Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Really, my bad then. I had thought all Irish ones came with the Tech pack on the Mk 7.5. It's rare enough to find a 7.5 GTi or R without it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

L-M wrote: »
    It’s actually an Irish car without the Tech pack.

Imports would have started at plates around 40k in 181

I don't know what's worse, buying a €40k+ Golf without the Tech pack, not adding in the heated seats on their own or the fact you could probably have the pack thrown in for free as soon as you mention discount.

I didn't think I'd use the heated seats as much as I do, can't imagine going back...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MoJoCaine

Hey, when did you order? Were you given a delivery date yet?

I take it that with that trade in price there is no discount off the car...?

Had a one off advantage of trading the two cars in the household
    for two new. Second trade was a Tuigan. Hasn't happened before
    and most likely won't happen again but it did add a little wiggle
    room when pushing for a deal.

No delivery date yet as it was only ordered last week. Given the standard 12weeks.
    Similar spec to your own order but minus the sound but plus DCC as I've had on
    my 7 & 7.5 and given the "country" roads where I live I couldn't do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

bazz26 wrote: »

It is a nice car, it was also for sale in Frank Keane's about 3 months ago, so I'd be querying why its back on another dealers forecourt so quickly.

• Advertisement

Good buy for a cash buyer. You'd be in a brand new MK8 for not a hell of a lot more on the monthlies.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    It is a nice car, it was also for sale in Frank Keane's about 3 months ago, so I'd be querying why its back on another dealers forecourt so quickly.

Motortax.ie shows the last logbook was issued on 2/12/2020 and it was purchased by a dealer on 21/12/2020. I wonder was someone forced to sell it shortly after buying? Also a WW reg might also not be as appealing being sold in Dublin but you would imagine it wouldn't be too much of a big deal for someone in the market for a TCR.

Obviously a buyer would have to dig into it's history but with Covid unusual reasons for selling are more normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Motortax.ie shows the last logbook was issued on 2/12/2020 and it was purchased by a dealer on 21/12/2020. I wonder was someone forced to sell it shortly after buying? Also a WW reg might also not be as appealing being sold in Dublin but you would imagine it wouldn't be too much of a big deal for someone in the market for a TCR.

Obviously a buyer would have to dig into it's history but with Covid unusual reasons for selling are more normal now.

I was keeping a casual eye on that car myself. Keane's had it for sale for a good while, several months. Think it was up at around 46.5k. Then they dropped it to around 43k and it disappeared off carzone soon after that. It reappeared in Tipperary shortly before Xmas. So yeah, it looks like someone bought it and got cold feet very quickly. Probably not that unusual in these times, there's probably a straightforward explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MoJoCaine

Q ................ can anyone enlighten me as to the purpose of the black
    appendage / fin that appears on the wheel arches of many GTI & CS
    cars. Positioned at the joint of the body panels and front / rear bumpers.
    Seems to be only on cars shod with 19" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

MoJoCaine wrote: »

I'm sure someone will provide a better answer but I know it's only required for the vehicles with upgraded 19" wheels.

My understanding is that there must be regulations which state that the wheel can't extend beyond the arch and that there is a minimum distance between wheel/tyre and the outer edge of the arch. The 19's are wider than the 18's so they have had to fit these little plastic bits to "extend" the arch.

I could be way off by the way!!! 😅

• Advertisement

MoJoCaine wrote: »

WLTP regs. The 19" wheels protrude ever so slightly proud of the wheel arches and those little plastic fins somehow overcome it enough to get the car compliant with the rules. I'm sure they're easily removed if you were inclined.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    WLTP regs. The 19" wheels protrude ever so slightly proud of the wheel arches and those little plastic fins somehow overcome it enough to get the car compliant with the rules. I'm sure they're easily removed if you were inclined.

Yea that's it! It's a cheap ass, I mean super cool, wide arch kit! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Can someone post an example? I don't think I've ever noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Ryath

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Can someone post an example? I don't think I've ever noticed!

7-volkswagen-golf-gti-clubsport-front.jpg?itok=y5A-P9d6

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sky18

Info for anybody with a car ordered or is thinking about it. There is a shortage of semi conductors. https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-01-15/VW-Audi-cut-German-output-on-semiconductor-shortage-X428gZ5lSM/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I think that's belong to someone on this thread from a few pages back.

It is indeed.
    Nice ad, well put together and worded.

Yep that's very well priced, shouldn't hang around.
    Lovely car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I don't know what's worse, buying a €40k+ Golf without the Tech pack, not adding in the heated seats on their own or the fact you could probably have the pack thrown in for free as soon as you mention discount.

I didn't think I'd use the heated seats as much as I do, can't imagine going back...

There was a mistake made when Vw Ireland ordered a few of them for stock when the Mk7.5 first came out. I can check tomorrow but I’d be nearly sure it’s an April/May 17 build

• Advertisement

I think that's belong to someone on this thread from a few pages back.
    It is indeed.
    Nice ad, well put together and worded.
    hooch-85 wrote: »
    Yep that's very well priced, shouldn't hang around.
    Lovely car.

Thanks guys, that's right, it's mine. I've tried to price it to sell and hope that the warranty option is attractive and offers reassurance for any prospective buyer. I have until March to sell but I've access to another car should it sell sooner.
    Let's just see what happens.

I really hope March is a realistic timeframe for delivery of the new CS!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

There was someone back along the posts looking for something like this... think he had a Lexus... That's his car maybe?

How are you offering to extend the warranty? Do you work for Vw?

How are you offering to extend the warranty? Do you work for Vw?

I think he said that his dealer has offered to let him extend the "Das Welt" warranty for 2 years (at a cost of course) if he chooses to do so by February. A good selling point, if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dave PP

I think he said that his dealer has offered to let him extend the "Das Welt" warranty for 2 years (at a cost of course) if he chooses to do so by February. A good selling point, if it works.

A main dealer quoted me approx 700 euros for 3yr warranty on a used Gtd. Its not bad value if u compare to BMW extended warranty at over 600 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Das Welt is the used car warranty though and not an extension of the manufacturers cover, it's not paid out by the factory and covers less than the manufacturers warranty. It's for cars over 3 years of age. So the dealer would effectively be applying a Das Welt to a car that was not in stock to help it's private sale?

Das Welt is the used car warranty though and not an extension of the manufacturers cover, it's not paid out by the factory and covers less than the manufacturers warranty. It's for cars over 3 years of age. So the dealer would effectively be applying a Das Welt to a car that was not in stock to help it's private sale?

Yeah, that’s my point. It can’t be done unless the chap works for Vw maybe and even at that...

Yeah, that’s my point. It can’t be done unless the chap works for Vw maybe and even at that...

If you pay the dealer to extend the warranty on the car, if you subsequently sell the car at some point later, surely that warranty would pass onto the next owner for the remaining duration of that warranty no?
    It may not have the same coverage as the original full manufacturer warranty but it’s better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The warranty will of course transfer with the car.

The question is how is he putting a VW Das Welt used car warranty on a car that isn't being sold through a dealer? A Das Welt warranty isn't something an existing owner can opt into. They can only be applied to a used car in dealer stock.

How is he tagging one onto a private sale?

Either that car is actually being sold by a dealer and that's not being made clear in the ad or the dealer is tagging a warranty to a car they didn't supply which is not the done thing. Mightn't be anything wrong but i'd definitely be seeking clarity because at the minute it doesn't sound 100%.

• Advertisement

Yeah as above you can’t extend a Vw warranty, you can only extend a warranty when you buy a used car from a Vw dealer, at point of purchase.

Advertisement