Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

Long shot, but does anyone around Limerick have VCDS / ODBeleven? I need to get the airbag light reset after a dashcam install (where I forgot to disconnect the battery!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I have OBD11 and based just outside Limerick. PM me and we can try arrange something

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

They posted the same car on Instagram a few days ago. It’s registered. And looks like it is probably the one that Connolly’s had on Carzone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKsr0fbFBmy/?igshid=qcemzrqadrna

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

I've never been a fan of red GTIs but that looks absolutely mega.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

So did Edgewood buy it from Connolly's to then sell it on or what's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

So did Edgewood buy it from Connolly's to then sell it on or what's the story?

Seems that way. Or he just bought it for himself and is advertising it in an off chance someone might buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I think that's stunning.

Aghhh the man maths calculator is out

It’s definitely the most flattering photos I’ve seen of it in that colour. It tends to look a bit “old man’s burgundy” or even orange-y in a lot of photos I’ve seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    The calculator that always gives you a happy ending!

I think that's stunning.

That calculator has its work cut out!

Assuming it’s the same car that they posted on Instagram, it’s already registered and therefore used. And he is asking brand new car money. Or very close to it. Nor will he be able to offer cheap VW finance. It’s a strange one. Might suit someone with a lot of cash and little need of finance, assuming the asking price is right, which it doesn’t appear to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

That’s the first MK8 I’ve seen that actually looks decent. I know it’s always the way with a new Golf but the colour really suits it.

That price and the lack of low price finance though isn’t going to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As nice as it is, 56k is just mad money. The prices of new cars in this country have just gone stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

It seems a bit of a strange one to have for sale. 9/10 will buy on PCP from VW for the lower monthlies and anyone buying cash will want to buy from a main dealer anyway I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

It will still be sold with the full warranty, so doesn't really make much difference whether it's bought main dealer or not (excluding pcp). Will suit someone not willing to wait weeks or months for a new build. Crazy money either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

JoeA3 wrote: »
    That calculator has its work cut out!

Assuming it’s the same car that they posted on Instagram, it’s already registered and therefore used. And he is asking brand new car money. Or very close to it. Nor will he be able to offer cheap VW finance. It’s a strange one. Might suit someone with a lot of cash and little need of finance, assuming the asking price is right, which it doesn’t appear to be.

Well if I was going spending ridiculous money on one, I'd spec my own from VW.

I'll get some figures from them and see. The wait time might just be too much

Can someone tell me what the "Mobile Phone Interface Comfort" option is? Is that just android auto/carplay?

Now...white, kings red, moonstone or reflex silver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

On the subject of crazy money. The new Civic Type R is now over €70k here. WLTP has killed everything.

New car prices are also driving up used prices. A few 2018 7.5 R's for sale at the minute asking €42-43k, which is crazy for 3 year old cars really.

I'll be rocking around in my mk7 for a long time to come yet.

Well if I was going spending ridiculous money on one, I'd spec my own from VW.

I'll get some figures from them and see. The wait time might just be too much

Can someone tell me what the "Mobile Phone Interface Comfort" option is? Is that just android auto/carplay?

Now...white, kings red, moonstone or reflex silver :)

I think it’s just wireless charging / wireless CarPlay / android auto.

Factory wait times are a big issue now. Latest on my father’s Tiguan is it will be mid April at the earliest when he sees it. Ordered in early November.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

hooch-85 wrote: »
    On the subject of crazy money. The new Civic Type R is now over €70k here. WLTP has killed everything.

New car prices are also driving up used prices. A few 2018 7.5 R's for sale at the minute asking €42-43k, which is crazy for 3 year old cars really.

I'll be rocking around in my mk7 for a long time to come yet.

Spotted that on new listings coming through. Crazy money being asked for anything half decent. Instead of the price coming down with the launch of the 8, they're using the price of a new MK8 as their reference and subtracting from that. Madness.

• Advertisement

Very nice review of the Clubsport here. It's the most flattering imagery of the car I've seen yet:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

98 Ron now recommended, no doubt will run fine on 95 but ****ty we can't get better fuel in this country...

vintagevrs wrote: »
    98 Ron now recommended, no doubt will run fine on 95 but ****ty we can't get better fuel in this country...

That’s always been the case. My R was 98-recommended too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

That’s always been the case. My R was 98-recommended too.

Is there a noticeable difference running it on the premium stuff? Been tempted but haven’t tried it yet.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Is there a noticeable difference running it on the premium stuff? Been tempted but haven’t tried it yet.

It’s difficult to tell as it’s not available here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

It’s difficult to tell as it’s not available here.

Local Maxol station sells ‘Premium’ but a quick Google is telling me it’s still 95, they just add something to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is no 98 RON unleaded sold in the Republic. Anything you see here labelled as Super, Premium or Miles Plus, etc is just 95 RON with various additives mixed in. You have to go to the North for 98 RON.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Am I imagining things or did Shell not do 98 ron years ago?

Zurbaran wrote: »

It must be at least 15-20 years, possibly more, since we’ve had anything here other than 95. If you see “premium” at any filling station here today it’s nothing but a marketing gimmick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JohnnyMustang22

Zurbaran wrote: »

Yea, you used to be able to get it but the government taxed it out of existence.

Advertisement