Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Looked fine to me when I was in that very showroom two weeks ago.

Only opened the drivers door before I get any blame lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

vintagevrs wrote: »
    ahem.... not guilty.

Might call in on the way home today for a look at it.

Sold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Sold

Well wear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nothing fast or fun is hanging around long. All that money saved up during Covid lockdown is burning a hole in pockets. The car market is mad at the moment, stuff selling for close to asking price, hard to know if it's a long term fixture or just a bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I may have the VRT thing wrong. Played around with the configurator this morning. Configurators are usually full of mistakes but I get the impression this one is generally very accurate.

It looks like there are 2 options you need to be very careful with - sunroof and leather. Either on their own looks ok but if you spec both, the configurator has the car at 171g/km and a car that was mid 50’s has tipped into 63-64k very quickly!

This helps explain why there’s a couple of these cars on Carzone which seem on paper to be very strongly priced. Likely that they were heavily optioned, leather, sunroof and 19’s.

I picked everything on the Clubsport but the leather and it was coming in as 170g/km so it was under the next band.

Dealers rang me back in Cork confirm it was under it and 2was looking for 1,500 deposit.

I reached out to FK Liffey valley, they have a reflex silver unregistered and are looking for 65.2k for it but it's got everything but leather, bit too rich for my blood but if someone doesn't want to wait a few months, could be a great car, I've actually changed my mind on black with silver Estoril to reflex silver with black Estoril thanks to the FK pics.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I reached out to FK Liffey valley, they have a reflex silver unregistered and are looking for 65.2k for it but it's got everything but leather, bit too rich for my blood but

Huge money. Obviously one of the options on that car has tipped it into the next VRT band. I **think** that car is a cancelled order, a guy I was in touch with months ago ordered a loaded up silver CS in Keane's but changed his mind and has an R on order now instead.

Ya, at that price point, you're not very far off an R, or even the more special, CS 45 edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Ya, at that price point, you're not very far off an R, or even the more special, CS 45 edition.

Out of curiosity, are you still driving a Fiesta ST? I remember your user name from the Fiesta thread when I had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Sold

To you?! or in general

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    To you?! or in general

No not me! :)

• Advertisement

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, are you still driving a Fiesta ST? I remember your user name from the Fiesta thread when I had one.

I still do, 5 and half years later. :o

Great little car in fairness but I want something a little bit bigger and more "grown up".

I toyed with the idea of a 7.5 TCR but they're rare on the ground and near impossible to get reasonably post Brexit.

Mk8 CS should fill the spot, just have to get over the final hurdle in any man's life when getting a car, convince herself but in fairness to her, she's pretty much on board with it as long as it's not white. :o

I still do, 5 and half years later. :o

Great little car in fairness but I want something a little bit bigger and more "grown up".

I toyed with the idea of a 7.5 TCR but they're rare on the ground and near impossible to get reasonably post Brexit.

Mk8 CS should fill the spot, just have to get over the final hurdle in any man's life when getting a car, convince herself but in fairness to her, she's pretty much on board with it as long as it's not white. :o

Fair play, I remember we both took delivery around the same time. I changed mine in July 2018 for a MK7 GTD for the same reasons, needed something a bit more grown up, and subsequently got sick of diesel and changed that for an R in 2019.

In ways I still miss the Fiesta and I probably got rid a bit too early, I got 15k for it in the trade in and they are still making in or around that money now for 2016 examples.

Would love to be in a position to buy a MK8 CS but I'm afraid that's a long way off for me at the minute.

Would you trade the R for a clubsport?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Would you trade the R for a clubsport?

If I had the money I probably would but too much other priorities at the minute (creche fees anyone:eek:?) so realistically I can see myself keeping the R for another 3 years anyway.

If I had the money I probably would but too much other priorities at the minute (creche fees anyone:eek:?) so realistically I can see myself keeping the R for another 3 years anyway.

I can't.

:pac:

Agreed, childcare is a killer!!
    I can't.

:D:D

I can't.

With the price of the new ones Joe they are out of my league for a long time yet. I might be able to buy your low mileage nicely specced 2022 reg CS in 2025 when you're trading up again all going well:D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JohnnyMustang22

2019 R for Sale down in Louth at strong money.

https://www.gerrycumiskeyvolkswagen.ie/en/used-cars/164784

Deposit down on a Clubsport.

Reflex silver
    Estoril alloys
    Winter pack
    ACC
    Parallel Park Assist
    Rear Camera

End of August estimated delivery but as lads were saying here and same when I spoke to FK VW, I'd expect that to be closer to October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Nice spec, colour looks really well on them too. It’s going to be a long wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It’s funny how colours come in and out. You couldn’t give away a Reflex MK7 and yet it’s the nicest colour on the MK8 and the same story with the Tiguan R line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

L-M wrote: »
    It’s funny how colours come in and out. You couldn’t give away a Reflex MK7 and yet it’s the nicest colour on the MK8 and the same story with the Tiguan R line.

I don’t know, the new metallic red is stunning

maddness wrote: »
    I don’t know, the new metallic red is stunning

I don’t think it suits the GTI tbh. Looks good in bright showroom lights but it’s a bit “burgundy” most of the time. And kinda clashes with the brighter red GTI stripes, brakes, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MoJoCaine

What's this thing with all the black gloss ?

https://www.fkvwdeansgrange.ie/en/used-cars/150117

MoJoCaine wrote: »
    What's this thing with all the black gloss ?

https://www.fkvwdeansgrange.ie/en/used-cars/150117

Keane's themselves did that. I'd be interested in seeing what thats like up close. Its not a small job to paint all those bits and a hell of a job to do it properly...

I'm sure the bodyshop they used did it properly :)

Keane's themselves did that. I'd be interested in seeing what thats like up close. Its not a small job to paint all those bits and a hell of a job to do it properly...

Thank feck for that. I've a black pack on order and nearly dropped
    as I thought this was it. Want the matt look.

Thank feck for that. I've a black pack on order and nearly dropped
    as I thought this was it. Want the matt look.

Really? I'd love if there was less matt-black tbh... the gloss does look well imo, if its done from factory of course!

You're also aware that you lose the red stripe on the grill with the black pack?

I'm about to order one myself. Probably will seal it in the next day or two. Just sussing out a few things first.

Really? I'd love if there was less matt-black tbh... the gloss does look well imo, if its done from factory of course!

You're also aware that you lose the red stripe on the grill with the black pack?

I'm about to order one myself. Probably will seal it in the next day or two. Just sussing out a few things first.

Know I'll lose the red stripe but want low key. This is the only
    other one I've seen.
    https://www.facebook.com/FrankKeaneVolkswagen/posts/5495992550473155

• Advertisement

Know I'll lose the red stripe but want low key. This is the only
    other one I've seen.
    https://www.facebook.com/FrankKeaneVolkswagen/posts/5495992550473155

Yes, thats the car Gav got details on earlier in this thread.... 65 grand!!

Advertisement