Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'd more or less committed to buying the 192 one off Comiskeys, they'd it held for me, has VW warranty until October 2022, sunroof was replaced under warranty and it was in stock before January so didn't attract the 10% duty even though it's originally a UK car, the sunroof was replaced under warranty late last year.

Hooch got me onto the one in Lewis Motors, higher milage, less warrant but the spec won me in the end, sunroof, dcc, wireless charging, leather. Both were coming in at the same price.

Jesus a blessing in disguise there. I wouldn’t touch a Vw that someone’s been at the sunroof.

Very best of luck with it, Pity the ID.3 didn’t work out. Vw Germany won’t be happy, they don’t even want dealers selling their demos for two years nevermind having them in the second hand market already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

L-M wrote: »
    Ah fair play to him, he’s a breath of fresh air from the usual “this car has a multi function steering wheel, front and rear electric windows” ****e.

Hate this. Obviously the car has a radio, speakers, airbags etc. Annoying not seeing actual spec listed and having to click through a few photos to see if heated seat buttons or reversing camera is there.

Either that or it's "huge spec" and it's just all the stuff that is standard on a Golf anyway...

Augeo wrote: »
    He's a gent, no doubt :)
    Apologies for my poor taste jibe.

Ah no poor taste, I’m sure it’s phonetically correct, lol.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Hate this. Obviously the car has a radio, speakers, airbags etc. Annoying not seeing actual spec listed and having to click through a few photos to see if heated seat buttons or reversing camera is there.

Either that or it's "huge spec" and it's just all the stuff that is standard on a Golf anyway...

Yeah a few garages do awful videos. Like they’re showing off a 100k Touareg with a 20inch dash and all they point out is the electric windows and auto lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ah fair play to him, he’s a breath of fresh air from the usual “this car has a multi function steering wheel, front and rear electric windows” ****e.

The "cloth with extra cloth" description on Carzone always gets me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah there was a video from Pierce Motors very recently on the Golf TCR, which they still have afaik. Ahhh yeah errrrrr it has LED lights, alloys and twin exhausts. Nothing about what makes the car special / unique. Might work to a clued in buyer’s advantage if they were interested in it because they clearly don’t know what car they’re selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jesus a blessing in disguise there. I wouldn’t touch a Vw that someone’s been at the sunroof.

Very best of luck with it, Pity the ID.3 didn’t work out. Vw Germany won’t be happy, they don’t even want dealers selling their demos for two years nevermind having them in the second hand market already!

I've heard the side panels on the sunroof can crack, I wanted one with a sunroof regardless this time.
    ID has great potential, just not suitable for my milage and where I travel, very easy car to live with, super smooth and comfortable. Tesla have a problem once the ID gets R performance and a bigger battery. Respectable first go in fairness to them.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Yeah there was a video from Pierce Motors very recently on the Golf TCR, which they still have afaik. Ahhh yeah errrrrr it has LED lights, alloys and twin exhausts. Nothing about what makes the car special / unique. Might work to a clued in buyer’s advantage if they were interested in it because they clearly don’t know what car they’re selling.

I was going down to Pierces the other morning to have a drive of the TCR, colour or spec wasn't doing it for me but said I'd give it a go, jumped into the ID and it wouldn't start had to get the AA out, that was the end of the TCR idea:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Don't forget the red calipers with GTi logo's

Well done drunkmonkey, personally I think the one you bought is the best 7.5 currently on the Irish market. With the spec it has it will always be desirable too whenever you want to move it on.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help Hooch, it was touch and go there for a few hours, Lewis wouldn't answer the phone and the accountant telling me buy an m50d then changed his mind and hour later. Hoping everything goes to plan Monday.

Those accountants always try to ruin the fun;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Is it that black one? Looks like serious spec as you say, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Is it that black one? Looks like serious spec as you say, enjoy.

no its a blue one.

no its a blue one.

Pez Blue on the southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/wheels-19-inch-rims-brescia-golf-7-gti-genuine-volkswagen.htm

I know this says they're genuine, but are they really?
    Seems cheap enough

I dunno but the ones I saw they had the VW stamp logo on the inside most fellas selling them had pics of the stamp so if i was spending that much I'd be looking for proof ..ask them

I know a fella that might part with a set of genuine ones if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/wheels-19-inch-rims-brescia-golf-7-gti-genuine-volkswagen.htm

Seems cheap enough

Kunzmann tend to only sell genuine gear i believe, so yes they are genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Seems cheap enough

They'll have a stamp similar to the pic below.... if there knock off ones there expensive I have knock off polished ones on mine when I bought it there perfect not diamond cut which I'm happy about

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was this Cupra owned by a boards member? I think it was.

https://www.carsireland.ie/2743029

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭what the hell!

bazz26 wrote: »
    Was this Cupra owned by a boards member? I think it was.

https://www.carsireland.ie/2743029

Dogg Munde was that yours?

I think Dogg Munde is gone incognito ��

That looks like his car alright. He is still lurking in the shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Thanks all. Seem like good value given the other 19s are near double the price on that site.
    @hooch really? I might get on to you...I have to sort out a newly discovered problem first.

Just found the well of the boot full of water. Ffs. And I had checked for those "common" leaks last year. Driver side rear door might have a small leak too.

I knew something was up over winter as the car was extra foggy. Only that I washed the car for the first time in months today (nice weather for once) that I noticed a drop or two inside the door. The footwell seems bone dry.

The boot seems handy enough to fix, I don't really fancy pulling apart the door though.

Pain in the hole

If it’s the speakers a body shop will do to for you handy enough.

Yeah I got the speaker leak fixed in mine for a half hours labour in an indy. Handy job really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What's the fix for the jammed fuel door, cutting some plastic or something? The actuator works no problem when the fuel door is open.

All the forums I'm reading think people are talking about the car being locked which isn't helpful and the ones that did trim the plastic don't have working pictures.

Trim back these pieces, you’ll see where they catch.

There’s one sticking out either side of that.

No harm spray the actuator with Wd as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

DaveyDave wrote: »
    What's the fix for the jammed fuel door, cutting some plastic or something? The actuator works no problem when the fuel door is open.

All the forums I'm reading think people are talking about the car being locked which isn't helpful and the ones that did trim the plastic don't have working pictures.

Not the best video in the world but it shows the locations where it catches

A couple of more photos here - https://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk7/sticking-fuel-filler-cover/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭User1998

Not the best video in the world but it shows the locations where it catches

A couple of more photos here - https://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk7/sticking-fuel-filler-cover/index.php

I’m having the same issue, luckily mine is a GTE so I only need to fill up like 5 times a year :pac: but I’l give that a go tomorrow

Advertisement