Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MoJoCaine

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Yes, thats the car Gav got details on earlier in this thread.... 65 grand!!

€65k :eek: ............that's nuts ! I only went with rv cam, winter, dcc, 19" Est.
    Moonstone, hence the black.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

MoJoCaine wrote: »
    €65k :eek: ............that's nuts ! I only went with rv cam, winter, dcc.
    Moonstone, hence the black.

There's so many boxes ticked on that car, that it has tipped into the next VRT band, so its gone from a 57-58k car to a 65k car because the sunroof and/or HK audio was spec'd.

Ordered 2nd week Jan. Confirmed wk21 build so 212 plate.

Ordered 2nd week Jan. Confirmed wk21 build so 212 plate.

Yikes. Lead times are a real problem. Getting a BW is one thing, then you're waiting for them to ship the bloody thing. My Dad's Tiguan was built 3 weeks ago and there's no sign of it getting on a boat.

Yikes. Lead times are a real problem. Getting a BW is one thing, then you're waiting for them to ship the bloody thing. My Dad's Tiguan was built 3 weeks ago and there's no sign of it getting on a boat.

Watch this space :) ............ https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:7.191/centery:53.348/zoom:15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Oh jesus I remember that pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

What's this thing with all the black gloss ?

https://www.fkvwdeansgrange.ie/en/used-cars/150117

What seats are in this car? They don’t appear to be the same as in other clubsports I’ve seen and look like the leather ones but the ad doesn’t mention leather.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    What seats are in this car? They don’t appear to be the same as in other clubsports I’ve seen and look like the leather ones but the ad doesn’t mention leather.

That's the leather option. I'm not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

What's this thing with all the black gloss ?

https://www.fkvwdeansgrange.ie/en/used-cars/150117

That looks far nicer than the unpainted trim. It should have been like that from factory IMO.

SaintsYB wrote: »
    That looks far nicer than the unpainted trim. It should have been like that from factory IMO.

Can't disagree but I would be a bit wary of it being done aftermarket like that. Assuming it looks a good job now, how will it weather? Stone chips, general wear and tear... gloss black is pretty unforgiving when factory finished, never mind aftermarket. The matt black will surely age better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

Can't disagree but I would be a bit wary of it being done aftermarket like that. Assuming it looks a good job now, how will it weather? Stone chips, general wear and tear... gloss black is pretty unforgiving when factory finished, never mind aftermarket. The matt black will surely age better.

All very true. As far as I'm aware it has to be sanded down so it's completely smooth and then painted the same as a body panel would be.

It's the same reason I guess that Porsche don't paint the front splitter on GT cars. It'll wear far better as is and when it comes to replacing it, it's far cheaper if you do need to.

Really? I'd love if there was less matt-black tbh... the gloss does look well imo, if its done from factory of course!

You're also aware that you lose the red stripe on the grill with the black pack?

I'm about to order one myself. Probably will seal it in the next day or two. Just sussing out a few things first.
    What spec you thinking of Joe?
    I’m guessing white clubsport with heated seats, reverse camera and adaptive suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Looks really well in that reflex silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭shanec1928

it’s really luck of the draw I’d had my new leon delivered in February in under 10 days from being finished in the factory.

What spec you thinking of Joe?
    I’m guessing white clubsport with heated seats, reverse camera and adaptive suspension.

The boss has over-ruled on white, but otherwise yeah, that's it! Plus the 19" estorils.

I'm between blue, silver and moonstone. My last car was kinda close to moonstone and I want something different with a bit more metallic pop, so I think its really down to the other 2.

The boss has over-ruled on white, but otherwise yeah, that's it! Plus the 19" estorils.

I'm between blue, silver and moonstone. My last car was kinda close to moonstone and I want something different with a bit more metallic pop, so I think its really down to the other 2.

Sorry forgot the essential alloy upgrade!
    Whoever signed off the standard wheels is very clever as they know loads will upgrade them. Very similar to BMW they make the standard alloys rubbish looking.
    Go blue I’d say or maybe silver but I’d say silver will be more common. Either is a winner as both great colours.

Sorry forgot the essential alloy upgrade!
    Whoever signed off the standard wheels is very clever as they know loads will upgrade them. Very similar to BMW they make the standard alloys rubbish looking.
    Go blue I’d say or maybe silver but I’d say silver will be more common. Either is a winner as both great colours.

I don't think there's a standout colour. None of them are unique to the CS. In the MK7 there was the very nice carbon grey. Actually any of the greys from the MK7 era (carbon, limestone, indium) were all much nicer than the 2 greys on offer today imo.

I'd never have considered blue until I saw it on the wife's T-Roc - it is genuinely classy.

Tornado red was a nicer shade of red than the new wine-red imo.

Silver probably suits the car better, better contrast with the black trim.

Maybe you should take a trip to Frank Keane’s to see the cars in the metal as they have both blue and silver in stock.

Maybe you should take a trip to Frank Keane’s to see the cars in the metal as they have both blue and silver in stock.

The last time I did that (6 years ago) a “salesman” told me to F off back to Galway and stop wasting his time. Put me off ever going near them ever since!!

The last time I did that (6 years ago) a “salesman” told me to F off back to Galway and stop wasting his time. Put me off ever going near them ever since!!

Charming! You must have been rude asking for discount when all the Dubs just hand over whatever the asking is.
    still you could just wander around to compare the paint jobs

• Advertisement

Charming! You must have been rude asking for discount when all the Dubs just hand over whatever the asking is.
    still you could just wander around to compare the paint jobs

Yeah!. I was floored tbh. I had already ordered the R in Galway. I was passing and called into them as I hadn’t seen one in the metal. I was about to leave again when this guy approached me. He saw my G-reg car parked outside and seemed to take serious personal offence to it! I had barely opened my mouth when he told me to bugger off unless I was actually buying. Maybe he was having a bad day, who knows, but he torpedoed a lot of good will for me.

I contacted his boss afterwards. He told me this fella was his best salesman. I couldn’t find him on the “about us” staff list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I honestly hope he got his walking papers after that or if not at least a serious telling off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Would love to hear the other side of the story :)

Would love to hear the other side of the story :)

That doesn't surprise me.

I ordered a CS this morning. Too soon to say yet when I might get it. 3 months minimum but fingers crossed it won't be much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That doesn't surprise me.

And so it shouldn't

And so it shouldn't

In other words, you're saying I am a liar and added on an arsey smiley face onto it for good measure. Charming, but its par for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I ordered a CS this morning. Too soon to say yet when I might get it. 3 months minimum but fingers crossed it won't be much longer.

Congrats! What spec, colour, wheels etc. come on Joe spill the beans :)

Congrats! What spec, colour, wheels etc. come on Joe spill the beans :)

I really like Atlantic blue (yours is this isn’t it?) but I went with silver. I could change my mind again though!

Other than that, very similar to the spec GavRedKing picked. Estorils, adaptive chassis, camera and winter pack. Thought about HUD or pano roof but resisted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Was the HUD much more Joe? I think they are kinda cool.

Advertisement