Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I have on my work PC. Remind me on Tuesday and I'll send you a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

kodirl wrote: »
    Does anyone have access to the pricing for MK7.5 GTI/GTD/R for 2019 please?

Attached is for December 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

Than you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I have on my work PC. Remind me on Tuesday and I'll send you a copy.

Thank you Hooch-85, but another user has given me what I needed

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I see on the options list they have
    19" Brescia alloy wheels
    8J x 19 Tyres: 225/55 R19... on my car 2016 performance GTI which I have about 3 months were fitted with Brescia 8.5j x19 tyres 235/35/19 now the rubber on them is budget so I'm changing soon anyone have advice on whether i could increase the profile from the current 35“ to a 40" or even 45" profile... Just looking at the them and there's not a whole lot between the alloy and the tarmac /potholes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I'm certain those tyre sizes in the brochure are wrong. 55 section would be massive. I had a look at an old photo of the stock wheels/tyres that came on my golf and they are 35 profile:

Screenshot-20210504-102626-com-google-android-apps-photos.jpg

You could increase the profile slightly but I wouldn't mess with it. You'll also mess with the speedo slightly by increasing the circumference etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I see on the options list they have
    19" Brescia alloy wheels
    8J x 19 Tyres: 225/55 R19... on my car 2016 performance GTI which I have about 3 months were fitted with Brescia 8.5j x19 tyres 235/35/19 now the rubber on them is budget so I'm changing soon anyone have advice on whether i could increase the profile from the current 35“ to a 40" or even 45" profile... Just looking at the them and there's not a whole lot between the alloy and the tarmac /potholes

That's definitely wrong. 235/35 is the correct size for the 19" wheels

bazz26 wrote: »
    Are they still for sale though? Some dealers have been using stock photos or haven't taken down the adverts of cars already sold. I'd imagine they are not a car that sits in a showroom for long especially if there are long lead times for factory orders.

Pierse’s one is parked out the front on the plinth, but I don’t see it advertised. There may be a few more like it around the country if you could convince them to sell it to you.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I'm certain those tyre sizes in the brochure are wrong. 55 section would be massive. I had a look at an old photo of the stock wheels/tyres that came on my golf and they are 35 profile:

Screenshot-20210504-102626-com-google-android-apps-photos.jpg

You could increase the profile slightly but I wouldn't mess with it. You'll also mess with the speedo slightly by increasing the circumference etc.

Thanks.... Exactly what i thought as well 55" just seems wrong... Now on my mine there's lovely fresh rubber but as the mileage goes up the rubber gets less they'll be the equivalent to a 30" I'd say soon... I'm so conscious of the roads I'm on... The alloys are 19x8.5J with a et 45

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I didn't realise any OE wheels from VW came in 8.5J... most of them are actually 7.5J with the odd outliers being 8J.

Are you sure your Brescia's are original and not reps of some description?

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    I didn't realise any OE wheels from VW came in 8.5J... most of them are actually 7.5J with the odd outliers being 8J.

Are you sure your Brescia's are original and not reps of some description?

Oh definitely not original but an excellent rep ... And thankfully not diamond cut
    Yeah the 8.5j as opposed to factory 8j is bothering me because there's a little bit of tyre stretch which is giving me less protection as you can see in the photo.. It's concerning for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Surely a wider tyre would resolve that, not a bigger tyre wall. Benefit of a wider tyre will give you a tiny bit more side wall for profile, about an extra 3mm from 235 to 245.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Surely a wider tyre would resolve that, not a bigger tyre wall.

245?

Thanks... Before I decide I'm trying to figure out is it the El cheapo tyre's on the wheel's that are the problem or the 8.5j alloys... I'm thinking maybe the 8.5j alloys are best suited towards a 245" rather than the 235"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'd personally never go higher than a 235 on an 8.5J, but then again I don't like the meaty Yank look on my tyres. Just look for a brand with a rim/curb protector, such as the Eagle F1's. They'll still extend beyond the wheel even if stretched a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭MarkN

There she is!

71211443-E38-F-4807-A65-C-C7-BEF72-AC303.jpg
    0-D3-C184-F-EAD1-4-B2-A-B9-E0-771-A9-BC6-AA7-E.jpg
    9-EF2-A64-F-5529-4-DDA-80-C3-EC2-AC3-A78957.jpg
    C91-FD66-B-459-F-419-D-A2-EA-9-FF67-A95118-C.jpg
    E0-FE665-B-CF0-A-49-E5-ADC8-87205107143-F.jpg
    2252836-F-123-C-406-E-96-A6-86-E12-CF1879-E.jpg
    0-A90-EC4-E-3715-43-E0-8-D70-86-D5781-AAF31.jpg
    8-E78659-C-E264-46-C0-860-E-BFD9200-E2-ECF.jpg
    16-A4-E79-F-DC32-425-A-A321-C9-FBAF7-CF51-C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Yay or Nay, Mark?

If you want a special edition, I get it but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the standard GTI. It doesn’t get the power down as well as the standard car either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice looking car apart from those stickers at the bottom. Are the controls on the steering wheel all touch controls or are there any physical buttons?

Haptic buttons on the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

MarkN wrote: »
    It doesn’t get the power down as well as the standard car either.

That may be something to do with the Bridgestone tyres on that particular car which are never noted for their cold weather grip. I’m sure a change to better rubber would remedy that as it has done for previous models. Or I could be completely wrong in this instance :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Zero per cent finance available on all VW cars since the first of May apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Zero per cent finance available on all VW cars since the first of May apparently.

Even the eHybrid and GTE? 4.9% on those isn't doing them any favours.

Golf is covered. ID.3 covered. ID.4 is not covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Interesting. Are the performance Golf's definitely included in it, do you know Mark? They've often done 0% before on the standard Golf but very infrequently have offered it on the R / GTI.

EDIT, just looked on VW.ie and it appears the GTI is included for sure. And a 3 year service plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Interesting. Are the performance Golf's definitely included in it, do you know Mark? They've often done 0% before on the standard Golf but very infrequently have offered it on the R / GTI.

EDIT, just looked on VW.ie and it appears the GTI is included for sure. And a 3 year service plan.
    No excuse left now Joe?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I hate to back track on my 5 door hate but the edition 45 is very tempting for me.
    0% finance too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Neilw wrote: »
    I hate to back track on my 5 door hate

Never thought I'd see the day Neil :pac:

I'm not sure about the Ed45. Its not a proper special edition like previous Editions. No mechanical differences unless you count the exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya, I was waiting for a MK7.5 TCR to pop up or I was even considering a 330e (totally different cars, I know) but the 0% has me tempted.

Yeah all included, was on a web thing with VW Ireland earlier. ID.4 is 3.8 or 3.9%, can’t remember which. ID.4 and ID.3 commanding massive BEV market share in Ireland now which for new models is expected I suppose. ID.4 in top 30 models (of all fuel types) and best selling EV at moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

@MarkN - when will your review of the GTI Clubsport be uploaded?

Advertisement