Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I just googled “Halfords Alloys” and this is one of the first sets that comes up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

L-M wrote: »
    I just googled “Halfords Alloys” and this is one of the first sets that comes up lol

You just never know, but if you were a bit more positive about the brand you represent, you might generate a few handy customers from these forums. ;)

JoeA3 wrote: »
    You just never know, but if you were a bit more positive about the brand you represent, you might generate a few handy customers from these forums. ;)

That’s a bit unfair to say, that’s probably the first ever negative thing I’ve said about a Vw, but those wheels are awful. They’re too small on what’s a very chunky looking Mk7.5.

As regards getting customers on here, absolutely couldn’t be further from the reason why I post. I’m just here to help when I can offer a bit of an inside track. Also, in my defence, in all my years posting here two people have PMd me, and both have them have completely wasted my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That red TCR looks great imo and the Belvedere alloys suit it well, think they look lightweight and more purposeful than some of the overly stylised and heavy looking alloys VW offer.

Majority of the Mk8 GTI/R alloys for example are rank, to my eyes they look cheap and ugly and not befitting a 50k car from a quality brand. There's a lot to be said for keeping it simple when it comes to wheel design imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I agree, those Belvederes look good. All the MK8 generation wheels are poor enough with the Estorils being the best design. They can get it very right when they want to, Pretorias are one of the best oem wheels ever made imo.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    How much was that new?

Ballpark 50-52k.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

It has Dynaudio too which very few (if any) other Irish cars have.

SaintsYB wrote: »
    It has Dynaudio too which very few (if any) other Irish cars have.

Ah yes, it does. I think a fair few of the TCR’s and Clubsports were spec’d with it. Was part of one of their tech packs for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Seems to be gone already.... what was it?

In related news I changed my alloys last week...nearly afraid to post pics now.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Seems to be gone already.... what was it?

In related news I changed my alloys last week...nearly afraid to post pics now.... :D

A red TCR

Show us!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

Muppet Man wrote: »

What did you go with? Throw up a few pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I know of a guy who’s trading a 181 3 door GTI PP for a new CS with Blackwater in Cork. Car is mint. I expect it’ll be on their forecourt in the next month or so.

@joeA3
    With some talk of delays in deliveries did your guy get any update on his new CS reason I'm asking is I'd be interested in his own car thanks

@joeA3
    With some talk of delays in deliveries did your guy get any update on his new CS reason I'm asking is I'd be interested in his own car thanks

Wasn’t talking to him in a while tbh. Last time I heard, he was trying to get answers from them in relation to the VRT issue as he had spec’d 19’s on the new car and dealer hasn’t warned him about the VRT implications.

Wasn’t talking to him in a while tbh. Last time I heard, he was trying to get answers from them in relation to the VRT issue as he had spec’d 19’s on the new car and dealer hasn’t warned him about the VRT implications.

That's fair enough if you have anymore info let me know please thanks for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

bazz26 wrote: »

I'm in the market for a TCR and Frank Keane had a white, 201 for sale up until last week.

Its the only colour I don't like the GTi in but I've not found any other TCR in Ireland for sale with the Reifnitz alloys and the Akrapovic exhaust, which the white one had.

Brexit and the extra VAT charges have killed going to the UK, where I'd take Black, Grey or Red with the above options, gladly.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a TCR and Frank Keane had a white, 201 for sale up until last week.

Its the only colour I don't like the GTi in but I've not found any other TCR in Ireland for sale with the Reifnitz alloys and the Akrapovic exhaust, which the white one had.

Brexit and the extra VAT charges have killed going to the UK, where I'd take Black, Grey or Red with the above options, gladly.

I'm in the same boat I'm researching the vat & customs implications at the moment in regards going to the north for one I'll let you know... in the meantime

https://www.usedcarsni.com/276146778

That's fair enough if you have anymore info let me know please thanks for your time.

Spoke to him there, his new car is built and he hopes to have it within 2-3 weeks.

Spoke to him there, his new car is built and he hopes to have it within 2-3 weeks.

There was a bulletin released recently warning dealers of the VRT implications, and they used the GTI as an example. I wonder was that stemmed from your mates new car!

• Advertisement

L-M wrote: »
    There was a bulletin released recently warning dealers of the VRT implications, and they used the GTI as an example. I wonder was that stemmed from your mates new car!

Possibly! But I’d bet it isn’t the only one that was caught. There’s 2-3 GTI’s on Carzone with the 19’s and you’d imagine that if the dealers in question had done their homework, they’d have ordered Clubsports instead.

Ah that's perfect Joe time frame suits me as well we'll keep in touch and you'd never know thanks by the way what color is it and is it manual ? Sorry for all the questions if you don't know it's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I priced gti clubsports start of December and dealer had to check on the ordering system the implications of adding 19” wheels and a sunroof. Funnily enough you’re grand with a clubsport as both bring it to 170 but on the regular gti you’re over 170 and in next vrt bracket.
    Like Joe says some of the regular gti’s for sale now are more expensive than a clubsport. Possibly ordering before the budget?

Ah that's perfect Joe time frame suits me as well we'll keep in touch and you'd never know thanks by the way what color is it and is it manual ? Sorry for all the questions if you don't know it's grand

It’s dark iron blue metallic and yes, it’s manual.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    I priced gti clubsports start of December and dealer had to check on the ordering system the implications of adding 19” wheels and a sunroof. Funnily enough you’re grand with a clubsport as both bring it to 170 but on the regular gti you’re over 170 and in next vrt bracket.
    Like Joe says some of the regular gti’s for sale now are more expensive than a clubsport. Possibly ordering before the budget?

Quite possible yes. There’s a standard GTI on Carzone on the 19’s and pan roof and it’s €56k. A Clubsport with the same spec would be a bit cheaper and of course cheaper to tax. Crazy.

However it happened, the GTI DSG is 168g Co2 and the CS is 1g less at 167. That 1gCo2 makes all the difference...

It’s dark iron blue metallic and yes, it’s manual.

Great thanks for that

I'm in the same boat I'm researching the vat & customs implications at the moment in regards going to the north for one I'll let you know... in the meantime

https://www.usedcarsni.com/276146778

Ya, I've seen it, if a TCR came up with the Reifnitz and didn't have the Akrapovic exhaust, id take it at this stage.

The exhaust I could take or leave but the Reifnitz are a dealer breaker, imo.

I contacted them about it around Xmas and they sent me a video of it.

Perfect colour, but that car was for sale in Frank Keane only about 4 months ago, surprised its come back through another dealership so quickly.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, I've seen it, if a TCR came up with the Reifnitz and didn't have the Akrapovic exhaust, id take it at this stage.

The exhaust I could take or leave but the Reifnitz are a dealer breaker, imo.

Sure wheels are easily swapped/upgraded if you find a car that ticks most of the other boxes. A set of prets would be far nicer anyway imo!

Keane’s had that white one for ages. I see the ad for it is gone now alright.

Advertisement