Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is there kids in the mix you need the back seats for, the GTI would lug a lot more lumbar than those 2 Audi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Is there kids in the mix you need the back seats for, the GTI would lug a lot more lumbar than those 2 Audi's.

No kids. I play golf and would like to get the clubs and trolley in the boot without folding down the split rear seats. Thinking of the extra comfort/luxury you get from Audi in general. Maybe I'm wrong? I'm on my second GTi and I adore the cars. I can't seem to find a mk7.5 with low mileage either. ( Talking sub 30000kms). They are holding their value brilliantly too which I suppose is testament to the car itself.
    Maybe I should just be patient and something might come up in the coming weeks/ months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

If you like your GTi and how they drive an Audi will bore you. I made a similar move about 5 years ago when I sold a mk5 GTi for a B8 A4. I kept it less than a year and bought a new Fiesta ST, which are polar opposites but I couldn't wait to get back into a fun car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

ruivo wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone is interested, but I'm selling an APR Carbon intake for the golf R/GTI's out there.
    www .adverts.ie/engine-parts/apr-carbon-open-intake-system-mqb-ea888-gen-3-golf-audi/23243099

Got the kit to test on my Cupra Formentor but it didn't fit, and Awesome GTI does not accept returns, so I'm selling for the same price I paid after tax.

You're going to find it very hard to sell it for the same price you paid for it, even if it is brand new (I'm guessing not exactly brand new and never out of the box, as you probably tried to fit it?).

You might have to accept taking a bit of a hit here and knocking 100 quid off it to get it shifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

hooch-85 wrote: »
    If you like your GTi and how they drive an Audi will bore you. I made a similar move about 5 years ago when I sold a mk5 GTi for a B8 A4. I kept it less than a year and bought a new Fiesta ST, which are polar opposites but I couldn't wait to get back into a fun car.

You have actually described my biggest fear about this, that i would miss the driving pleasure you get from a GTi. It is truly a fantastic car to drive. I've really looked after my cars and they have never let me down, so I'd definitely stay German....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

bazz26 wrote: »
    To get a good idea of what your car is worth to the motor trade, go onto the zucar.ie website and submit it for a valuation. That should give you a fair idea of the price of what the trade will want to pay for it. If your selling privately then at about 10% on top of that figure as the asking price. Anything higher given on the trade-in value will then probably be the discount taken from the car you are buying.

I wouldn’t go by them at all.

I gave 2k more than what they offered a guy for his car, and still made 5k on the car.

They’re horribly under value stuff. Part of the Joe Duffy group

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

You have actually described my biggest fear about this, that i would miss the driving pleasure you get from a GTi. It is truly a fantastic car to drive. I've really looked after my cars and they have never let me down, so I'd definitely stay German....

Tbf I have had a B8 A4, B9 A4 and a Golf GTI. I think the B9 A4 is a lot better than the B8 big step up. Ultimately any diesel saloon will be a little boring compared to a GTI that’s just the way it is. That doesn’t really make the A4 a bad car. I would go for one over an A3 for more space and also the A4 has the better interior. If you don’t need extra space though and don’t do enough miles to warrant a diesel I don’t see the point in changing away from the GTI unless there is an other reason I am missing.

Worth noting the B9 A4 is a lot lighter than the B8 so it makes it sharper to drive.

I'd be with CIP4 tbh .......... pootling around the GTi is a nice Golf, a 2019 A4 is far nicer. I'd a 2019 GTi for a 3 day rental and as great as it was it's what it is, a fast car that's a great all rounder.......... but it is at the end of the day a Golf.
    You won't find too many folk in a Golf GTi forum/thread telling you to go for an A4.

You'll know yourself, if you don't go on spirited drives too much etc you'd nothing to worry about.

No offence to anyone or anything.

Just a heads up on this in case anyone was tempted.

Cat S in the UK, 8 former owners and was somehow registered in the wrong tax band.

If it seems too good to be true...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/161-vw-golf-r-mk7-2-0tsi-4x4-305bhp-high-spec/27615956

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Cat S in the UK, 8 former owners and was somehow registered in the wrong tax band.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/161-vw-golf-r-mk7-2-0tsi-4x4-305bhp-high-spec/27615956

It’s the ultra rare 305bhp model too...

• Advertisement

maddness wrote: »
    It’s the ultra rare 305bhp model too...

If you look up the reg on Cartell its down as 305bhp model, to compound the skepticism even more:D

Make & Model VOLKSWAGEN GOLF
    Description 2.0 R TSI 5DR 305BHP
    Engine Capacity 1984

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

Just out of curiosity how did you find that out?

A member in a group I am is in the trade and has access to reg/history checks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Are those wheels standard with an R? They look really small in the side on pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Probably 18" Cadiz wheels - believe these were the standard wheel on the R

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Probably 18" Cadiz wheels - believe these were the standard wheel on the R

Standard on the UK models. The Irish ones came with 19s as standard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Makes sense actually, my old R had 19" Cadiz on it

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JohnnyMustang22

Lewis motors have a 161 plate R in.

Decent spec.

https://www.lewismotors.ie/vehicles/volkswagen/golf/dublin/2793435

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Sold in a few hours he said on his Instagram.

Think we've seen that car a few times, atlantic blue with the tan leather

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

Was that one not up for a while each previous time? How are they able to sell them within hours?

• Advertisement

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Sold in a few hours he said on his Instagram.

Think we've seen that car a few times, atlantic blue with the tan leather

A garage called Evra Motors had that for sale for about 3k cheaper a few months back but everything has gone crazy prices wise since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Easy spotted now it's already been mentioned but unusual to see it has wind deflectors on both rear doors but not the fronts and there is no liner in the passenger front wheel arch.

Rough out. Imagine 10 owners in 5 years and each more careful than the last i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

I've just bought a mk7.5 GTD and I'm looking for a set of 19" wheels if anyone has a set? Genuine Brescia or Spielberg and must be in v good nick. Tyres irrelevant Cash waiting if anyone has anything?

I've just bought a mk7.5 GTD and I'm looking for a set of 19" wheels if anyone has a set? Genuine Brescia or Spielberg and must be in v good nick. Tyres irrelevant Cash waiting if anyone has anything?

You can buy brescia brand new for a good price here

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/wheels-19-inch-rims-brescia-golf-7-gti-genuine-volkswagen.htm

SaintsYB wrote: »
    Was that one not up for a while each previous time? How are they able to sell them within hours?

Charisma!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Back when ye could drive your car, and go surfing etc...

Screenshot-20210326-082137-com-google-android-apps-photos-edit-123531423354066.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭eggy81

Does anyone know was dynamic lighting assist or auto dipped headlights standard spec on the mk7.5 gtd(uk model). It’s either been deleted from my car or it never had it. It has the dynamic cornering lights alright. How would I know if it’s possible to have either of the above coded in.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

DLA was never standard, but HBA (High Beam Assist) was AFAIR here. I think it was the same in the UK. I’m open to be corrected here.

You need a camera below the rear view mirror for HBA and a camera above the mirror for DLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭eggy81

Hebegeebee wrote: »
    DLA was never standard, but HBA (High Beam Assist) was AFAIR here. I think it was the same in the UK. I’m open to be corrected here.

You need a camera below the rear view mirror for HBA and a camera above the mirror for DLA.

Thanks. This is what I have behind mirror sensor wise. It recognises signs which I think is enough for high beam assist but I’m never sure if it’s coming from a sensor or the sat nav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I don’t think HBA was ever standard in the UK but afaik the proper DLA became standard in later 7.5’s.

Advertisement