Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Was only thinking that Joe, would be a little more subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Gone already, lucky new owner ILikeBoats?

No wasn't me. I was weighing it all up!

I knew it wouldn't hang around but didn't think it'd be gone that quick, that's less than 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭richardbradley

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    No wasn't me. I was weighing it all up!

I knew it wouldn't hang around but didn't think it'd be gone that quick, that's less than 24 hours.

Went at 3.30 - i am looking for one too and rang them 4pm and missed out. Their phone has been hopping apparently!

It was less than 3 never mind 24! My mate was in for it too but he was low balled on his trade in and wanted to pay cash + his trade in but they sold it on finance instead.

Mad how quick good ones are selling these days.

• Advertisement

hooch-85 wrote: »
    It was less than 3 never mind 24! My mate was in for it too but he was low balled on his trade in and wanted to pay cash + his trade in but they sold it on finance instead.

Mad how quick good ones are selling these days.

looking at what else is available in that spec and at that mileage they underpriced it a little - could have got themselves an extra couple of grand there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

its mental how sought after these cars are now, especially when they are far from cheap. A 3 year old Golf at 42k is not cheap! Obviously plenty of lads out there now with lots of spare covid-savings.

I wish they were as sought after 3 years ago when I was looking to offload my one!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A few factors alright. Covid savings, working from home so no big commuter fuel bills to think about and the fact you cannot import one from the UK now for decent money either.

Yeah the tiny mileage and DCC could've added a few grand.

Why do you think the one in Blackwater hasn't sold? It's not poorly spec'd but doesn't have the DCC, leather or low mileage as above
    Is it the spielberg wheels?

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/fpa/202101147971185?journey=Search

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Why do you think the one in Blackwater hasn't sold? It's not poorly spec'd but doesn't have the DCC, leather or low mileage

The one in Wexford & Blackwater both had the same asking prices.

Wexford one seems to have had every extra ticked when new, and only 14k kms.

Blackwater one has very little extras (sunroof, Lapiz Blue(?)) and with 56k kms.

I am looking for a Golf R at the moment and am specifically looking for Lapiz Blue, but when I got the video of the one in Wexford this morning I would've dropped everything and went if I had the chance!

• Advertisement

Why do you think the one in Blackwater hasn't sold? It's not poorly spec'd but doesn't have the DCC, leather or low mileage as above

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/fpa/202101147971185?journey=Search

As you say mileage and price. At 38k it would move but at 42k it brings a lot of other cars into consideration - from the new GTI to a heck of a lot of luxury cars with good spec.

And its in Cork - so has a reduced number of people in the "call in to see it" catchment area.

I've been waiting for the right Golf R for a few weeks now but in that time I am getting highly tempted by a lot of other cars. Nice problem to have I know but not easy especially during covid times where its harder to just call in and look at cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

bazz26 wrote: »
    A few factors alright. Covid savings, working from home so no big commuter fuel bills to think about and the fact you cannot import one from the UK now for decent money either.

I think the door closed on the UK imports is a massive reason why the used values of these and similar have gotten so high.
    Realistically whatever is here now is what we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,565 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What's the verdict on this one??

http://www.carsireland.ie/2746582

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/516402352655314/

For anyone on facebook, this is for sale in the marketplace , might be a bit too modified for some on here though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/516402352655314/

For anyone on facebook, this is for sale in the marketplace , might be a bit too modified for some on here though

I wouldn't be a fan of that body kit at all. Just my opinion obviously

It's a bit much alright but easily removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Likewise. The bodykit looks absolutely cat imo. Might get away with it on a 3 door but it looks all wrong on that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

It certainly wouldn't be to my taste either but as long as it could be easily removed, it wouldn't put me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Murt102 wrote: »

Got a quick video from MSL

181 D
    Lapiz blue
    Spielbergs
    Winter pack
    Sunroof

No keyless or leather

Can't really tell much else from the video

• Advertisement

Its gone from donedeal already so probably sold

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abugarcia

Its gone from donedeal already so probably sold

Just drove in and seen the car. Its in bits! Covered in swirls, dents down both doors and the back left door has been knocked in. A typical irish car that is probably already sold 😂

Fair enough about the swirls being typical but I'd not class "dents down both doors and the back left door has been knocked in" on a fresh enough high value car to be typical.

Augeo wrote: »
    Fair enough about the swirls being typical but I'd not class "dents down both doors and the back left door has been knocked in" on a fresh enough high value car to be typical.

Irrespective of the value, if you don't look after your car its reflected in the condition. Ive viewed allot of higher end cars over the years dozens of R’s and in my experience its very typical of most i viewed. Allot of irish people don't have respect for there cars, this is no revelation.

You can see the dent in the rear left door in the video alright.

I've no doubt there's a dent....... it's not typical to have cars as described by Abugarcia IMO. With respect to 3 year old cars asking the guts of 40k if not more. Typical me arse.

I've no doubt there's a dent....... it's not typical to have cars as described by Abugarcia IMO. With respect to 3 year old cars asking the guts of 40k if not more. Typical me arse.

Its typical from what ive seen. If a well respected outfit like Msl have such a car on there forecourt at that price, why is it then hard to believe that its such a rare sight. You haven’t a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I wouldn't expect a 3 year old car like that to have multiple dents. My own Golf has a tiny dent over the rear wheel arch where someone dinged it in a car park and a tiny scuff on the driver door where it blew into a pillar in the garden that I don't even notice.

It wouldn't give me confidence about the previous owner considering these are small cars, good visibility and the parking sensors work very well in my experience. Any 2-3 year old Cupras I've looked at were immaculate. These are the sort of cars to be looked after. I wouldn't be putting that sort of money down if it was used as a bumper car.

Abugarcia wrote: »
    Its typical from what ive seen. If a well respected outfit like Msl have such a car on there forecourt at that price, why is it then hard to believe that its such a rare sight. You haven’t a clue

It is of course a rare site and if you think differently than it's yourself who doesn't have a clue IMO :)
    For all you know they might be rectifying the issues before the new owner collects the car.
    Typical from you've seen and typical aren't the same thing.

• Advertisement

It is of course a rare site and if you think differently than it's yourself who doesn't have a clue IMO :)
    For all you know they might be rectifying the issues before the new owner collects the car.
    Typical from you've seen and typical aren't the same thing.

Yes its typical for me from my experience. Your really struggling with the concept of me having my own opinion.

Advertisement