Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That Lewis Motors has up on his story that he has another Golf R due in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

L-M wrote: »
    That Lewis Motors has up on his story that he has another Golf R due in tomorrow

He did actually. You have to be quick with him as he sold the last two in less than a day. They are a car in big demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

hooch-85 wrote: »
    There are a few nice ones but prices are mad for 2-3 year old cars imo. There are a couple of 2018 cars up for 40-42k and 2019s asking 45-47.

Yea the moneys strong on them at the moment, brexit isn't helping that 10% duty on imports will probably keep prices high.

What's a story, tiktok ?

Instagram.

Instagram.

Did they mention color, year..

• Advertisement

No mention yet but i'll keep an eye out for it. Your inbox is full so cant PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Yea the moneys strong on them at the moment, brexit isn't helping that 10% duty on imports will probably keep prices high.

What's a story, tiktok ?

Don’t forget vat on top of that too.

Blue, 191

SaintsYB wrote: »
    They're saying that the Clubsport is limited edition which it isn't. Getting themselves mixed up with the last Clubsport by the sound of it.

Yea they have tainted the 40th anniversary edition by keeping the name imo !

Blue, 191

It's close to 47, has leather, sunroof and dynaudio. Think it's already gone through called first thing.

• Advertisement

You have to move fast with these guys!

You have to move fast with these guys!

The UK one might be a better option as it has a lower new value than the irish one, might run it through the business so would mean lower bik.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Have mk7.5 Golf R's in my saved searches from when I was toying with the idea of getting one. Although they sell fast (like with Lewis Motors' examples), there are some on DoneDeal for a long time now;

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-r-dsg-finance-arranged/26306178

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-2017/26154356

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-r-2-0tsi-dsg-310hp-mk-7-5/27130050

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-r-2-0-300ps-tsi-bmt-7/26551795

These are just examples but why aren't they shifting? I've only ever seen one that had the exact spec I wanted but only seen it on Facebook with a picture of it with its new owner, two days after being advertised for sale (didn't even make DD, only had it on their FB page)

The 4 of them have something in common, not sure it's the reason but it's enough for me to have no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The 4 of them have something in common, not sure it's the reason but it's enough for me to have no interest.

Cryptic! :P

dar83 wrote: »
    Cryptic! :P

Keyless:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Keyless:)

I could have gone for that, 5 door, or DSG (as the outsider). :D

3 doors couldn’t have keyless anyway! Can’t win them all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/wheels-19-inch-rims-brescia-golf-7-gti-genuine-volkswagen.htm

I know this says they're genuine, but are they really?
    Seems cheap enough

The UK one might be a better option as it has a lower new value than the irish one, might run it through the business so would mean lower bik.

Even doing 32,001 to 40,000 business kms per annum BIK would be 18%..... if it's your own company buying the car combined with 18% BIK it makes no sense IMO.

On a €50k car the BIK is €4500/year out of your pocket.......... over 6 years that's half the price of the OMV. Wipes out any savings.

BIK on ICE stuff is one the governments idea of tax being fair and equitable, for self employed folk there's little point having a company car if you are doing anything approaching normal mileage.

• Advertisement

That's if I keep it in the company for 6yrs, I'll take it back out probably sometime in the next 12mts and go back to claiming expenses on it. More of a cash flow thing than anything at the moment, i've spent the money I got for the GTI and government have done damage to the sole trader business.
    Picking it up Monday : )

....More of a cash flow thing than anything at the moment.....

That's fair enough. It's not anyway disadvantageous to company car anything, again, the tax system is meant to be fair and equitable and BIK on ICE is a great example where they've it nailed IMO.

Happy motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

That's if I keep it in the company for 6yrs, I'll take it back out probably sometime in the next 12mts and go back to claiming expenses on it. More of a cash flow thing than anything at the moment, i've spent the money I got for the GTI and government have done damage to the sole trader business.
    Picking it up Monday : )

What did you buy? have you traded in the id3?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/wheels-19-inch-rims-brescia-golf-7-gti-genuine-volkswagen.htm

I know this says they're genuine, but are they really?
    Seems cheap enough

I believe they are yes, and it is good value alright.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    What did you buy? have you traded in the id3?

The instagram R, yea ID getting the road.

The instagram R, yea ID getting the road.

Off Lewis Motors? Looked Mint to be fair!

Mr Lewis will be all "so goys the golf OAR is gone'

Augeo wrote: »
    Mr Lewis will be all "so goys the golf OAR is gone'

Ah fair play to him, he’s a breath of fresh air from the usual “this car has a multi function steering wheel, front and rear electric windows” ****e.

L-M wrote: »
    Off Lewis Motors? Looked Mint to be fair!

I'd more or less committed to buying the 192 one off Comiskeys, they'd it held for me, has VW warranty until October 2022, sunroof was replaced under warranty and it was in stock before January so didn't attract the 10% duty even though it's originally a UK car, the sunroof was replaced under warranty late last year.

Hooch got me onto the one in Lewis Motors, higher milage, less warrant but the spec won me in the end, sunroof, dcc, wireless charging, leather, dynaudio. Both were coming in at the same price.

• Advertisement

He's a gent, no doubt :)
    Apologies for my poor taste jibe.

Advertisement