Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

For anyone looking for an R....

http://www.carsireland.ie/2818224

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Lads the glass fell off the wife's wing mirror, didn't shatter surprisingly. Any suggestions on how to fit it back on? Its a heated wing mirror. Golf mk vii.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Wailin wrote: »
    Lads the glass fell off the wife's wing mirror, didn't shatter surprisingly. Any suggestions on how to fit it back on? Its a heated wing mirror. Golf mk vii.

Extremely common! Seems almost like a running joke among owners in Facebook groups at this stage. I also had it happen to the wife's A4 last year. I used a bit of super glue and it did the job.

I think leaving the heated mirrors in the on-position all the time causes it, or at least makes it happen sooner.

Thanks Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Same, have owned 3 golfs and had it happen on all 3 (all heated mirrors)

Bit of super glue and remember not to leave switched to heated all the time and it never happened again.....so far

• Advertisement

He much prefers it over the R he had last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

221 reg then so? What colour did ye go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭MarkN

Have a white CS next week, let me know if there's anything in particular that should be included on camera/that you think should be covered from your perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

MarkN wrote: »
    Have a white CS next week, let me know if there's anything in particular that should be included on camera/that you think should be covered from your perspective.

Could you do a detailed review on the boot space??

:D

• Advertisement

Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

MarkN wrote: »

Do you know what spec it has yet? I'd be interested to know how good the Harman Larson speakers are over standard if it has it...

I think you'd find the answer to most of those questions in a standard Golf review. I'd imagine most people seeking out a performance car review aren't too interested in those details and if one dwelled on it... I'd skip to the next video tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The likes of Autogefuhl usually cover all the practical and smaller detail stuff, I find them good to watch if you have 30-45 minutes to kill. They're usually quite honest about quality, spec, fuel consumption, comparison to the rivals etc. I find Mark is also quite honest about these things, some fiddly details might be missed due to the shorter video length but all the important details are usually covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

OSI wrote: »
    One thing I don't see reviewers doing much is covering what they're like to live with day to day.
    Is it handy to park?
    Are the mirrors a pointless decoration?
    What's it like to get the kids and their **** in?
    Is it quiet on the motorway or do you have to shout at each other?
    Do the seats give you a numb arse on a long drive?
    Is the Mrs going to lose half her belongings in door pockets that inexplicably disappear in the door frame?

You need to get out of that family wagon, fast! Haha. :P

DaveyDave wrote: »
    The likes of Autogefuhl usually cover all the practical and smaller detail stuff, I find them good to watch if you have 30-45 minutes to kill. They're usually quite honest about quality, spec, fuel consumption, comparison to the rivals etc. I find Mark is also quite honest about these things, some fiddly details might be missed due to the shorter video length but all the important details are usually covered.

Yeah, that's the gold-standard reviewer if you want all the nitty gritty anorak-level details. He even whips out a measuring tape for the boot space.

You should have done that in the M3 review Mark :P

I actually did do that in the ID.4 but because people were buying the car off the plans! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭shanec1928

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the gold-standard reviewer if you want all the nitty gritty anorak-level details. He even whips out a measuring tape for the boot space.

You should have done that in the M3 review Mark :P
    can’t beat hearing that all important door shut :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

How much was the red MK 8 clubsport, that was being sold in Cork going for?

It's ended up with your man from Lewis Motors, €52,950.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

GavRedKing wrote: »
    How much was the red MK 8 clubsport, that was being sold in Cork going for?

It's ended up with your man from Lewis Motors, €52,950.

No idea but it’s a lovely car

• Advertisement

I think the guy in Cork had it up originally for about 55k but later it was 52-53k, similar to what Lewis has it for.

To me it’s a strange. Very close to the price of a brand new one.

Ya, that's what I was wondering. Surely if you're spending 50k onna car you'd go through the main dealer if stock allows it

It is a really nice car in the fleah, I think I seen it down here last weekend passing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the guy in Cork had it up originally for about 55k but later it was 52-53k, similar to what Lewis has it for.

To me it’s a strange. Very close to the price of a brand new one.

I'd say the problem is that you might not get a new one for ages with the lead time on these cars due to semiconductor shortages. I'm sure someone might be eager to get their hands on one straight away rather than waiting months or even next year for one.

There's 2 or 3 in a similar ball park figures (+/- 5%) around the country, not sure on spec though, from main dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Are they still for sale though? Some dealers have been using stock photos or haven't taken down the adverts of cars already sold. I'd imagine they are not a car that sits in a showroom for long especially if there are long lead times for factory orders.

It’s way too close to new retail imo, I’d happily wait 6 months for a factory order before I’d give Lewis 53k for a car that’s done laps of the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

It’s way too close to new retail imo, I’d happily wait 6 months for a factory order before I’d give Lewis 53k for a car that’s done laps of the country!

Was in a VW garage on Friday, you will be waiting at least 6 months (possibly NINE) for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

Does that mean if someone buys the car from Lewis Motors they'll be the third owner?

SaintsYB wrote: »
    Does that mean if someone buys the car from Lewis Motors they'll be the third owner?

2nd I would say. Lewis wouldn’t count as an owner on the log book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

Does anyone have access to the pricing for MK7.5 GTI/GTD/R for 2019 please?

Advertisement