Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Anyone here order a mk8 GTI/GTD/R yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 klopp74

Hi - yes a GTI - ordered in November - went into production week 2. On the boat was latest update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

OSI wrote: »
    Seemingly dealers in the UK offering huge discounts on the Mk8 GTI as they can’t shift them.

You can get a Clubsport for about £32k over there now

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Red TCR for sale in Frank Keanes.

Think it's a 192, only went up yesterday, no other details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Seemingly dealers in the UK offering huge discounts on the Mk8 GTI as they can’t shift them.

Possibly covid related or dealers ordering too many stock cars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Good. It's ugly as f*ck. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭PaulRyan97

klopp74 wrote: »
    Hi - yes a GTI - ordered in November - went into production week 2. On the boat was latest update.

Do you know this from your dealer telling you or did you use that tracker app?

I ordered the first week of December and was told build week 6 but it's looking like there could be huge delays now due to the semi-conductor shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

PaulRyan97 wrote: »

I ordered the first week of December and was told build week 6 but it's looking like there could be huge delays now due to the semi-conductor shortage.

My father got a letter last week from VW Ireland apologising about the situation. He has a Tiguan on order since early November. The letter from VW suggests that most factory orders across the board have an approx 6 week delay. His car is now on bw 12 but it remains to be seen if that gets pushed out further.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 klopp74

PaulRyan97 wrote: »

From the dealer - have not tried the tracking app. I know other VW customers who ordered one/two weeks after me who have been told their cars are delayed.

dar83 wrote: »
    Good. It's ugly as f*ck. :P

Have you seen the one in Pierces?

• Advertisement

A relative of a friend was enquiring about a GTE this morning and he was told that VW have suspended all factory orders for the time being until they get a grip of the current lead-time delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

How much is one of those here? That looks like the one to go for. Are they DSG only now?

Edit....If I wasnt so lazy I could of just went to vw.ie

Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I got a quote for the clubsport and was told 20 weeks delivery

vintagevrs wrote: »
    How much is one of those here? That looks like the one to go for. Are they DSG only now?

Edit....If I wasnt so lazy I could of just went to vw.ie

Capture.png

Yeah that’s it. Plus whatever spec you add on but it doesn’t need anything really bar paint and wheels.

Factory lead time is the issue at the moment if someone wanted one, unless you pick up one of the few stock cars. Frank Keane and Connolly’s have 2-3 between them. Smaller dealers probably aren’t risking carrying big stock these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I know there's a few on here waiting for there MK8's but i collected my new 2016 MK7 manual 37k on Saturday well new to me anyways 😁

Lovely car, well wear! Looks like the one Ed's Car Sales had. I dealt with Ed myself, really good guy to deal with.

I know there's a few on here waiting for there MK8's but i collected my new 2016 MK7 manual 37k on Saturday well new to me anyways 😁

Very nice, looks tidy. Well wear!

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Lovely car, well wear! Looks like the one Ed's Car Sales had. I dealt with Ed myself, really good guy to deal with.

Twas hooch he's a great guy to deal with the car is in as new condition and I mean new.. with a full VW service history he gave it a full service new disks and pads on the rear 12 month warranty and filled it with petrol.. He's fussy about the cars he keeps in stock could have stayed all day talking about cars with him

Wow, one of the nicest I've seen tbh. A few upgrades on that presumably?

• Advertisement

Twas hooch he's a great guy to deal with the car is in as new condition and I mean new.. with a full VW service history he gave it a full service new disks and pads on the rear 12 month warranty and filled it with petrol.. He's fussy about the cars he keeps in stock could have stayed all day talking about cars with him

Yeah he's a good guy. Had a couple of warranty issues on mine sorted no questions asked. I had looked at a few R's before buying from him and it was easily the best condition one I'd looked at at the time.

I’ve only ever heard great things about Ed. He stocks some very nice stuff and presents them so well, cars immaculately turned out and photographed properly. Main dealers could learn a trick or two.

Augeo wrote: »
    Wow, one of the nicest I've seen tbh. A few upgrades on that presumably?

The only upgrade it will get will be fitting the child's Recaro baby seat not a wing back but close enough 😏 and getting android auto coded in Wednesday the car is a credit to the previous owner I couldn't believe that somebody would have kept a car so clean and more importantly mechanically looked after as I would have done

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I’ve only ever heard great things about Ed. He stocks some very nice stuff and presents them so well, cars immaculately turned out and photographed properly. Main dealers could learn a trick or two.

Agreed Joe you only get once chance to sell a car he's very precise he even went main dealer for the rear performance pack disks and pads where a lot of guys would have went motor factor store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Lovely car skippy, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MoJoCaine

Anyone care to take a stab at enlightening us as to these prices ??

- https://www2.volkswagen.ie/en/used-cars/149262

- https://www2.volkswagen.ie/en/used-cars/149261

MoJoCaine wrote: »
    Anyone care to take a stab at enlightening us as to these prices ??

- https://www2.volkswagen.ie/en/used-cars/149262

- https://www2.volkswagen.ie/en/used-cars/149261

2 cars with a few options ticked (possibly every option in the case of the CS).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I don't know but to me €66,250 for a Golf, no matter if it were gold-plated, is insane. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Those prices are insane. No low rate pcp finance can disguise that fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Crazy prices alright but that clubsport is gorgeous.

Advertisement