Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

There's a moonstone grey Mk8 R Line near me, looks nice. One of the lads in work has it on an ID.3 but it looks better on the Golf.

If you order a car now would the 0% not apply when you take delivery? I know you sign the finance agreement on/around delivery but when you sign the order paperwork that has all the figures on it from what I remember? Otherwise it would just apply to what's in stock now?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Going to ring VW down here see if I can get a few figures on a new clubsport on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Byrnesy919

Anyone know if the i30N is available here? I can find it no problem on Uk website. I think it’s 5k less than the gti, I’m quite intrigued by it I must say and it looks quite nice and sounds awesome

There's a fair few i30ns in the last few years, I'm sure if you went to a dealer theyed get one.

The N division is something Hyundai are pushing , I think there's a i20n coming too, tonl rival the Fiesta ST and the super mini hot hatch market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Byrnesy919 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the i30N is available here? I can find it no problem on Uk website. I think it’s 5k less than the gti, I’m quite intrigued by it I must say and it looks quite nice and sounds awesome

I test drove an i30N last year, fun car, definitely more boisterous than my GTI. For me it wasn't a particularly appealing proposition to live with however. Exhaust is very loud, the ride I found too hard even in normal damper settings and it wheelspun surprisingly easily on good tyres. I was surprised when I sat back into my GTI at just how much nicer an environment it is and it still has plenty of fun factor.

• Advertisement

eljono wrote: »
    I test drove an i30N last year, fun car, definitely more boisterous than my GTI. For me it wasn't a particularly appealing proposition to live with however. Exhaust is very loud, the ride I found too hard even in normal damper settings and it wheelspun surprisingly easily on good tyres. I was surprised when I sat back into my GTI at just how much nicer an environment it is and it still has plenty of fun factor.

Is your gti a mk7? I dont fancy the mk7 interiors, i was in my mates 1.6 mk7.5 last week and it just felt a bit cheap on the dials but the nav display was quite nice. It has a facelift now with bigger screen etc. Golfs are definitely more premium though.

Only thing making me consider gti atm is 0% finance

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

https://pasteboard.co/K10x5dB.jpg

Both my father and better half have MK7.5s in Atlantic. It’s a great colour, looks brilliant when it’s polished and when the sun hits it’s a different colour altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Took a few months but I got an answer from Hyundai Ireland a few weeks back saying they will be bringing in the facelifted i30N, supposedly available in July. They didn't know if the spec would match the UK version.

I think mooneys were advertising the new one to gauge interest even though they didn't know if they'd be stocking it.

Nice to hear. I thought when buying/ financing a new car you could walk in and ‘build’ or ‘configure’ what options and color you want no? Or is it just what they have in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Of course you can, the final price is based on what you actually want whether it be a car already in stock or whether it be a factory order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The problem arises when the offers are confined to a reg period. Ie if you order a car with 0percent today the fine print could say “must be regged in Q1 or H1 2021. Ie if it landed on the 20th of June you’d have to get it to get the zero percent.

Called to VW today in Cork, was told there's at least a 3month wait, questioned it and if the 0% would still apply and was told it would.

But the salesman wasn't sure about the VRT band rate with the optional extras so was reaching out to VW for an answer before I put money down.

Not 100% confident with them but I'll see what they come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Called to VW today in Cork, was told there's at least a 3month wait, questioned it and if the 0% would still apply and was told it would.

But the salesman wasn't sure about the VRT band rate with the optional extras so was reaching out to VW for an answer before I put money down.

Not 100% confident with them but I'll see what they come back with.

It will be minimum 3 months and as things stand, you’d be doing very well to get a factory order within that timeframe. In normal times it would have taken at least 10-12 weeks. As for the finance rate, it applies for the “212” registration period. If your car doesn’t arrive until the new year, that offer may expire but it’s possible they’ll hold it for you.

Optional extras don’t impact the VRT rate on the Clubsport. It’s been talked about here at length. Sales staff just aren’t clued in on this stuff.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    It will be minimum 3 months and as things stand, you’d be doing very well to get a factory order within that timeframe. In normal times it would have taken at least 10-12 weeks. As for the finance rate, it applies for the “212” registration period. If your car doesn’t arrive until the new year, that offer may expire but it’s possible they’ll hold it for you.

Optional extras don’t impact the VRT rate on the Clubsport. It’s been talked about here at length. Sales staff just aren’t clued in on this stuff.

Ya, I was sure I heard the options on the clubsport won't send the VRT into the next tax band but couldn't dig it out on demand on the phone.

Ah I'm not too pushed with waiting TBH but if it was delayed until the very end of the year I'd be pretty apprehensive to take a 212, and it would be purely plate snobbery :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Did the salesman mention stuff that's in stock already? S&R motors have one on their showroom floor if you Google their Facebook page. Other end of the country from you though.

183052279_3876645012384820_1694778201592219430_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=3Q6RhRnyuOgAX-od3Jn&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&tp=14&oh=65a6e6c3eb810fdd09a394bafe5a05df&oe=60BFFE68

What’s the gmfv on the club sport after say 3 years? The website doesn’t let me try pcp finance on the gti’s.

Have you considered the the bmw 128ti?

My configuration with 2.8 k of options gives me otr 54k @38% vrt
    3yr pcp w/10k deposit is €600 p/m

Club sport with 2.9k options give 60.8k otr damnnn

What’s the gmfv on the club sport after say 3 years? The website doesn’t let me try pcp finance on the gti’s.

Have you considered the the bmw 128ti?

My configuration with 2.8 k of options gives me otr 54k @38% vrt
    3yr pcp w/10k deposit is €600 p/m

Club sport with 2.9k options give 60.8k otr damnnn

Your figures sound way off. You’d have 6-7k of options on the CS to hit 61K.

Gmfv is around 22.5k.

The one thing that kills me about the Clubsport is that strip along the bottom of the doors. It just shouts max power to me. I heard it cannot be deleted from the factory when ordered, would anyone be brave enough to have someone try removing it afterwards?

bazz26 wrote: »
    The one thing that kills me about the Clubsport is that strip along the bottom of the doors. It just shouts max power to me. I heard it cannot be deleted from the factory when ordered, would anyone be brave enough to have someone try removing it afterwards?

You’re getting old Baz !

It would be very easy to remove it if you were so inclined. On a darker colour it’s much less noticeable too. Personally I can’t understand why they didn’t run it into the back door.

Maybe I am but still wouldn't be my thing. Good to know it can be removed easily.

• Advertisement

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Your figures sound way off. You’d have 6-7k of options on the CS to hit 61K.

Gmfv is around 22.5k.

It shows me a base price of €57,940

Are you looking at the Clubsport 45 price? The Clubsport 45 is a special edition marking 45 years of the GTi.

It shows me a base price of €57,940

You’re looking at the wrong (5.5k more expensive) car.

Here’s the product guide: https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/2021/my21_master/GolfPerformance_MY21.pdf

Ah I see now. What I don’t get either is why are these cars rated at 37% instead of 26% vrt since they fall in the 150-170 g/km c02. 11-12k vrt for the bmw 😶

Ah I see now. What I don’t get either is why are these cars rated at 37% instead of 26% vrt since they fall in the 150-170 g/km c02. 11-12k vrt for the bmw 😶

What are you looking at?

The product guide on previous post:

Screenshot-20210511-010214-com-google-android-apps-docs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭MarkN

Decals would be easy enough to get off I'd imagine - bit of tar remover around the edges and they would lift.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    What are you looking at?

The product guide on previous post:

Screenshot-20210511-010214-com-google-android-apps-docs.jpg

Yes I see just very odd that the bmw has a WLTP of 157-170 which on the revenue website falls under 26% same as the gti’s. Thats also with no options fitted

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, I was sure I heard the options on the clubsport won't send the VRT into the next tax band but couldn't dig it out on demand on the phone.

Ah I'm not too pushed with waiting TBH but if it was delayed until the very end of the year I'd be pretty apprehensive to take a 212, and it would be purely plate snobbery :o

I may have the VRT thing wrong. Played around with the configurator this morning. Configurators are usually full of mistakes but I get the impression this one is generally very accurate.

It looks like there are 2 options you need to be very careful with - sunroof and leather. Either on their own looks ok but if you spec both, the configurator has the car at 171g/km and a car that was mid 50’s has tipped into 63-64k very quickly!

This helps explain why there’s a couple of these cars on Carzone which seem on paper to be very strongly priced. Likely that they were heavily optioned, leather, sunroof and 19’s.

OSI wrote: »
    Do some of the panels look a tad misaligned in that S&R Clubsport?

Vintage, did you have it out for a wee spin? :pac:

• Advertisement

ahem.... not guilty.

Might call in on the way home today for a look at it.

Advertisement