Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie question on imports

Options
  • 16-06-2020 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

My father is looking to import from either China or Taiwan. Wondering on dumping charges and if they both have the same tarrifs and duties when it comes to importing.

Thanks in advance, it's not my area and I'm not involved but it might stop him making big mistakes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

It would be of immense help if you said what the products are.

Otherwise no-one can give you any sort of answer as every product has a different taric code and different duty rates.

And the number of people who think its easy and then get burnt is substantial. You need to be sure of product quality, the company that is making them, the sales agent, the money is going to a bona fide company account etc etc.

It can be done, but you need proper research and diligence

Advertisement