Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I ran a few northern cars from autotrader through the vrt and there doesn’t seem to be much savings there.

maddness wrote: »
    Just looking back at this, it may not be a Shadow Edition but it’s still great value. That B58 engine is incredible and it’s still a lot of car for the money.
    Certainly a nice car but I’d question why they are spoofing in the ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Zurbaran wrote: »
    Certainly a nice car but I’d question why they are spoofing in the ad

I’d say they just don’t know what they have. Anyway that enough high jacking the Golf thread for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭easyvision

Something wrong on VW site I think! Pricing is waaaay off when you go into the configurator! €45k or so for a regular golf. GTI 82k etc! WTF 😂😂😂

Zurbaran wrote: »
    He came back to me a few hours ago and as expected it was low. 2k under the minimum I was preparing for.
    Hmm, he has now matched what I would take as the lowest for my car. I’m very tempted to go with it although it is a bit more than I was hoping to pay. That spec though..

Does anyone have experience with this dealer? I’m a bit weary in handing over this much to an independent with some of the stories you see.

Just a reminder of which one it is. Has pretty much everything bar dynadio.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26641544

I know a few of the lads who frequent this thread have owned the gs 450h, do you reckon 6k is a good offer for a 2010 se-l with 106k miles on it? Would mean it will have lost Half what I payed for it 2 and a half years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

6k depreciation in 2 and a half years is good no matter what the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I can't comment on the price but I've seen 3 year old models creeping above €30k so probably not mental money these days.

If I was in the market for a GTI I'd probably jump on it. PP models seem fairly scarce, throw in the combo of white with Brescia wheels and it's the perfect example to me. Keyless, lovely seats etc. Still a year warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There’s 3 owners on that. Company first, presumably a demo. Then another owner 10 months and another for 4 months... could be any reason for that but it’s unusual for that type of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Lovely spec on that GTI. It’s very strong money though! Fairly sure that dealer has been around a good while. There’s probably VW warranty left on the car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

At that price it surely has dynamic chassis controla a must with those 19 inch alloys with a 35 profile they'll need minding especially with our roads.

• Advertisement

hooch-85 wrote: »
    6k depreciation in 2 and a half years is good no matter what the car.
    I didn’t think it would depreciate that much but it is over 10 years old now.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I can't comment on the price but I've seen 3 year old models creeping above €30k so probably not mental money these days.

If I was in the market for a GTI I'd probably jump on it. PP models seem fairly scarce, throw in the combo of white with Brescia wheels and it's the perfect example to me. Keyless, lovely seats etc. Still a year warranty?
    Yeah 3 year olds are going for 31/32 with less spec and no pp

L-M wrote: »
    There’s 3 owners on that. Company first, presumably a demo. Then another owner 10 months and another for 4 months... could be any reason for that but it’s unusual for that type of a car.
    It says 2 and I was a bit suspicious of that. Where are you seeing tha, cartel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

L-M wrote: »

I don’t know the car nor the lad who had it but it was based around my neck of the woods for a short while. The previous owner only kept it 4-5 months. In that time I believe he spent ~€1500 on a paint protection coating. He then had it up as a private sale on DD (I believe he just needed to release the cash!) and Graham Walker bought it off him. GW’s had it since October-ish.

It’s a bit strong money wise but the spec is incomparable to anything else out there. If of course the spec is of any value to a particular buyer.

MarkN wrote: »
    Lovely spec on that GTI. It’s very strong money though! Fairly sure that dealer has been around a good while. There’s probably VW warranty left on the car too.
    Says there is yeah. That will also mean it’s due a service as he wouldn’t be able to do it to keep the warranty?

At that price it surely has dynamic chassis controla a must with those 19 inch alloys with a 35 profile they'll need minding especially with our roads.
    Says one of the options is dcc. Tbh I’d be alright with the 18s. I know everyone hates them on here but each to their own.

Sorry for all the posts. No idea how to multi quote on boards.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I don’t know the car nor the lad who had it but it was based around my neck of the woods for a short while. The previous owner only kept it 4-5 months. In that time I believe he spent ~€1500 on a paint protection coating. He then had it up as a private sale on DD (I believe he just needed to release the cash!) and Graham Walker bought it off him. GW’s had it since October-ish.

It’s a bit strong money wise but the spec is incomparable to anything else out there. If of course the spec is of any value to a particular buyer.

This is my issue tbh. I’m not sure I value the spec as high as some would. For example I’d love a sunroof but not if it’s a weak point like many think. If it didn’t have the extras it would be what maybe 35k car?

Thing about extras/spec is they tend to add very little to the residual value of a car. If he was trading that in against a new GTI he wouldn’t be getting a lot more for it than someone with a similar car with less spec.

It does make the car more desirable though, more forecourt appeal, etc, easier to sell on again when the time comes and just a nicer ownership experience. You can be sure GW bought that car for his stock due to the unusually high spec. He tends to go for well spec’d, tidy low mileage cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

what will he be like when he's 18.... :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Some weird pricing issues going on in the VW configurator at the moment for the R...

2021-01-05-11-34-18-The-new-Golf-R-Models-Volkswagen-Germany.png
    2021-01-05-11-36-42-The-new-Golf-R-Models-Volkswagen-Germany.png
    2021-01-05-11-39-56-The-new-Golf-R-Models-Volkswagen-Germany.png
    upload center free

• Advertisement

It's not just the R, it seems to be across the board on the configurator for all models , 30-40k added onto the actual prices. Has to be a mistake/bug with the configurator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Muppet Man wrote: »
    what will he be like when he's 18.... :eek: :D

My money is on "in prison"

I need 2 new front tyres on my GTD, any recommendations, pref fitted 300-350 for both. 19inch. Pref fitted near santry tomorrow :) Tyreland?

Thanks

BAKER AUTOMOTIVE LTD are a fitting partner for https://fitting.tyreleader.ie/dublin/

Decent site to gauge value anyway IMO.

Thanks will have a look. Seems to be more fitting? Just looking to buy and have them fitted there and then

easyvision wrote: »
    Thanks will have a look. Seems to be more fitting? Just looking to buy and have them fitted there and then

Ah yeah ........ apologies..... no good to you if you want them on tomorrow but there's huge choice and potential value there otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

easyvision wrote: »
    I need 2 new front tyres on my GTD, any recommendations, pref fitted 300-350 for both. 19inch. Pref fitted near santry tomorrow :) Tyreland?

Thanks

Discount Tyres in Blanch are highly regarded on the VAG forums. Stocks decent quality tyres too.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Discount Tyres in Blanch are highly regarded on the VAG forums. Stocks decent quality tyres too.

ah cheers, Ill take a look :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Phoenix Tyres on Jones’ Road beside Croke Park in Drumcondra, not far from Santry.

• Advertisement

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Phoenix Tyres on Jones’ Road beside Croke Park in Drumcondra, not far from Santry.

Cheers requested quote there :) I feel like im not going to get cheaper than 200 per tyre on 19s :(

Advertisement