Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I had an update from VW this morning via my dealer.
    They're not building any more performance Golf's until all existing stocks are sold. Dealers are being advised to inform customers to expect a ~6 month lead time. It will be October at the earliest before my car arrives. So it'll be a 221 reg I reckon, assuming I just don't get bored and cancel it.

Oh and there's a €640 price increase from MY22. Nice :rolleyes:

Would you buy a car that’s already built and in the system for your dealer to get earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Would you buy a car that’s already built and in the system for your dealer to get earlier?

Maybe but I don't think there's very many of them. He had ordered a GTI and a CS for stock 6-8 weeks ago and they still don't have a build week.

TBH I'm in no rush so waiting sort of suits me but ideally it'd have been nice to get it before October. Mid-late October onwards is getting a bit late to register it.

OSI wrote: »
    They're selling poorly enough they have to stop production, yet they figure a price hike is due?

Selling poorly? I don't think thats the case at all. The bulletin from VW he sent me states the opposite actually - demand is much higher than expected and coupled with component shortages we have the imperfect storm.

Price hikes are par for the course, they do it around this time of the year every year, so I was expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If it's that late in the year and the 0% doesn't follow on into 221, I'll be cancelling my order anyway.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If it's that late in the year and the 0% doesn't follow on into 221, I'll be cancelling my order anyway.

I'd expect to still get the 0%. If not, likewise - they can keep it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've not heard fromy dealer but I'll give them a buzz tomorrow and see what they have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

That's a pain Joe, hopefully there is something that suits your spec requirements in the system...

My one is in the dealer's off-site compound since last week. Just waiting for the 221 reg in July. They've no issue with that in fairness to them.

I have my January price locked in but I'm being cheeky and trying to get them to honour the new 0% PCP as opposed to the 1.9% that was out back then...I was told that they "think" they'd have to change to the new pricing if I want the 0% deal. Not sure where I officially stand on that yet. I'll find out when I go in to sign the paperwork next month I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Buying a nice car in this country is such a painful experience.

Between ridiculous lead times and ever increasing prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I saw a club sport in moonstone and Brescia wheels yesterday. It did look very well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mcburns07 wrote: »

(And taxes...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

moleyv wrote: »
    I saw a club sport in moonstone and Brescia wheels yesterday. It did look very well

The Brescia wheels are from the 7.5, are you sure it was those? Possible that someone retrofitted them afterwards of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've been seeing Brescia and Cadiz on so many standard Golfs and Passat's lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lon

Clubsport ordered 2nd week February.

Build week has gone from 11 to 17 to 23 to I think 27, back to 23 and suddenly changed lately to week 30 and MY22 !

So it could be worse ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Are there any spec changes for MY 22?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

mcburns07 wrote: »

It reminds me of school. Maths teacher piles on homework as if you didn't get work from English, history, geography etc...

Car going up in price isn't exclusive. So did fuel, gas, electricity, broadband, Spotify, Netflix etc. It's been a record year for all these companies. I'm sure we'll be getting USC 2.0 in the next budget and God knows what else.

Good thing we get a subsided dental clean through PRSI each year otherwise I'd be screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Any thoughts on the this Cupra? Looks like it has a radar under the reg so acc and just the drivers seat is heated?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27837186

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Zurbaran wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the this Cupra? Looks like it has a radar under the reg so acc and just the drivers seat is heated?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27837186

No heated seats, the buttons would be either side of the blower selection

It's an import as it has ACC, Irish Cupras didn't have it as an option. It doesn't have heated seats at all like ILikeBoats said. Strong money for the mileage (and it is miles, as they haven't switched it to kms yet in the settings)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

UK reg?

Don't think it has heated seats at all as the button for them are either side of the fan directional controls and it looks like they're just blanks.

Should have ACC I'd imagine as it has the radar. My 181 Leon ST has the radar with front assist but not sure if it has ACC as I haven't tested it yet... lol

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    No heated seats, the buttons would be either side of the blower selection
    Yeah looking at it again it doesn’t. No reverse camera too as I don’t think they are under badge like in the golf?

• Advertisement

Two Irish reg Cupras on Donedeal for €35k though neither have ACC as stated above.

The one posted seems like a lot of money when you take the VRT and NOx into account.

Yeah looking at it again it doesn’t. No reverse camera too as I don’t think they are under badge like in the golf?

Aye, it's above the reg plate on the bumper, and obviously missing there. It doesn't have wireless phone charging either if that's your thing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I see that lovely blue 181 4drive ST sold for 32k. 42km on the clock. No heated seats in that one either.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/cupra-leon-sold-sold-sold-cupra-st-2-0tsi-300bh/28102969

Two Irish reg Cupras on Donedeal for €35k though neither have ACC as stated above.

The one posted seems like a lot of money when you take the VRT and NOx into account.

That price can’t be before vrt when you take into account the price of the others. If it is it would be far more expensive than the one from frank keane for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I wouldn't lose any sleep over heated seats if they're anything like the cloth ones on the gti, you start to self identify as a slice of bread in a toaster if they're on too long, different story when it's leather.
    ACC you definitely want, reversing camera handy but it's not so big you need one.
    It has android auto/car play, which is essential, Waze is a gift.
    There's a lot to be said for a 5 door.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I see that lovely blue 181 4drive ST sold for 32k. 42km on the clock. No heated seats in that one either.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/cupra-leon-sold-sold-sold-cupra-st-2-0tsi-300bh/28102969

No surprise that it went quick. That's a hell of a lot of car for the price these days. A 150bhp ST Leon is going to cost you at least €21k at present.

It's also a lot nicer than the 191 on Donedeal atm for €35k.

That price can’t be before vrt when you take into account the price of the others. If it is it would be far more expensive than the one from frank keane for example.

You'd think that but it makes no mention of VRT on the ad and is listed as UK Reg.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I wouldn't lose any sleep over heated seats if they're anything like the cloth ones on the gti, you start to self identify as a slice of bread in a toaster if they're on too long, different story when it's leather.
    ACC you definitely want, reversing camera handy but it's not so big you need one.
    It has android auto/car play, which is essential, Waze is a gift.
    There's a lot to be said for a 5 door.

Think it was several months before I noticed mine had the heated seats, more a nice to have for sure. Not bothered by ACC tbh but then I'm not doing many long journeys. Pretty much leave it in Cupra mode all the time.

No surprise that it went quick. That's a hell of a lot of car for the price these days. A 150bhp ST Leon is going to cost you at least €21k at present.

It's also a lot nicer than the 191 on Donedeal atm for €35k.

Indeed, 32k isn't bad at all, not seen one in that colour before either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Think it was several months before I noticed mine had the heated seats, more a nice to have for sure. Not bothered by ACC tbh but then I'm not doing many long journeys. Pretty much leave it in Cupra mode all the time.

Yea if your not doing a lot of long spins you wouldn't need it, I rarely use the heated seats either, I do have the R in comfort mode a lot that suspension setting really soaks up the bumps not sure if it was available on the cupra again unless your covering a lot of mixed ground standard suspension is good enough, I'd no complaints with the GTI suspension it's a lot lighter car though.

• Advertisement

Yea if your not doing a lot of long spins you wouldn't need it, I rarely use the heated seats either, I do have the R in comfort mode a lot that suspension setting really soaks up the bumps not sure if it was available on the cupra again unless your covering a lot of mixed ground standard suspension is good enough, I'd no complaints with the GTI suspension it's a lot lighter car though.

I actually found the standard suspension better on the R (on 19's) than the GTI I had before it (18's). The R felt less skitty and unsettled on the bumps, much more planted. Presumably due to the extra weight in the back especially.

Advertisement