Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

SaintsYB wrote: »
    I always love the "to many extra to mention" on ads no matter the car for sale. It looks the Performance Pack is the only thing it has? It's also priced high enough for a 151 manual private sale.
    In some peoples heads auto lights, auto wipers, air con etc are always 'extras', no matter how long they've been standard on the car. Infuriating if you're looking for a piece of spec that's impossible to see, like DCC for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The GTI DSG OTR is €48,490 on the finance calculator. Configurator doesn't have it and can't see the brochure. From what I remember the GTI spec is similar to the R-Line rather than the Style in that you need to spec alarm, keyless, camera, winter pack etc? Guessing another grand for wheels and probably €195 for white paint.

Will the VAT going back to have a big effect on price anyone know?

DaveyDave wrote: »

A €50k car at 21% is €50,826 at 23% VAT.

Augeo wrote: »

Ah not too bad. Saw a few posts of people being happy to get their cars at the 21% and a few concerned about it going back up so I thought it would be more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Speccing the 19" wheels will cost you a lot more than a grand on the regular GTi as it pushes the cost up in the next VRT band.

• Advertisement

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Speccing the 19" wheels will cost you a lot more than a grand on the regular GTi as it pushes the cost up in the next VRT band.

Ah, there's no 18" wheel options? I thought there was. I'm aware of the 19" situation alright. Feck that.

The stock wheels are the 18" Richmond wheels which look awful. I think the 19s are needed at a minimum or else a nice aftermarket option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The GTI DSG OTR is €48,490 on the finance calculator. Configurator doesn't have it and can't see the brochure. From what I remember the GTI spec is similar to the R-Line rather than the Style in that you need to spec alarm, keyless, camera, winter pack etc? Guessing another grand for wheels and probably €195 for white paint.

Alarm and keyless is standard. Camera and winter pack yeah, about €350-400 each for those. White paint is about €220. Metallics are very saucy at over €900.

If you want 19's you really need to consider the Clubsport or have the 19's fitted post delivery.

Assuming VW pass on the entire VAT hike onto the customer it'll add 8-900 onto a GTI.

The stock wheels are the 18" Richmond wheels which look awful. I think the 19s are needed at a minimum or else a nice aftermarket option.

Not a fan myself but I don't think the wallet would stretch much further. 19s look well though. Be great if they could fit them post delivery but wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

Not a fan myself but I don't think the wallet would stretch much further. 19s look well though. Be great if they could fit them post delivery but wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

Several UK dealers have been fitting the 19" Brescia wheels post delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

Or buy a set of the Brescia listed on Kunzmann’s website but you could well be stuck with the Richmonds then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Augeo wrote: »

It’s actually not because VAT is based on the EX VRT price so if the VRT is 10k the VAT would be €50,661. (Based on a vatable 40k)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Would be interesting to see what the monthly pcp difference would be between a standard gti with dsg and a bog standard clubsport. Not much in it I would guess?

The GMFV is usually the same fixed amount.

So if you for example took 40 percent of both cars and divided the difference by 36 plus a bit of interest.

L-M wrote: »
    The GMFV is usually the same fixed amount.

So if you for example took 40 percent of both cars and divided the difference by 36 plus a bit of interest.

Would have expected the clubsport to have a slightly higher gmfv no?
    Also would expect it to hold onto most if not all of the price difference at three years old?

Of course the GMFV on the Clubsport is higher than the standard car. From memory, it’s about €22.5k on the CS. I’m not sure what it is on the standard car, I’d guess it’s about €2-2.5k less.

VW don’t adjust the GFV upwards if you spec the car up though and I believe some manufacturers do, BMW do for sure - depending on the options selected.

Vw don’t on options, it’s just a percentage of the basic price exc delivery.

That’s why when you’re adding on options like metallic, wheels etc you can just divide them by 36 and add a little interest.

So for every €1,000 worth of options it adds €30 per month, roughly, more of the interest is higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Alarm and keyless is standard. Camera and winter pack yeah, about €350-400 each for those. White paint is about €220. Metallics are very saucy at over €900.

If you want 19's you really need to consider the Clubsport or have the 19's fitted post delivery.

Assuming VW pass on the entire VAT hike onto the customer it'll add 8-900 onto a GTI.

It could be wrong of course but on the configurator the clubsport has the same 18’s as the gti.

Been having a go at it for both it and the normal gti. Man maths in overdrive. I’m still thinking the 7.5 might be better to go for because to me the 7.5 looks more premium inside, not sure if I would get along well with the buttons on the steering wheel and other capacitive buttons.

Thing is the clubsport does look a lot better than the regular gti to my eyes. In the front without the cheap looking checkered lights (to me at least) and the upturned bits that I don’t know how to explain.. Standard seats which were an option on the 7.5 look and most likely feel better too.

I do like those Adelaide wheels, think they look very well on either.

Has anybody come across a direct comparison review between the gti pp 7.5 and gti 8?

I understand the bigger channels aren’t likely to do something like this as they can’t recommend the old car but there might be someone out there that’s done a fair comparison.

Zurbaran wrote: »
    It could be wrong of course but on the configurator the clubsport has the same 18’s as the gti.

It does. Both cars have the same standard wheels. But the 19” upgrade is prohibitively expensive on the standard car due to VRT.

• Advertisement

Has anybody come across a direct comparison review between the gti pp 7.5 and gti 8?

I understand the bigger channels aren’t likely to do something like this as they can’t recommend the old car but there might be someone out there that’s done a fair comparison.

Keep an eye on Volkswizard’s YouTube channel. I expect he’ll do exactly that in the coming days/weeks.

It does. Both cars have the same standard wheels. But the 19” upgrade is prohibitively expensive on the standard car due to VRT.

Ah right, didn’t see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

What kind of things are you looking for? Interior or performance?

Ah right, didn’t see that.

The 19inch wheels increase the CO2 by 1 gram on both cars but for some reason the Clubsport has 2 CO2s less than the next VRT bracket where as the GTI has one. So if you spec them on the GTI it increases the VRT by 4/5 percent

They really need to put some sort of warning in the configurator about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Of course the GMFV on the Clubsport is higher than the standard car. From memory, it’s about €22.5k on the CS.

545003.jpg

Here's a quote for clubsport - almost bang on Joe!

So you pay the price of a leggy Mk7 GTi as a deposit, nearly 500 a month for 3 years and you still owe €22k at the end.

No matter how you package it up its mental money.

On the VW finance quote page I could only get a quote last night for a standard gti with dsg and it was about 437 a month if I recall. They don’t have the clubsport on it. But from the quote above there isn’t much in it with regard to the monthly payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

So you pay the price of a leggy Mk7 GTi as a deposit, nearly 500 a month for 3 years and you still owe €22k at the end.

Yep. I couldn't justify it

• Advertisement

To be fair that makes it look very bad. You’d still have as asset worth what, mid 30s?

Advertisement