Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Austmcc wrote: »
    2 white golf R and a white Leon Cupra in Liffey Valley Tesco this evening (about 745pm when I walked by) parked pretty much beside each other. No photo cause my battery was too low.

Anyone on here?

Also was an audi rs3 doing a pull out of the car park too. 5 pot noise was amazing echoing around.

There was a car meet yesterday according to a couple of insta car spotter pages. Not sure was it Liffey Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

ianobrien wrote: »
    Just spotted the 300PS Leon on the pricelist on the Cupra website. It's €54.5k base price. That's more expensive than the Clubsport GTI and it's also dearer to tax. That being said, I didn't compare specs.

I can't see it selling well compared to the Clubsport due to it being dearer to tax, more expensive to buy and the pre-concevieved residual values after 3 to 4 years.

The road tax is €180 more, I doubt that will make much difference on a 50k+ car. Thats the 300bhp Cupra, what's interesting is there is a 245 TSi version coming too but it's not priced yet, assume this is to compete with the regular GTi. There's also a 300bhp ST 4Drive which starts at €60k.

Gone are the days of a cheap 300 odd horsepower car I'm afraid!

The 245 PHEV Cupra starts at €46k, it’s on the Cupra official.ie configurator

Seems reasonable but must have extras will surely make it GTi money easily enough.

Augeo wrote: »
    Seems reasonable but must have extras will surely make it GTi money easily enough.

Options list doesn't look too long, and relatively reasonable. https://configurator.cupraofficial.ie/seat-cc/layout1d-layout1d-009_CUPRA-en-normal.view/carline/yY0FMTC1LTDE2VlkvMC0yMDIxAGRBUS1OM0EtUTFELEYxNCBCNEI0LEY1NiAgICAgQVE?msk=1

Standard equipment is quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I see the Octavia vRS, 245 Golf GTi and PHEV Leon are around the same price. I imagine the 245 Leon will be the approx same price.

As they are all going to be the same mechanically, all have the same daft buttonless interior and around the same price, the choice will come down to the dealer and which infotainment system is less infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Just spotted the 300PS Leon on the pricelist on the Cupra website. It's €54.5k base price. That's more expensive than the Clubsport GTI and it's also dearer to tax. That being said, I didn't compare specs.

I can't see it selling well compared to the Clubsport due to it being dearer to tax, more expensive to buy and the pre-concevieved residual values after 3 to 4 years.

I’d been keeping an eye out on the price it would come in at. If it has a similar spec to the hybrid one it’ll be a good chunk more expensive than a Clubsport in the spec I’d be interested in. When the old model had more power than a GTI PP you could make an excuse for the price but unless there’s some serious discounting I can’t see many petrol 300 ones about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MoJoCaine

That's a base Cupra with DSG for €46,210.
    Base Golf with DSG is €49,235............. ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

hooch-85 wrote: »
    There's also a 300bhp ST 4Drive which starts at €60k.

I have the FWD ST and love it to bits, but I'm hoping to upgrade to the 4Drive version in the not too distant future. Would love to get that ABT upgrade too although I'm not sure that can be got in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

MoJoCaine wrote: »
    That's a base Cupra with DSG for €46,210.
    Base Golf with DSG is €49,235............. ??

To be honest its still worth paying for the golf, it'll cost you less in the long run when it comes to trade in time I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

I see the Octavia vRS, 245 Golf GTi and PHEV Leon are around the same price............... the choice will come down to the dealer and which infotainment system is less infuriating.

I think loads of GTi drivers wouldn't consider a Skoda or Seat tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

To be honest its still worth paying for the golf, it'll cost you less in the long run when it comes to trade in time I'd imagine.

Nothing wrong with Seat, they're very close in finish to the Golf but by the time you add some smaller bits like tint or ACC they're more or less the same price. Same with the standard model cars.

Only way you'll save money over a GTI would be the GTE, but that's 4.9% APR so not really much cheaper as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with Seat, they're very close in finish to the Golf but by the time you add some smaller bits like tint or ACC they're more or less the same price. Same with the standard model cars.

Only way you'll save money over a GTI would be the GTE, but that's 4.9% APR so not really much cheaper as far as I know.

I'm not denying the finish or quality, but they have lower residual value. They're better second hand buys but worse new purchases IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm not denying the finish or quality, but they have lower residual value. They're better second hand buys but worse new purchases IMO.

Of course, in terms of new pricing there isn't really much in the difference so it's hard to not go for a Golf and you have the benefit when selling them on. Every time someone posts a link to an ad here for a GTI or R the price just seems to keep going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lleyn elec

What is a fair price for a 2013 GTD 5dr, DSG, 100k miles, grey for private sale. Looking at one the weekend. It’s not on DoneDeal but I’m told the wheel need a refurb and there is full service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

9k I'd say. Depends on condition, service history, previous owners etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Muppet Man wrote: »
    9k I'd say. Depends on condition, service history, previous owners etc.

MK6 GTD's are still asking €9k. Id say it would be more in the 12-13k region if in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lleyn elec

hooch-85 wrote: »
    MK6 GTD's are still asking €9k. Id say it would be more in the 12-13k region if in good condition.
    That seems more like the prices I have seen. Of course I wish 9k was the actual figure😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Sorry, not sure what I was looking at this morning. 9 is way off. :) Hooch is closer I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ruivo

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I'm selling an APR Carbon intake for the golf R/GTI's out there.
    www .adverts.ie/engine-parts/apr-carbon-open-intake-system-mqb-ea888-gen-3-golf-audi/23243099

Got the kit to test on my Cupra Formentor but it didn't fit, and Awesome GTI does not accept returns, so I'm selling for the same price I paid after tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Hi folks. Just wondering would any of you have a rough idea what I could expect to trade in my Mk7 GTi for? Its a 142 in deep black pearl, 100000 Kms on the clock. Full service history, sat nav panoramic roof, xenon's etc. In very good condition. Looking at a nearly new motor around the €33000 mark. I've no idea what a dealer would allow, and I can't stand the idea of being insulted over the phone. Any help appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I'm getting 21k/22k allowances for my 161 with 65k km
    So 18k maybe?

The import figure to focus on is the cost to change up price, not what they allow you for your trade-in.

bazz26 wrote: »
    The import figure to focus on is the cost to change up price, not what they allow you for your trade-in.

Yep totally agree. I had it in my head of a cost to change of around 15000-16000 so u suppose I'm not too far off...

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I'm getting 21k/22k allowances for my 161 with 65k km
    So 18k maybe?

That's roughly what I had in mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I'd say 17-18k, but yeah, the cost to change is the important figure.

It might be worth trying a private sale, as the good examples seem to be in real demand at the moment.

What are you replacing it with if you don't mind me asking?
    A low mileage 142 would be perfect private sale territory IMO.

To get a good idea of what your car is worth to the motor trade, go onto the zucar.ie website and submit it for a valuation. That should give you a fair idea of the price of what the trade will want to pay for it. If your selling privately then at about 10% on top of that figure as the asking price. Anything higher given on the trade-in value will then probably be the discount taken from the car you are buying.

• Advertisement

What are you replacing it with if you don't mind me asking?
    A low mileage 142 would be perfect private sale territory IMO.

Circumstances have changed slightly, so Mrs and myself probably only need one motor going forward. Would like a little more boot space so thinking nearly new A3 saloon or 191 A4. Big change from the GTi 😒

Advertisement