Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭wallpapers123

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Sold a car to Zucar myself last year. I’d recommend, it worked out well enough for me. I didn’t get top dollar but was happy to take the small hit for the convenience factor and getting the car off my plate immediately with zero hassle.

got a quote of 13k from Zucar.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭wallpapers123

Hate to say and I know you spent 700 on those alloys but I'd stick something like these on

https://www.donedeal.ie/alloyswheels-for-sale/18-inch-golf-gti-austin-style-alloy-wheels-5x112/23763986

Take new pics and get the vw badges back to original not having xenons headlights will limit your car appealing to some people .. It will sell its the right colour and looks clean everything has a price. Best of luck

Yea I had intentions of keeping the car for a long time and the original wheels were in bad condition being diamond cut ones, hence got these ones instead, and unfortunately kerbed them in the first week itself. I'll Get better pictures and original badges back on the car, even though these look better than standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

If you need to keep the winter tires on the car put some tire slick on them to bring them up a bit.

Yea wheels/tyres are awful!

someone might swap you for genuine ones if your lucky.
    Try the facebook VW owners Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,580 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

When you're trading in your car you'll usually get 2k less than selling on the market, plus you'll miss out on getting 1K off the price of the car you're buying as you don't have cash.

3k hit from that buyer doesn't seem like that bad of a deal IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

That absolutely gorgeous, the red is perfect on it too.
    I’d say about 60 grand by the time you paid vrt and vat and import duties.
    This or a new golf R? This for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭eggy81

What sort of service intervals should I be aiming for in a mk7.5 Gtd. I do 190 km per day 4 days a week at the moment and about 120km of that is motorway. Small bit of town driving and the rest on backroads. I know there a couple of different ways of scheduling your servicing but dont really understand the difference or how to set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

eggy81 wrote: »
    What sort of service intervals should I be aiming for in a mk7.5 Gtd. I do 190 km per day 4 days a week at the moment and about 120km of that is motorway. Small bit of town driving and the rest on backroads. I know there a couple of different ways of scheduling your servicing but dont really understand the difference or how to set it up.

Oil change every 10k make sure it's the proper oil too the usual items will follow.. It's the most fundamental item in an service and will pay in spades over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

maddness wrote: »

Its a stunning car I agree and if I won the Lotto I'd have it.

But I don't think it can be compared to a new Golf R or an old Golf R for that matter. It's a very expensive Golf with no rear seats (a fast van :pac:), so for most, it just does not work in any practical sense for the cost involved. It is a rich man's play-thing / garage-queen, which given the mileage, is exactly what this car has been so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

maddness wrote: »

2nd hand Alfa Giulia Quadrofiglio for me over either! More practical too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

2nd hand Alfa Giulia Quadrofiglio for me over either! More practical too.

Me too! Would you get one for the same money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭TheBetsy

Hi all, any one here have any experiences with remaping a mk7.5 gtd? Considering it but trying to weigh up the pros and cons

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

Hey guys,

So I pulled the trigger on a mk8 Clubsport which means I'll have my 172 mk7.5 GTI DSG6 available for sale soon.

I have the option of extending the Das Welt warranty for 2 years if I do so by mid February so I'm just testing the water to see if there is any interest here before I put it on Carzone/DoneDeal etc.

Currently approximately 35,000km, just serviced, 2 new tyres on front, Eagle F1 Asy 5. Has tech pack so heated seats and camera.

Anyone interested, I can give you more info. Here's a pic or two...

20200330-074944.jpg

20200219-170453.jpg

20200219-170444.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

#shanethegriff well now since you opened that box of delicious chocolates you'd better start sharing the goodies... You can start with the colour... wheels etc ect!! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

There was a poster a few pages back looking for something exactly like this.

Best of luck with the new CS, get some pics up when it arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Congrats Shane (again!).

It’ll be a lovely upgrade, something to look forward to!

eggy81 wrote: »

20k kms is perfect IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

hooch-85 wrote: »
    There was a poster a few pages back looking for something exactly like this.

I think you may be referring to my bad self. I’ve a trade in but might try that zucar place as I’m only getting trade prices anyway so I’m assuming it would be similar..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Good stuff Shane! Details...?!

I noticed there's 2 for sale over the wesht
    http://www.carsireland.ie/2720672
    http://www.carsireland.ie/2720168

#shanethegriff well now since you opened that box of delicious chocolates you'd better start sharing the goodies... You can start with the colour... wheels etc ect!! ��

Haha sorry to have left you guys waiting for the details!

It's Moonstone Grey :cool: with 19" Adelaides, Harmon/Kardon sounds, winter pack and reverse camera.

There are not a whole lot of options to speck to be fair, it comes very well kitted out as standard. What I didn't go for is ACC, HUD, Pan roof or leather. I prefer the alcantara, sorry "art velour" to leather anyway. Roof would be nice and maybe ACC too but it was a stretch to spec the wheels so happy with my options now.

I think I can expect it in March, all going well.

Can't wait!! :D

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Congrats Shane (again!).

It’ll be a lovely upgrade, something to look forward to!

Thanks Joe, I gave in and ordered the wheels this morning!! :p

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Good stuff Shane! Details...?!

I noticed there's 2 for sale over the wesht
    http://www.carsireland.ie/2720672
    http://www.carsireland.ie/2720168

The second one is exactly like mine! I don't think it has the speakers I want spec'd or I'd be on to my dealer to try pull that one across :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

There are not a whole lot of options to speck to be fair, it comes very well kitted out as standard. What I didn't go for is ACC, HUD, Pan roof or leather. I prefer the alcantara, sorry "art velour" to leather anyway. Roof would be nice and maybe ACC too but it was a stretch to spec the wheels so happy with my options now.

Congrats on the new order, Clubsport is definitely the best looking mk8 so far and the grey suits it well imo.

Is ACC no longer standard so? I would have expected it to be after being standard on Mk7 R and GTI.

eljono wrote: »
    Congrats on the new order, Clubsport is definitely the best looking mk8 so far and the grey suits it well imo.

Is ACC no longer standard so? I would have expected it to be after being standard on Mk7 R and GTI.

Thanks!

I should have said DCC as dynamic chassis control, I had Adaptive Chassis Control in my head. It actually comes with a very intelligent adaptive cruise control which is supposed to make adjustments for upcoming road changes like sharp bends and roundabouts from GPS data.

Will probably be a pain in real life but sounds good on paper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Cool, glad to hear they still have ACC, I have it on my Mk7 and use it all the time. Interesting to hear that the next version will be more advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I believe it drops the anchors due it having the wrong speed limits on some roads but I believe this can be turned off in the settings so it will be more like normal ACC and won't interfere too much.

• Advertisement

https://www.joeduffy.ie/volkswagen/used-cars/12323298-volkswagen-golf-gti-2.0-tsi-d6-f-230-hp-5-dr/

Are they dreaming or are mk7.5 prices going up due to Brexit???

Nice motor all the same.

Advertisement