, but my post was directed to eljono. No need for the cynical comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Thanks for the help Comhra. They're not a million miles away from the OEM ones I'm after. They also have a colouraay option which doesn't have the red border around the edges which is again closer to the ones I'm after. Might purchase and see how they fit. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Thanks for the help Comhra. They're not a million miles away from the OEM ones I'm after. They also have a colouraay option which doesn't have the red border around the edges which is again closer to the ones I'm after. Might purchase and see how they fit. Thanks again.

You can buy genuine rubber mats from VW, I'd look into that first, these copies don't fit that great at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Comhra wrote: »
    Sorry Bazz26, but my post was directed to eljono. No need for the cynical comment.

It wasn't a cynical comment, it was just my opinion of the mats. It shouldn't be taken as a personal attack or insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I think the new VRS is very nice looking. They still come with the ugly wheels but I think they've made them a little less ugly.
    Looks like it would suffer with the same infotainment system issues as the GTI (turning of ESC, lane assist)
    Not a fan of the exhaust surrounds either
    I like how the VRS logo is just red now
    Overall though, much improved visually on previous model

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dave PP

I like it too. Good value at @ 42k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Dave PP wrote: »

Have Irish prices been confirmed?
    Undercutting the golf a good bit if that’s the case.
    Edit just played on the configurator. Looks nice enough.

• Advertisement

42k very decent price.... Of the last versions I thought there was little difference in quality in a vrs & golf gti after a few days in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Dave PP wrote: »
    Augeo wrote: »
    42k very decent price.... Of the last versions I thought there was little difference in quality in a vrs & golf gti after a few days in both.

Its showing on the Skoda Ireland pricelist as €44,775 245bhp DSG 2.0TSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

CIP4 wrote: »

The cheaper price is for the diesel vrs.

So about 3.5k cheaper than a GTI then. Not enough of a gap imo unless you really want the skoda’s fabled huge boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What's the spec like I wonder? Wouldn't surprise me if there was a few boxes to tick to narrow the gap even more and make them like for like.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    What's the spec like I wonder? Wouldn't surprise me if there was a few boxes to tick to narrow the gap even more and make them like for like.

Yeah they’re generally not as well spec’d and often stuck with previous generation tech (e.g. the Octavia still had a manual handbrake until the last facelift afaik).

DaveyDave wrote: »

It has tinted windows as standard doesn’t have ACC €508 option or you can get it part of a pack. I personally hate ACC but if it was something you wanted it’s not huge money to spec. I think it’s a good looking car price probably is a little close to a GTI but if you want a bigger car with more space then the Octavia would be a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ACC is literally the greatest invention since the sliced pan.

L-M wrote: »
    ACC is literally the greatest invention since the sliced pan.

Yes I had it on my GTI and never liked it would prefer normal cruise control any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Yes I had it on my GTI and never liked it would prefer normal cruise control any day.

Why?

ACC is brilliant on an automatic, best modern feature I’ve had on a car.

Advertisement